Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 244   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hapsburg Niblets?????  (Read 1094246 times)
Gemsheal

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3600 on: April 01, 2021, 01:32:00 PM »

My daughters wore the mini-ball gown-style Communion dresses.  I let them pick whatever they wanted, because I remembered having to wear what was available in my size, which wasn't much.   In 1973, (ugh, I'm old), it was A-line dress and knee socks! 

“Nothing is impossible - the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’”

~ Audrey Hepburn
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3601 on: April 01, 2021, 02:24:02 PM »

Unpopular opinion here - but I hate the concept of a “little bride”. I thought it was weird and creepy when I had mine a million years ago, and I’m sad that this particular tradition continues.

Or maybe because Sister Mary Margaret picked me up and shook me for carrying a pretty leaf in my otherwise prayerful hands I now shudder at the whole thing.

Being confirmed was a huge thing here, when I was that age.

We girls were competing with each other about who had the best dress.

It was far more important than the ceremony in church.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3602 on: April 01, 2021, 06:16:51 PM »

My daughters wore the mini-ball gown-style Communion dresses.  I let them pick whatever they wanted, because I remembered having to wear what was available in my size, which wasn't much.   In 1973, (ugh, I'm old), it was A-line dress and knee socks! 

Snap! 1970, just the same (except this was Church of England confirmation)
Gemsheal

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3603 on: April 01, 2021, 08:19:00 PM »

Those darn knee socks were itchy, too 

“Nothing is impossible - the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’”

~ Audrey Hepburn
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3604 on: April 02, 2021, 12:36:33 AM »

Here in some Roman Catholic dioceses First Holy Communion was made on Mother's Day Sunday in the month of May.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3605 on: April 02, 2021, 05:52:17 PM »

Here in some Roman Catholic dioceses First Holy Communion was made on Mother's Day Sunday in the month of May.

That’s my recollection too Cyril.

Because May is when all the pretty green leaves and buds begged to be carried around. Until one was caught by a vigilant nun.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #3606 on: April 02, 2021, 09:44:44 PM »

When I see this forum up again, I think Kathleen had another baby...

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3607 on: April 03, 2021, 01:13:21 AM »

She certainly seems fertile. Isn't this is stalking American with extremist views? I hope motherhood has calmed her rather than revved her up. Those girls are all adorable. I'm not catholic so I do get very uncomfortable with the bride's outfit it doesn't seem to help young women understand what they can offer the world in the broadest sense.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3608 on: April 03, 2021, 01:39:56 AM »

She certainly seems fertile. Isn't this is stalking American with extremist views? I hope motherhood has calmed her rather than revved her up. Those girls are all adorable. I'm not catholic so I do get very uncomfortable with the bride's outfit it doesn't seem to help young women understand what they can offer the world in the broadest sense.

Yes, between being a child bride for Jesus at 7 or 8 and playing with dolls that are anatomically impossible specimens (Barbie), it’s a wonder I survived my childhood.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3609 on: April 06, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »

Yes, between being a child bride for Jesus at 7 or 8 and playing with dolls that are anatomically impossible specimens (Barbie), it’s a wonder I survived my childhood.

AB, in a somewhat recalcitrant mood?
Lady Adelaide

Most Exalted Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3610 on: July 31, 2021, 11:44:35 AM »

https://twitter.com/Lally...tatus/1411691897966534658
This 4th, we were honored at Mass with descendants of Bl. Karl of Austria, whose relics & shrine are here. Archduke Imre, his great-grandson, & Archduchess Kathleen were wed here. They brought their 4 beautiful daughters.
@saintmarydc @WashArchdiocese @juventutemDC @DCCathCon

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Humongous Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #3611 on: July 31, 2021, 03:43:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/Lally...tatus/1411691897966534658
This 4th, we were honored at Mass with descendants of Bl. Karl of Austria, whose relics & shrine are here. Archduke Imre, his great-grandson, & Archduchess Kathleen were wed here. They brought their 4 beautiful daughters.
@saintmarydc @WashArchdiocese @juventutemDC @DCCathCon

Whew 4 girls now!

bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3612 on: July 31, 2021, 08:52:28 PM »

Odd isn't it, how fertility is such an issue for some royals -- thinking of the Empress Masako, for example -- and for others, reproduction is as easy as falling off the proverbial log. Looks like this branch of the Habsburg family is particularly blessed.  At least we are now in a sufficiently enlightened era that no one can blame the mom for failing to produce a male child since we now know definitively that it's the father who is determinative of the child's gender at birth.
leatherface

Humongous Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #3613 on: July 31, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »

Their second daughter looks like she is holding back a mean left hook.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3614 on: July 31, 2021, 10:48:15 PM »

Odd isn't it, how fertility is such an issue for some royals -- thinking of the Empress Masako, for example -- and for others, reproduction is as easy as falling off the proverbial log. Looks like this branch of the Habsburg family is particularly blessed.  At least we are now in a sufficiently enlightened era that no one can blame the mom for failing to produce a male child since we now know definitively that it's the father who is determinative of the child's gender at birth.

Pressure certainly ads to the stress. If you've to have a child and even more a specific gender it causes stress and you're less likely to conceive.

Age of course also plays a role.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 244   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: