Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Laurent and family  (Read 124368 times)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2014, 11:41:16 PM »

They are now sending Claire to the D-day ceremony. Well it's sort of the pre -ceremony isn't it? With the big event being on the 6th.
Is this the first time Claire has officially represented the BRF on her own?

The twin sons of Laurent and Claire had their First Communion:

She looks great! Yes
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2014, 07:34:51 AM »

EAH I'm not sure if it is her first time representing the BRF in that capacity. I googled around a bit and couldn't find any instance where she represented the BRF in an official capacity without Laurent. It could have happened but if so then it is rare.

Its interesting in light of this thread. Phillipe seems to be making a real effort for his brother.

More pictures from the christening. Sorry to be Judgy McBitch but seeing Paola and Albert cling to Claire after how they behaved over Laurent's breakdown sort of disgusts me. They are all over her and she looks uncomfortable. And of course Paola is collecting flowers 

diamond

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »

Claire looks lovely but very uneasy around those two.
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »

Good on Claire for being the bigger person.That wouldn't be me. I hope the kids are not aware of the tension .
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »

I get the feeling their marriage is done

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Tinika

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2014, 07:50:46 PM »

Ugh, Paola.  I guess now we know a large part of the reason why she hasn't aged well.  What's the saying, you get the face you deserve? The inner woman shows through eventually.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2014, 11:11:10 PM »

I also find Paola and Albert's behavior to be over the top and ridiculous.  The damage has already been done, IMO.  Laurent may be obnoxious, but there is still nothing more obnoxious than two parents who chose not to visit their mentally ill son in the hospital.  Nothing excuses that, IMO. 

Claire has done quite a few engagements on her own.  She's done something with at the de Ligne castle for the past two or three years, and she's also had an event for a few years at with a theatre group Thinking 
Visenya

Large Member

United States United States

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 02:53:56 AM »

I also find Paola and Albert's behavior to be over the top and ridiculous.  The damage has already been done, IMO.  Laurent may be obnoxious, but there is still nothing more obnoxious than two parents who chose not to visit their mentally ill son in the hospital.  Nothing excuses that, IMO. 

Claire has done quite a few engagements on her own.  She's done something with at the de Ligne castle for the past two or three years, and she's also had an event for a few years at with a theatre group Thinking 

Star Pixie.

Kudos to Claire, she's really the better person here, I'd probably let go of either of them if they tried to hold my arm. Specially Paola, who couldn't be bothered to visit her son but was willing to release that nasty statement 

And I'm glad that Philippe in his own way is trying to do something for his brother in whatever little he may be able to. IMO, both siblings understand what Laurent is going through, he's the one whose paternity has always been in question and having the 'loving' parents they have, it might have made them a tighter unit. Good for Philippe for not just letting his brother go and washing his hands, I can understand that it might be difficult, but at least, he's trying to do something positive for his brother.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
Helena B

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »

By placing Claire in a role at the pre-D-Day ceremonies, the King is sending a clear message to his brother Laurent:  If Claire is handling such an important assignment, then you can be sure that, once you are stronger, you will definitely have royal duties and a role to play.  You are not going to be kept in the shadows, which was how our half-uncle (Alexander??) was treated by the last two kings.

I think this message must be reassuring to Laurent at this time, and I am impressed at what Philippe is doing for his brother.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2014, 08:05:56 PM »

Prince Laurent was present at the arrival of the first 40 victims of the MH17 crash in Eindhoven, Netherlands.

On the left, with grey hair and sunglasses:
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2014, 01:46:09 AM »

The 2 faces of prince Laurent, sensitive father and prince-scandal : http://www.parismatch.com...e-prince-esclandre-577600

Je suis Charlie
diamond

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2014, 02:27:44 AM »

I have a soft spot for this poor soul, and I cannot say why but I am glad to see that Philipe
is giving him some responsibilities, even at this desperately sad time.
Tinika

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2014, 01:39:44 PM »

I have a soft spot for this poor soul, and I cannot say why but I am glad to see that Philipe
is giving him some responsibilities, even at this desperately sad time.

Yes
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »

Me too.  I see him as purely a product of his parents' dysfunction. 
Carolina

Baby Member

Lithuania Lithuania

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2014, 09:22:09 PM »

Me too.  I see him as purely a product of his parents' dysfunction. 

Myself coming from a dysfunctional family (some marriages just shouldn't happen, 'nuff said) I feel the same. It's sad to see people who had been ran over by a roller of such misfortune. And it's angering to see mommy and daddy trying to whitewash themselves or just happily prancing around.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: