Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 143434 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »

I don't have netflix or similar channels to watch series, so I miss most of them.

Yesterday evening I came across the movie Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise. I was only able to watch it very short, as I simply can't see Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. He is so not my imagination of Jack Reacher.
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: June 22, 2020, 07:20:28 PM »

I don't have netflix or similar channels to watch series, so I miss most of them.

Yesterday evening I came across the movie Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise. I was only able to watch it very short, as I simply can't see Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. He is so not my imagination of Jack Reacher.

I have read one or two of the books in the past. They are entertaining but it worried me that he has only one set of clothing so does he wear the same underwear every day    I could not get past this. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: June 22, 2020, 10:26:33 PM »

Tom Cruise is a "brechmittel" (emetic) for me. He gives me the creeps and ever since he jumped up and down Oprah's couch, compared the fact that Scientology lost it's church status in Germany with the Holocaust and sprouted that women should endure childbirth silently as an atonement for Eve's original sin and women's impurity in general, I can't and wouldn't watch anything with him.

Unorthodox is amazing...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: June 23, 2020, 12:00:52 AM »

I have read one or two of the books in the past. They are entertaining but it worried me that he has only one set of clothing so does he wear the same underwear every day    I could not get past this. 

Laughing
Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: June 28, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »

If you enjoyed Unorthodox, you might also like Kalifat/Caliphate.

"A looming ISIS attack on Sweden entangles the fates of five young women, including a mother in a bind, an ambitious agent, and a spirited student."

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d11U7VTDFn0
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: June 28, 2020, 06:45:38 PM »

I have just mainlined all of Magnificent Century and Magnificent Century: Kosem.

Theses two series are so addictive they could give crystal meth a run for its money. Also, my romance novel loving inner 13 year old ships Hurrem and Suleiman (MC) and Murad and Farya (Kosem) super hard.
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: June 29, 2020, 01:17:40 PM »

I just started season 1 of "24" with Kiefer Sutherland, never having watched it before. Amazing, and its from 2001 but still holds up so well! Sometimes I feel "older" series do not have the same pace as today's series but that one is really good. And the pace is actually great, much better, a tad slower than can be seen in more recent series (e.g. Scandal). When it came out in 2001 it must have been a real hit!

lilyrose

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: June 30, 2020, 04:26:46 AM »

I have just mainlined all of Magnificent Century and Magnificent Century: Kosem.

Theses two series are so addictive they could give crystal meth a run for its money. Also, my romance novel loving inner 13 year old ships Hurrem and Suleiman (MC) and Murad and Farya (Kosem) super hard.

I am about halfway through season 1 of Kosem, debating what to do once I finish this season if I want to stop and go back to watch the original Magnificent Century and then come back and finish or just finish Kosem first. I am still early on in the season but I was shipping Mehmet and Fahriye so badly! Cry
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: June 30, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »

I am about halfway through season 1 of Kosem, debating what to do once I finish this season if I want to stop and go back to watch the original Magnificent Century and then come back and finish or just finish Kosem first. I am still early on in the season but I was shipping Mehmet and Fahriye so badly! Cry

I know, they broke my heart and though I didn't ship them I really wanted them to get married and live a happy secluded life in the country but Fahriye had to be an idiot and throw her lot in with Mehmet's ne'er do well brother.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: June 30, 2020, 02:22:33 PM »

Wonderful and great how you can be drawn in such a television series. That it seems to come alive in RL Wink Smiley
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: July 01, 2020, 12:57:41 PM »

“A most wanted man” was very good it’s on Prime. Philip Seymour Hoffman’s final starring role. It’s a spy vs. spy movie. Hoffman “follows the money” of alleged terrorists in Hamburg.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: July 01, 2020, 04:48:05 PM »

Mad Men.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: July 01, 2020, 10:49:11 PM »

I just started season 1 of "24" with Kiefer Sutherland, never having watched it before. Amazing, and its from 2001 but still holds up so well! Sometimes I feel "older" series do not have the same pace as today's series but that one is really good. And the pace is actually great, much better, a tad slower than can be seen in more recent series (e.g. Scandal). When it came out in 2001 it must have been a real hit!

Yup. Don't phone won't answer, every chore waits, kids shut up, must-see in real time TV. Some feel that "Blacklist" had echoes of that show.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: July 01, 2020, 10:52:02 PM »

Mad Men.

Every boomer grandma and grandpa understood that show - but from their own perspective. Their kids and grandkids mostly watched for the fashions and the snappy  retorts.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
BassChick

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: July 03, 2020, 05:17:05 AM »

Mad Men.

I love that show.  I've watched it twice, and yesterday I ordered it on DVD.  Can't wait to see that Amazon box arrive! 

I'm still watching Classic Doctor Who (I'm on the Fifth Doctor), and Star Trek TNG.

I've started a rewatch of the original Upstairs Downstairs.  I've watched it so many times, and I keep coming back, but I don't know why because I don't really like any of the characters.  What keeps drawing me to this show???  Crazy  I tried watching the new version, but I didn't like it at all. 
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: