Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Laurent and family  (Read 52687 times)
leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »

Is this the first time that the legislature has met to talk about reducing Laurent's endowment? I know he's been in trouble for unauthorized travel to Africa, but has he ever actually been penalized?

I think, if my memory serves me well, that he’s been formally warned twice before that this could happen. Congo 2011 & Sri Lanka more recently, and now the current incident which seems to be the last straw.

Thanks SI, I forgot about Sri Lanka. It's about time he paid the consequences for his childish behavior.

What's he paid for to begin with?

Existing.
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2017, 12:46:36 AM »

Is this the first time that the legislature has met to talk about reducing Laurent's endowment? I know he's been in trouble for unauthorized travel to Africa, but has he ever actually been penalized?

I think, if my memory serves me well, that he’s been formally warned twice before that this could happen. Congo 2011 & Sri Lanka more recently, and now the current incident which seems to be the last straw.

Thanks SI, I forgot about Sri Lanka. It's about time he paid the consequences for his childish behavior.

Existing.

Yup, vagina lottery.

Lizardcandy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2017, 01:04:00 AM »

Existing.

Doesn't sound like he's doing a stellar job of that task. What a crazy old butthead he appears to be!
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2017, 02:16:00 AM »

He is sometimes a crazy loon, I'm thinking. He is so ill behaved.  Blink

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2017, 02:57:10 AM »

He suffers from serious mental illness, I think.  Wasn't he hospitalized a year or two ago for depression?  IIRC, his parents couldn't be bothered to visit.  It would have been a miracle if he wasn't mentally ill after his horrible childhood.  His own father didn't want to claim him when he was a child.
Melanie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2017, 03:32:21 AM »

He suffers from serious mental illness, I think.  Wasn't he hospitalized a year or two ago for depression?  IIRC, his parents couldn't be bothered to visit.  It would have been a miracle if he wasn't mentally ill after his horrible childhood.  His own father didn't want to claim him when he was a child.

Yes, Pixie, he was.  In April 2014.  The unsubstantiated rumor at the time was Laurent tried to commit suicide. Cry  Normally, I wouldn't repeat a rumor about something so serious, but the rumors became so persistent the communications director issued an official denial:   

'The prince was not hospitalised as the result of a suicide attempt but for pneumonia,' said Pierre De Baow, communications director at the royal palace.

Here's he full article, which is from The Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.u...on-covered-PNEUMONIA.html

The article also states his parents did not visit.   Real mad

It was claimed the prince’s mental health problems derived from a breakdown in family relationships during his time in hospital when his parents, the former king and queen, did not visit for two weeks despite frequent reports their son was at death’s door.
This was because the royal couple 'were abroad', said De Baow. They were kept informed of his condition, the spokesman said.

100% my personal opinion, but I do think he suffers from serious depression. 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2017, 03:36:07 AM »

Yes, Pixie, he was.  In April 2014.  The unsubstantiated rumor at the time was Laurent tried to commit suicide. Cry  Normally, I wouldn't repeat a rumor about something so serious, but the rumors became so persistent the communications director issued an official denial:   

'The prince was not hospitalised as the result of a suicide attempt but for pneumonia,' said Pierre De Baow, communications director at the royal palace.

It was claimed the prince’s mental health problems derived from a breakdown in family relationships during his time in hospital when his parents, the former king and queen, did not visit for two weeks despite frequent reports their son was at death’s door.
This was because the royal couple 'were abroad', said De Baow. They were kept informed of his condition, the spokesman said.

Thank you, Melanie  Star

It's so frustrating.  I have so much sympathy for him, but he makes it so hard to maintain that sympathy when he keeps on pulling stunts like this.  He's got more access to top mental health experts than most of us; I sincerely hope he's being treated, and continues to be treated for this. 

And I have zero respect for his parents for the way they treated him when he was young.  There is no excuse for their behavior. 
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2017, 03:45:00 AM »

Yeah, I recall back then he did not receive any family support during his hospitalization - I think there was also a very odd letter at the time written by Paola or something? It was very unfortunate.  I have family members who have mental challenges. I have battled major depression for years, myself. And, I totally agree that I feel very badly for Laurent. I think in many ways he feels the world is against him, and it has been against him. He does not assist in keeping the ship righted always. Maybe he feels he can make a difference but it spins out of control or is viewed as negative. He needs to be a private citizen only. I don't know why they have him on the royal funding. It may put a big pressure on him to act according to public demand.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:28:32 AM by lellobeetle » Logged

Melanie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2017, 03:50:08 AM »

Thank you, Melanie  Star

It's so frustrating.  I have so much sympathy for him, but he makes it so hard to maintain that sympathy when he keeps on pulling stunts like this.  He's got more access to top mental health experts than most of us; I sincerely hope he's being treated, and continues to be treated for this. 

And I have zero respect for his parents for the way they treated him when he was young.  There is no excuse for their behavior. 

You're very welcome Star  If he does suffer from depression, I hope his family (and by family, I mean Claire and his siblings because we know his parents are worthless) support him in seeking and maintaining treatment.  

After reading the Mail article, his behavior DOES remind me of the symptoms of bipolar disorder.  I wonder if these occasions where he goes off and rants to the press occur when he is in the middle of a manic episode.   Thinking
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2017, 05:04:05 AM »

Thank you, Melanie  Star

You're very welcome Star  If he does suffer from depression, I hope his family (and by family, I mean Claire and his siblings because we know his parents are worthless) support him in seeking and maintaining treatment.  

After reading the Mail article, his behavior DOES remind me of the symptoms of bipolar disorder.  I wonder if these occasions where he goes off and rants to the press occur when he is in the middle of a manic episode.   Thinking

That's a really good point.  His irrational behavior does seem manic to me (and I don't know much about bipolar disorder other than when someone is manic, they also seem to make statements about being attacked/someone out to get them).  If that's the case, he needs meds and he needs to be made to stay on those meds-for Claire and the kids' sake. 
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2017, 02:51:42 PM »

Part of me feels bad for him if he is this troubled, he can't help these crazy demands or behavior in some sense--combined with the pride and delusion of a lot of royals, and that ego...

Poor Claire and kids.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2017, 06:10:03 PM »

Part of me feels bad for him if he is this troubled, he can't help these crazy demands or behavior in some sense--combined with the pride and delusion of a lot of royals, and that ego...

Poor Claire and kids.

Champagne  Star

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: