Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William quits RAF  (Read 9935 times)
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »

Hibou the others will be moved to a different area/ position or they will be allowed to continue in their same job if they want. This won't really start until 2015 though.

And I'm not seeing any site legitimately saying he has quit. Just gossip bloggers having headlines to lure in a reader. And doesn't his tour of duty not end until  September.

I don't think he has quit yet but I'm sure he is throwing a little tantrum because he won't be all to continue as is. God forbid he has to spend time with that robot wife of his.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:45:06 AM by Kiki LaShrewd » Logged
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 12:47:14 AM »

Doesn't this have more to do with the privatization of the search and rescue service?  And incidentally, that does seem a rather odd choice, from my perspective. What if the search and rescue people decide to go on strike?

More importantly, if they are privatizing the search and rescue, what are the others going to do? Will they just be re-trained and reassigned? If so, then I can see why William is leaving. In addition with his new appointment to the Queen, although somewhat ceremonial, I'm guessing he's going to spend time "shadowing" his Grandparents to learn how to be King. Also I read somewhere he was going to go into the Queen's cavalry which brings him closer to the palace and the Queen's watchful eye. Both Philip and the Queen are pulling back on the number of engagements they do a year so Charles and Camilla will be expected to pick up the slack which means that Charles will be handing over some of his engagements to William. I think once the baby is born Kate and William are going to have to step up to the plate and work harder. JMO.

I agree with your assessment. Passing the torch time has begun...!

I sure hope so. The Queen and Prince Philip are in their twilight years plus Charles and Camilla are on the downhill slide to 70, an age when most people have already retired or are planning to retire. There is absolutely no reason that the younger generation can't get with the program. They have all had enough "Me Time".
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 01:00:32 AM »

come on that girl has been attached to his leg for 600 years I doubt it's that.
She's like a carbuncle he just can't shake off.

I cannot imagine them living peacefully in Kensington and willingly doing duties like appearances and other brainless excursions. He's going to probably be completely bald by the end of the summer after he loses his ability to escape from his royal responsibilities.

So now the tabloids are going to get a lot more active this coming summer. He'll be forced into work he loathes and looks down on while she'll be stuck at home with a kid and while her mother will try to help, the palace will push Carole out like no other.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »

Well, I thought Willy was supposed to make some sort of decision on this about 3 or 4 months ago.  What happened, other than politics?

LOL.

I'm loving it, if it's true.  This LOSER needs to step up to the plate and start doing some royal family work.  By this age (30), his grandmother had already been the Queen for FIVE YEARS. 
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 02:34:49 AM »

If Will is doing this as a stand against privitisation, the question is.... what is the point?

Are the government really going to listen to a spoiled horse having a tantrum?  Wow, he's a statesman of epic negotiating ability if it works.

I simply don't understand the logic - if it exists - of him resigning to take some kind of stand.  Adults negotiate.  Children have a strop.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 02:38:44 AM »

Chances are it was taken out of his hands and he was told that he's going to get to work. Now the RAF is outsourced and that means that unless he tries to move to the US and 'work' there with the rest of the RAF pilots, he's going to leave and get to his real job he's destined for.

It's about time he started doing his fair share of the work and it's time he stopped wasting a place in the military just because he wants to shirk doing his job and shirk doing what is expected of him. He doesn't' like it, but he didn't use uni the way he should if he had wanted more out of life.

He's not qualified to negotiate anything and chances are he's going to do duties, like it or not. He has no credibility and he has no real authority, not even HM can do anything about this and she's the sovereign, not the Prime Minister or President. I don't think she is inclined to help him out.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
One of the Peasants

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 02:42:39 AM »

We know the PR is desperate when every one of Will's rescues is news worthy.

Can you imagine if every time we did our jobs, it was recorded publically...

'Secretary makes coffee for manager!'

'Lawyer goes to court!'

'Doctor diagnosis cold and hands out lollipop to brave three year old'.

Why is Will doing his job so worthy of admiration?

Because horses need to be petted, otherwise when you try to give them a carrot they bite your fingers off.   Banana Laughing

Where's Carl
One of the Peasants

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 02:48:11 AM »

If William quit, could it be as a statement against the privatisation of the British Search and Rescue services?  His opinion carries more weight perhaps than publicising the opinions or resignation of his colleagues.  William might be making a stance for their jobs.  He has something else to go to whereas his fellow pilots might not welcome a forced change to their careers.   Thinking

For him to take a stance on anything would require an admission that life is not all about him, thus, I cannot agree, although I would love for this to be the case.  However, no one that selfish would be able to think of others in such a way.  No, he is just stomping those hooves and hoping he can pull the Diana card before the spawn is born.   Ranting Real mad

Where's Carl
just me
Banned
Big Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 04:29:58 AM »

this is the loooooooongest good bye, i am hearing about this for at least a year. it's still gossip sites, even dm haven't picked it up and no tweets from royal reporters so  don't believe it. i believe it when i see it actually  happening or an official announcement. when the inevitable comes i bet he won't become a full time royal, he will get into another militarily job and continue to be part time royal. i  am afraid that he is so spoiled and indulged that it will take someone to die and enormous public backlash afterwards for him finally face his destiny.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 02:04:02 AM »

It seems it would appear to be so - even the Belfast Tele has picked it up.
http://www.belfasttelegra...ng-raf-role-29160844.html
Notice how they mention down the article that Kate is working on a 'photo project' that 'she's not telling anyone about yet' -

Is this what the taxpayers are paying her for, to find herself and experiment with new things?

Hahahahahahaha!   Star

So far no trips to India.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 02:37:46 AM »

Is this what the taxpayers are paying her for, to find herself and experiment with new things?
[/quote]

whell..as long as IAMdiana finds herself, and not MM's self...we'll be ahead

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 03:25:34 AM »

My take on this is that he will try to extend his tour until 2015 when the SAR is fully privatised using the excuse of saving the money needed to be spent on training someone else to do this job in the RAF when it will only be for another two years anyway.

The other rumour I heard some months ago was that he intended on returning to the army and the Household Cavalry with a London posting so he could work from KP (the Household Cavalry is HQd at Horseguards, which is within walking distance for a fit young person - being mid-40s with arthritis developing in both knees in 2002 I managed to walk that far and futher quite easily) and do either desk work or even some ceremonial duties for a few more years while he increases his royal workload - the idea being that he progressively moves from one career to the other rather than move in one go from military to royal work.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 04:12:34 AM »

It seems it would appear to be so - even the Belfast Tele has picked it up.

http://www.belfasttelegra...ng-raf-role-29160844.html

Notice how they mention down the article that Kate is working on a 'photo project' that 'she's not telling anyone about yet' -  Thinking

Considering her last "photo project", the oh so tasteful holiday pics, I wouldn't mind her keeping this "project" a secret. After all she has lots of experience from all those top secret charity meetings she so frequently attends.

As for Seabiscuit. He is useless. 'Nuff said.

I so prefer the idea of a royal taking photies of people on holidays, a topic they very much engage with,  rather than little poor brown people as the occasional once-off for PR  ....  Whistle
just me
Banned
Big Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »

My take on this is that he will try to extend his tour until 2015 when the SAR is fully privatised using the excuse of saving the money needed to be spent on training someone else to do this job in the RAF when it will only be for another two years anyway.

The other rumour I heard some months ago was that he intended on returning to the army and the Household Cavalry with a London posting so he could work from KP (the Household Cavalry is HQd at Horseguards, which is within walking distance for a fit young person - being mid-40s with arthritis developing in both knees in 2002 I managed to walk that far and futher quite easily) and do either desk work or even some ceremonial duties for a few more years while he increases his royal workload - the idea being that he progressively moves from one career to the other rather than move in one go from military to royal work.
i am a little uneducated on what exactly is this household cavalry? ca you please explain it to me, is it part of real army? what functions it perform?
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »

The Household Cavalry are the elite horse units of the British army. They are best known for their ceremonial roles associated with the BRF - they are the soldiers on horses in the parades etc but they are also an fully trained and functioning armoured units that see action in all the wars. If you visit London and go to Horseguards you will see a couple of soldiers in red uniforms on horses standing guard - they are members of the Household Cavalry. Don't be fooled - they aren't just pretty to look at but are fully trained and do serve in war zones.

Like the infantry units that stand guard a BP they are fully performing members of the army and rotate between the ceremonial duties and the fighting side of the regiments' duties.

Both Harry and William joined The Blues and Royals, which is one of the regiments that make up the Household Cavalry, when they left Sandhurst although both did minimal training with them due to not being able to serve on the ground in warzones.

For William a job at Horseguards, with the Blues and Royals would allow him to do some time still in the military but also increase his royal workload, with far more ease than he has from Wales.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: