Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV series / shows have you been watching lately?  (Read 203234 times)
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: April 18, 2021, 05:14:12 AM »

Has anyone watched Poldark? I'm trying to decide if I should invest in Amazon Prime so I can watch it.

I wouldn’t just for Poldark, but if you would use the other benefits it could be worth it.

I'm watching Poldark and love it. Recently watched The Durrells in Corfu and My Mother and Other Strangers. I'm liking paying for Amazon. I let HBO go recently. Disney is worthless but cheap.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: April 18, 2021, 04:30:48 PM »

These days I am "captivated" by the Northern Irish series The Derry girls. Since I don't have access to Channel 4 or Netflix, I have to make do with what I find online (especially Youtube). Currently I got a friend with Netflix so far that he has now started the series. I already got quotes from the first episodes via Whatsapp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derry_Girls

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Derry Girls! It was one of the first shows I watched in lockdown. I've been on an English/Irish/Scottish TV roll ever since.

See if you can find “Black Books” Paulina. One of the most underrated comedies I can think of.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0262150/

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: April 18, 2021, 04:48:56 PM »

Anybody watched Chernobyl? Seen the first part, and I think it really is superbly done...
i looooooved Chernobyl one of the best TV show imo

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: April 18, 2021, 04:51:05 PM »

Has anyone watched Poldark? I'm trying to decide if I should invest in Amazon Prime so I can watch it.
Great show i love it
But will not go to invest money only to watch it 

anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: April 18, 2021, 06:15:35 PM »

Thanks for the Poldark feedback! There’s a couple of other royalty shows on there (the white princess etc) so I might just have to do it! Plus I hear Yellowstone is amazing.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: April 18, 2021, 07:38:46 PM »

Thanks for the Poldark feedback! There’s a couple of other royalty shows on there (the white princess etc) so I might just have to do it! Plus I hear Yellowstone is amazing.

Oh yes - Yellowstone is definitely a great series.  I enjoyed The White Princess too. 

Prime Video also houses my purchased vids, like Corner Gas and Schitts Creek. If I pick a longer delivery window I get $1 to $2 off for digital purchases (books or vids), so I’ve gotten some of my favorite shows at a discount or for free.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: April 18, 2021, 09:26:36 PM »

These days I am "captivated" by the Northern Irish series The Derry girls. Since I don't have access to Channel 4 or Netflix, I have to make do with what I find online (especially Youtube). Currently I got a friend with Netflix so far that he has now started the series. I already got quotes from the first episodes via Whatsapp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derry_Girls

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Derry Girls! It was one of the first shows I watched in lockdown. I've been on an English/Irish/Scottish TV roll ever since.

See if you can find “Black Books” Paulina. One of the most underrated comedies I can think of.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0262150/

I will look for Black Books. Thanks for the recommendation!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: April 19, 2021, 02:36:01 AM »

White Princess is great too but you have to watch first the white Queen,

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: April 19, 2021, 03:40:46 AM »

Last night I watched the documentary "Scotland: 1000 Years of History", narrated by John Hannah and including commentary by historians and other scholars.  I found it not only very informative but also extremely entertaining show.  In only about 90 minutes it dealt with the last 1000 of Scottish history including the formal relationship between Scotland and England, the development of the strong connection between Scotland and European countries, different attitudes to education and the large number of educational institutions in Scotland, the cultural changes that followed Culloden, the differences between lowland and  highland culture, the industrial and economic developments in the last couple of centuries, and the independence vote.  Having all these issues addressed in the one session meant you could retain information about all the topics and cross-reference the different issues in your mind and that resulted in a very handy encapsulation.  It was, of course, only a summary and probably not of much interest or value to those who have a deep knowledge of the subject, but I found it very enjoyable and I want to watch it again.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: April 19, 2021, 08:56:47 PM »

White Princess is great too but you have to watch first the white Queen,

Oh good to know! Thanks!!
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: April 19, 2021, 10:19:19 PM »

Schitt's Creek is hysterically funny. The actors who play the father and son, are in fact, father and son.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: April 20, 2021, 12:19:54 AM »

Schitt's Creek is hysterically funny. The actors who play the father and son, are in fact, father and son.

I love that show!  Always good for a laugh! 

Those of you who watch "Peaky Blinders:"  How graphic (violence) is it?  I'm so curious to watch it, but I'm a little worried it's a bit much for me! 
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: April 20, 2021, 11:46:12 AM »

I love that show!  Always good for a laugh! 

Those of you who watch "Peaky Blinders:"  How graphic (violence) is it?  I'm so curious to watch it, but I'm a little worried it's a bit much for me! 

Peaky Blinders is an amazing show but it can be quite graphic with violence. Nothing very shocking or super disturbing, but it can be a bit violent and there blood.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: April 20, 2021, 06:35:04 PM »

I love that show. I can't believe I never caught on to that!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: April 20, 2021, 06:46:25 PM »

I love that show. I can't believe I never caught on to that!

Yes and the café waitress is Eugene’s daughter/Dan’s sister.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: