Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Hannover  (Read 85233 times)
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2020, 10:33:38 PM »

They will dry him out, sober him up, and release him, usw until the end comes.  Not for nothing do they call it the coward’s suicide.  My sad and scared thoughts are with everyone who has ever had to deal with an end stage alcoholic.  Not fun, not pretty, and definitely not controllable.

Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2020, 11:06:03 PM »

It sounds to me like he has a mental condition, possibly schizophrenia, which is being exacerbated by alcoholism and/or drug abuse (and/or, he's not taking an Rx).

What an emotional wringer for his children. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »

Where is Ernest's Austrian estate?

They have several. Their main family seat is Schloss Marienburg https://de.wikipedia.org/...oss_Marienburg_(Pattensen)
It is privately owned by them but in a state of really bad repair. The son of EA who is also called EA had a huge auction years ago, selling a lot of furniture and art to get money to renovate the castle. But ... it turned out that EA senior had so much debt run up that there was hardly any money left.

The sold some adjoinging fields and buildings next.

As the hill the castle stands on needs to be stablized and there does not seem money for it, EA junior agreed in 2018 to sell it for 1€ to the state and they would do it up. At this point EA senior intervened and said that would not happen. He took legal action against his son. So it is still owned by the family, but basically rotting away ...

The Hanovers have an estate near Gmuenden in Austria (a town famous for its pottery, maybe one hour from Salzburg, I've been). They used to have a huge place there, not sure if they have that, but they definitely have a big house and various smaller lodges etc on the estate. I think EA senior has been there for a few years now so it must be fairly substantial. It's also the place where EA's brother Ludwig and his wife died (drugs and suicide was the verdict) in the late 80s. On a separate note EA was in a battle to have custody of the couple's young son but I think the maternal family won. That child would be 30s now, does anyone know what happened to him?
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2020, 03:34:53 AM »

It sounds to me like he has a mental condition, possibly schizophrenia, which is being exacerbated by alcoholism and/or drug abuse (and/or, he's not taking an Rx).

What an emotional wringer for his children. 

I agree.  He’s self medicating, not that it makes things easier for his family.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2020, 01:32:10 PM »

Alcohol abuse can itself be the mental disease.  I doubt he has schizophrenia.  And yes, late-stage alcoholism in someone who's been an alcoholic for decades is awful to see.  I had to leave my now-late ex because of it.  Wouldn't stop, didn't want to stop, couldn't stop.  gun.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2020, 02:53:21 PM »

No, it's probably cirrhosis of the liver, end stage, due chronic alcoholism. The cycles of abnormal mental behavior are due to ammonias building in the bloodstream. Get flushed out with diuretics, be okay for awhile, lather, rinse, repeat, until the kidneys are too damaged to continue the burden of what the liver should be doing, then death within 7-10 days of kidney failure.

It's a nasty way to go.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »

He was released

https://www.spiegel.de/pa...9d-460a-aa62-b4d7abc56abd

Ernst August von Hanover is free again after his arrest. The 66-year-old left the Wels prison in the afternoon.

The police in Wels said that he was released under certain conditions. He was instructed to stay in a certain place, not to make contact with the alleged victims and to stay away from the alleged crime scene.

In addition, the 66-year-old's weapons, which he had for hunting reasons, were taken away. "A preliminary gun ban has been imposed," said the spokesman.

LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2020, 12:45:55 PM »

Alessandra reappeared at a public event for the first time since giving birth to her twins in July.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: