Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hapsburg Niblets?????  (Read 974827 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3585 on: February 24, 2021, 09:50:09 AM »

Nice picture!
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3586 on: February 24, 2021, 09:52:00 AM »

That is a truly adorable baby and I love the name.

Btw since they've four daughters now, I wonder, if Katie is being pressured to birth a son.

So far from the male line of AD Rudolf in the last generation there're only daughters born. CC's brother Rudolphe has quite a few sons, but only one of them (also called CC) is married (and has four daughters as well). The others probably won't marry at all as they seem to be very religious (I believe some of them already joined orders)

Now Imre and Katie have four daughters, Christophe and Adelaide two.

I hope I'm wrong, but I could see CC being angry.

But hey his eldest daughter has three sons, almost so nature told him - suck it up.

It does almost feel pointed, that his daughter has three sons and his sons have 6 girls between them with Gabriella having a daughter as well.

I would hope Kathleen isn't being blamed for not having a son or being pressured to keep going. I shouldn't think so, they made it explicitly clear when they married that they were following the church's teachings on sex and birth control, so a big family is what they get and what they want and they can't try sex selection either. They might have a boy if they end up with another couple of babies and they don't seem to have trouble getting pregnant. But they have 4 gorgeous little girls and are very lucky. As are the grandparents.

As it is the sperm of the father and not the egg of the mother that determines gender then if any "blame" was being apportioned then it could not be towards Kathleen. One would hope that every child is welcomed irrespective and that "old school" outdated values re the passing on of family name etc are but a distant memory  . . . .  Thumb down

Even with that knowledge thinking patterns could be crazy.

I recently heard a story of a woman who wanted a child. But she and her husband couldn't get pregnant (I know only female can get pregnant). If I understood it correct it was thought the woman "to blame". She proved those people wrong or her current partner is really potent. Because after the divorce she got together with a former boyfriend of her again and within notime she was pregnant (and the child is cherished by both parents).

There're really ignorant people out there.

But it wasn't that long ago that the wife was being blamed for the gender of the baby too, albeit it's the man defining it.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3587 on: February 24, 2021, 02:03:34 PM »

That is a truly adorable baby and I love the name.

Btw since they've four daughters now, I wonder, if Katie is being pressured to birth a son.

So far from the male line of AD Rudolf in the last generation there're only daughters born. CC's brother Rudolphe has quite a few sons, but only one of them (also called CC) is married (and has four daughters as well). The others probably won't marry at all as they seem to be very religious (I believe some of them already joined orders)

Now Imre and Katie have four daughters, Christophe and Adelaide two.

I hope I'm wrong, but I could see CC being angry.

But hey his eldest daughter has three sons, almost so nature told him - suck it up.

It does almost feel pointed, that his daughter has three sons and his sons have 6 girls between them with Gabriella having a daughter as well.

I would hope Kathleen isn't being blamed for not having a son or being pressured to keep going. I shouldn't think so, they made it explicitly clear when they married that they were following the church's teachings on sex and birth control, so a big family is what they get and what they want and they can't try sex selection either. They might have a boy if they end up with another couple of babies and they don't seem to have trouble getting pregnant. But they have 4 gorgeous little girls and are very lucky. As are the grandparents.

As it is the sperm of the father and not the egg of the mother that determines gender then if any "blame" was being apportioned then it could not be towards Kathleen. One would hope that every child is welcomed irrespective and that "old school" outdated values re the passing on of family name etc are but a distant memory  . . . .  Thumb down

Even with that knowledge thinking patterns could be crazy.

I recently heard a story of a woman who wanted a child. But she and her husband couldn't get pregnant (I know only female can get pregnant). If I understood it correct it was thought the woman "to blame". She proved those people wrong or her current partner is really potent. Because after the divorce she got together with a former boyfriend of her again and within notime she was pregnant (and the child is cherished by both parents).

There're really ignorant people out there.

But it wasn't that long ago that the wife was being blamed for the gender of the baby too, albeit it's the man defining it.

Indeed, I have heard it more often.

Perhaps we should state:
"Sorry, honey, but if you want a son you have to provide me with your Y chromosome and not the X-one" Wink Smiley

In royal circles there were man getting rid of their wives because they didn't got children or no son. While in many cases it was the man being the problem instead of the woman.....
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3588 on: February 24, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »

Yes, and in the case of Henry VIII he was willing to take very drastic measures to ensure a son. And it was always the woman’s fault.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3589 on: February 24, 2021, 09:41:44 PM »

Aww this is a beautiful mother and child photo.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3590 on: March 31, 2021, 11:27:48 AM »

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3591 on: March 31, 2021, 01:34:20 PM »

They look happy together... and I don’t doubt they love their children... despite the doubts of his family it seems to have worked so far
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3592 on: March 31, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »

Did the eldest daughter do her (holy) communion? She looks like a so called 'little bride', just like my mom when she did her holy communion. Ok, my moms outfit was relatively simple compared to this outfit.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3593 on: March 31, 2021, 01:44:44 PM »

Did the eldest daughter do her (holy) communion? She looks like a so called 'little bride', just like my mom when she did her holy communion. Ok, my moms outfit was relatively simple compared to this outfit.

I thought the same... Catholic Family... but as close to Easter it is likely... I had a plain dress but relatives had very “fancy” ones ... guess the budget did not stretch that far 😀
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3594 on: March 31, 2021, 02:19:59 PM »

I am positive that she did have her First Communion and the baby was likely baptized on the same day. I think that she is wearing a plainer dress with a fancy cape. She appears to have a rosary attached to the side of the dress along with the traditional veil and headpiece. I wouldn't be surprised if this might be an heirloom dress that might have been worn by her paternal aunt's and then maybe her grandmother.

Here's a photo of Princess Marie Astrid at her first communion. (She's the blonde girl in the front.)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com...vF6InRnpgCLcB/s1600/9.jpg
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:01:05 PM by TLLK » Logged
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3595 on: March 31, 2021, 02:57:35 PM »

Yep, joint baptism/first communion. It's that time of year.

Say what you want about their religiosity/extremism, but these two pick gorgeous names for their daughters.

Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3596 on: March 31, 2021, 05:31:38 PM »

Maria Stella looks a Spanish infanta a la Velazquez, in this coat ... very sweet photo.   

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3597 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:57 PM »

Maria Stella looks a Spanish infanta a la Velazquez, in this coat ... very sweet photo.   

Perfect analogy!  Such a charming picture.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3598 on: April 01, 2021, 01:12:10 AM »

Unpopular opinion here - but I hate the concept of a “little bride”. I thought it was weird and creepy when I had mine a million years ago, and I’m sad that this particular tradition continues.

Or maybe because Sister Mary Margaret picked me up and shook me for carrying a pretty leaf in my otherwise prayerful hands I now shudder at the whole thing.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3599 on: April 01, 2021, 08:58:59 AM »

My mother was still really dressed as a bride at her first Holy Communion. That means in her case a simple/plain white dress, white handbag and a big white bow in her hair (the bow was also a fashion item in NL at that time). When the time came for me, it was already completely different in terms of clothing. You did get new clothes, but it was rather a neater version of your normal clothes. For example, I had a beautiful pink / white striped short dress, white patent shoes and coincidentally also a big white bow in my ponytail. However, this varies in the Netherlands. It is a bigger issue in the predominantly Catholic south of the Netherlands. Especially in Limburg. My peers there used to be dressed up in a kind of mini wedding dresses. Stores even have lists of who bought which dress (to prevent girls from wearing the same dress at the church) and so on. The party around is also quite a happening
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: