Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hapsburg Niblets?????  (Read 884987 times)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3510 on: September 15, 2020, 07:51:08 PM »

Star Royal Di. Thank you for spotting Marie Christine. Considering how that the bride has more than a few nieces and a couple of nephews, I wouldn't be surprised that they were among the little attendants.  Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3511 on: September 21, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »

When searching for / looking at pictures of the Gabriella of Habsburg & Henri of Bourbon Parma wedding, I also stumbled on some interesting non wedding pictures of the couple (also some including their little daughter).

Off course among others their engagement / birth of daughter announcement pictures

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 02:01:57 PM by Principessa » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3512 on: September 21, 2020, 06:57:02 PM »

Lovely Principessa!  Star

Where do they live?
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3513 on: September 21, 2020, 08:59:20 PM »

Lovely Principessa!  Star

Where do they live?

Last I heard they lived in Switzerland. He moved there from Denmark last year.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3514 on: September 21, 2020, 09:04:19 PM »

Lovely Principessa!  Star

Where do they live?

Last I heard they lived in Switzerland. He moved there from Denmark last year.

Yes, I indeed had heard the same.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3515 on: September 21, 2020, 10:50:46 PM »

Thank you both!  Hug
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3516 on: September 22, 2020, 05:58:19 AM »

Marrying a 2nd cousin is just too close for me.  I think of all my 2nd cousins I grew-up with and it's a big NO to think of even just dating.

Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #3517 on: September 22, 2020, 07:12:04 AM »

Marrying a 2nd cousin is just too close for me.  I think of all my 2nd cousins I grew-up with and it's a big NO to think of even just dating.

I know ! I think is weird for most of us but for a Haspburg is pretty tame or something. Donít forget that they bully Kathlyn at her wedding for not being a rich princess of a non-existing la la land And be at least twice related to them.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3518 on: September 22, 2020, 03:45:38 PM »

HIS parents are second cousins.  HER parents are second cousins.  These two are the most related couple in European royalty since Anne Marie and Constantine.
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3519 on: September 22, 2020, 03:54:47 PM »

HIS parents are second cousins.  HER parents are second cousins.  These two are the most related couple in European royalty since Anne Marie and Constantine.

Aimone of Savoy-Aosta and Olga of Greece are also contenders Tongue
LadyBunion

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3520 on: September 22, 2020, 04:27:47 PM »

Marrying a 2nd cousin is just too close for me.  I think of all my 2nd cousins I grew-up with and it's a big NO to think of even just dating.

Most people who married in UK the last few hundred years were 2nd cousins or closer - they lived in smallish villages and were bound to be related somehow - I have traced marriages where both parties had the same surname and yes they were related, cousin marriages where the parents were also second cousins. The 7 sons of one of the cousin marriages all fought in WW1 and all returned safely.
FIL's uncle left the UK for the US to stay with his uncle in 1904 and ended up marrying his first
cousin once removed - their son was in the US Navy as a Chaplain and died aged 105
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3521 on: September 22, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »

Let's see, their ancestory is very much intertwined

1) Robert I, Duke of Parma x 1. Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies; 2. Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal.

a) 3rd daughter by 2nd wife: Princess Zita of Bourbon-Parma x Archduke (later Emperor) Karl of Austria
b) 3rd son by 2nd wife: Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma x Princess (later Grand Duchess) Charlotte of Luxembourg (= 1st cousins; their mothers were sisters)
c) 4th son by 2nd wife: Prince Renť of Bourbon-Parma x  Princess Margaret of Denmark

a.a) 4th son: Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria x Princess Yolande de Ligne
a.a.a) 2nd son: Archduke Carl Christian of Austria x Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg (= 2nd cousins)
a.a.a.a) 2nd daughter: Archduchess Gabriella

b.b) 1st son: Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg x Princess Josephine Charlotte of Belgium
b.b.b) 1st daughter: Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg x Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (= 2nd cousins)
b.b.b.b) 2nd daughter: Archduchess Gabriella

b.c) 3rd daughter: Princess Marie Gabriele of Luxembourg x Knud Johan, Count af Holstein-Ledreborg
b.c.c) 2nd daughter: Countess Lydia of Holstein-Ledreborg x Prince Eric of Bourbon-Parma (= 2nd cousins)
b.c.c.c) 2nd son Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma

c.c) 2nd son: Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma x 1. Princess Yolande de Broglie-Revel; 2.  Princess Maria Pia of Savoy
c.c.c) 1st son by 1st wife: Prince Eric of Bourbon-Parma x Countess Lydia of Holstein-Ledreborg (= 2nd cousins)
c.c.c.c) 2nd son Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma

Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma elder brother prince Jacques was married to  Countess Birgitte Alexandra Maria af Holstein-Ledreborg, with whom he also had issue. Made me wonder if Prince Eric and his (now divorced wife) Countess Lydia also had a link this way.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3522 on: September 22, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »

Thatís just asking for it. Iím glad their daughter appears healthy.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3523 on: September 22, 2020, 06:33:58 PM »

Are Gabrielaís parents double second cousins Huh? I canít tell if Iím reading it correctly. I know theyíre the Habsburgs, but with all the information we have now about cousin marriages...

ETA Iím happy they seem to have worked out their relationship and seem happy. I know there was a lot of doubt at first, so good for them and for their daughter.
desertrose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3524 on: September 22, 2020, 06:43:46 PM »

According to this website, Henri and Gabriella's consanguinity index is 4.74%: http://www.thepeerage.com/p70499.htm#i704990

Aimone and Olga's consanguinity index is 4.84%: http://www.thepeerage.com/p34149.htm#i341482

An explanation from the website:

Throughout the database, I show a Consanguinity Index (more correctly referred to as Wrightís Equation or a Cumulative Inbreeding Coefficient) for individuals where this is greater than zero.  This is a measure of how much the parents of the individual are related to each other, and therefore how inbreed that individual is.  In theory this index ranges from zero (completely unrelated) to close to one (parents are the same person).  In practice this measure is maxed out at around 0.28 where an individualís parents were uncle and niece (evidently a common practice among the medieval Spanish royalty).
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: