Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Laurent and family  (Read 48054 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2017, 10:58:05 PM »

She's married to a man who needs more mothering than her three children combined and who is constantly getting into scrapes. I'm sure there's a level of frustration with life. Years ago someone surmised that Laurent suffers from depression or unresolved issues from his childhood and that Claire was overwhelmed by what she'd agreed to take on. I don't doubt it.

Reminds me of the time that Claire defended Laurent, by angry intervene during a speech of Laurent.
The press kept on asking specific questions/ referring to a specific item to Laurent (I believe during an opening or so) and Claire told them enough is enough.

Was that the same incident where she told the press to back off because there were children in this family who were being effected by the media reporting? 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »

She's married to a man who needs more mothering than her three children combined and who is constantly getting into scrapes. I'm sure there's a level of frustration with life. Years ago someone surmised that Laurent suffers from depression or unresolved issues from his childhood and that Claire was overwhelmed by what she'd agreed to take on. I don't doubt it.

Reminds me of the time that Claire defended Laurent, by angry intervene during a speech of Laurent.
The press kept on asking specific questions/ referring to a specific item to Laurent (I believe during an opening or so) and Claire told them enough is enough.

Was that the same incident where she told the press to back off because there were children in this family who were being effected by the media reporting? 

If I rembember it correct: yes
genegal43

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2017, 04:21:24 PM »

Saw this on facebook on the Palace Royale RLT TVI page this morning:

Prime Minister Charles Michel intends to impose a "proportionate sanction" on Prince Laurent. The latter was photographed in late July at the Chinese Embassy at a ceremony marking the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Army Foundation.

Following various incidents, the prime minister had told laurent that he could no longer meet with foreign dignitaries, at the risk of losing his annual allocation of 308.000 euros per year.

Source: Belga

The comments on this post are interesting.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »

Prime Minister Charles Michel intends to impose a "proportionate sanction" on Prince Laurent. The latter was photographed in late July at the Chinese Embassy at a ceremony marking the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Army Foundation.

Following various incidents, the prime minister had told laurent that he could no longer meet with foreign dignitaries, at the risk of losing his annual allocation of 308.000 euros per year.

Why do some royals have this need of interfering in areas where they shouldn't interfere and choose to ridicule themselves and their families? Prince Andrew, Laurent, Prince Henrik? What is it with them? Do they just hate not being in a position of power or do they hate their mother/brother/wife?

Well, at least, the Belgian government is willing to show Laurent his place which is more than what the British government does in the case of Prince Andrew and his gold digger ex-wife!
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2017, 06:51:33 PM »

genegal, can you post a link?
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »

http://www.sudinfo.be/190...tie-de-la-dotation-du-pri
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:28 PM »

Thanks, Temi! Star Thumb up
jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »

It's on Politico too!

http://www.politico.eu/ar...ttend-chinese-army-event/
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2017, 11:52:52 PM »

This is big news as far as I am concerned; a royal held to account for his/her actions.

Let this be a model for times to come - let their be some fear of reprisal if you go rogue or don't fall in line!
genegal43

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2017, 03:27:52 AM »

genegal, can you post a link?

It was on this facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/PlaceRoyale/

There's a few comments point out the hypocracy of governments who deal with China and that Prince Laurent should be left alone. Whistle

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2017, 03:50:45 AM »

He's just bound and determined to constantly stir up trouble, isn't he?  I do feel sorry for him because his childhood and relationship with his parents has been pure hell.  On the other hand, he lives a privileged life, he has access to the best psychological therapy money can buy, he has a loving and supportive wife.  He's been in trouble for doing this type of stuff before and has been told more than once to knock it off. 

It's time to grow the hell up, Larry.  If you don't like the restrictions that come with your title, ditch the title and go live a private life on your own dime (or Euro). 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2017, 08:37:18 AM »

@Pixiecat, I recently regular get the notification you have been ignored. Weird as I can't remember having you or you post branded as to be ignored (by me). And sometimes I can see some of your posts, while others in the same topic/thread says you are ignored (with not showing your post). Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Laurent and it's China embassy action also made it into the Dutch news..........
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2017, 05:23:31 PM »

Principessa, send a PM to Thomas and ask him about that - it's very strange.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »

Principessa, send a PM to Thomas and ask him about that - it's very strange.

Thanks for the advice, just done it.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »

@Pixiecat, I recently regular get the notification you have been ignored. Weird as I can't remember having you or you post branded as to be ignored (by me). And sometimes I can see some of your posts, while others in the same topic/thread says you are ignored (with not showing your post). Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Laurent and it's China embassy action also made it into the Dutch news..........

That's weird.  I don't know what to say or how to solve this.   Thinking  Hopefully Thomas can sort it out. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: