Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Josephine & Vincent - NEWS  (Read 14997 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »

I sincerely doubt this was ``assisted reproduction.'' I can't imagine Frederik's agreeing to that because of aspersions it would cast on his so-called manhood. I think this was just one of those ``oops'' events.  In my own family, my grandmother had a set of fraternal twins when she was close to 40. There have been no known twins before or since in our family. It just happened. And I'm sure it was quite a surprise.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 04:59:28 PM »

Starting "quietly"? With a PR announcement and articles in the press?

I guess Marge put her foot down to the photoshoot Mosh probably had in mind.  Old Yeller dashed Mary's hopes of sauntering in to the place, a twin in each hand, posing happily for the cameras.  Hence the "quiet" PR announcement Tongue

Judging from the apparent meltdown Fred seemed to have during Mary's pregnancy, I'd say this conception was most definitely not a welcome event or planned by BOTH parents.  He clearly did not have this in mind for his future, and it was obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes. 
choux

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »

And now for the science bit:
Twins are more common for older mums because they are more prone to produce multiple eggs in a cycle than younger women, a Dutch study has found.

The researchers found that multiple ovarian follicular development - where more than one follicle was over 14 millimetres in size - happened in 105 women.  Of the 105, only five were under the age of 30, 45 were aged between 30 and 35 and 55 were aged over 35.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4735446.stm

I think Fred would have stuck at two and she wanted a third for more attention since Marie was now reproducing.  Then she got two for the price of one.  Sadly I can imagine she sees Vince as the one she planned and Josie as the freebie...
leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 06:02:35 PM »

I think Fred would have stuck at two and she wanted a third for more attention since Marie was now reproducing.  Then she got two for the price of one.  Sadly I can imagine she sees Vince as the one she planned and Josie as the freebie...

choux,

I think it is more millstone than freebie.
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 01:31:03 AM »

I'm inclined to think that way, too. - As for IVF and similar; I have no problems with royal or non-royals accessing the services. I have the impression it's rather common these days. I also tend to think Mary had Chlomid or similar to boost ovulation, but obviously, have no idea whatsoever! The result, however, is a cute set of twins.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 05:30:30 AM »

I recall very clearly the two of them at the Olympics in the early fall of 2008 telling all the world on camera that they were ready for more children.  Talk about TMI.  In March of 2009 the two were spotted walking hand in hand out of Mary's obstetrician's office.

Then.... nothing. Even a shift seen in the relationship.   Until we find out in the summer of 2010 that she is pregnant with twins.  Fred seemed clearly down throughout the fall of 2010.

I don't know if she had some assistance, but it is true that older women are more likely to have twins - my friend is an example.  Her doctor told her that as you get older your body released more eggs, hoping to finish up. 

On the other hand, I have noticed a slight uptick in the relationship of Mary and Fred - slight.  I don't watch them too much, so I might not be right.  All marriages go through ups and downs, so, in the words of Yogi Berra, "it ain't over till it's over." 

If Fred had a brain, he'd go have a little surgery to end the baby making once and for all.  It's a very minor procedure and recovery is quick, and well worth it. 
jusaca

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »

``The twins were conceived through Mary's selfishness. Poor little buggers. She is one cold hearted, selfish bitch!!''

You know, sometimes pregnancies are accidental.  And sometimes parents genuinely want more than the heir and the spare. In my opinion, neither of those scenarios necessarily makes Mary into  a ``cold-hearted selfish bitch.''

Twin pregnancy in a family that has never had twins is most unlikely. Much more likely that this was an assisted conception. There are NO twins in Mary's family.

Star for you, Hester.

There was a lot happening in the marriage in the year prior to the twins being conceived. It didn't look in good shape.  And if anyone doubts that these twins were not assisted reproduction, go back and have a look at the 2010 Grasten photoshoot.  The DRF were beside themselves.  The Dame looked as if he wanted to kill someone.  Jokke and Marie were putting on a formal smile.  Fred looked sullen, and Mary was prancing around nervously.

The DRF had just been told - it's written all over their faces.
Ellenmary

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 07:23:03 AM »

Same thing happened in my husband's father's family- no twins before or since & these were a boy & a girl.
Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 03:51:34 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-perfects-royal-wave.html
She may only be three years old, but Denmark's Princess Josephine is already learning the ways of the royal family.

The young daughter of Crown Princess Mary and Prince Frederik was seen practicing her wave as she joined her extended family at her grandfather Prince Consort Henrik's 80th birthday celebrations on Wednesday.

Sitting in her mother's arms, the toddler watched intently and she sought to mimic the Australian-born beauty's every move as the family gathered at their French palace Chateau De Cayx.

The young Princess, who looked angelic in a lightweight white dress and simple grey sandals, was joined by her twin brother Prince Vincent and older siblings Prince Christian, eight, and Princess Isabella, seven at the event.

Angel

perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »

She may only be three years old, but Denmark's Princess Josephine is already learning the ways of the royal family.

The young daughter of Crown Princess Mary and Prince Frederik was seen practicing her wave as she joined her extended family at her grandfather Prince Consort Henrik's 80th birthday celebrations on Wednesday.

Sitting in her mother's arms, the toddler watched intently and she sought to mimic the Australian-born beauty's every move as the family gathered at their French palace Chateau De Cayx.

The young Princess, who looked angelic in a lightweight white dress and simple grey sandals, was joined by her twin brother Prince Vincent and older siblings Prince Christian, eight, and Princess Isabella, seven at the event.

Angel

Crown Princess Mary but only Prince Frederik, the "Australian-born beauty", and all in an article featuring Mary in the title.  Henrik, whose birthday it was, doesn't feature until the 13th photo.

Think it's obvious who paid for the article...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »

Angel

Oh, dear lord.  No.  No. NO!!!!!  Poor little girl.  Nerves Nerves Nerves Nerves Nerves Nerves Nerves
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »

Please, can't anyone save those children!?

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 05:14:14 AM »

Thanks, Crawler.  Star

It's a pity that DM didn't make birthday boy, Henrik, the focus of the article.  Cry

I agree that the photo shoot did show the twins (and their young cousins) to be very cute.
Funny to see Josephine doing exactly the same 'chicken wings' movement with her arms as her mother did during the same event.   Laugh bounce
I think that Josephine is quite like Mary but maybe also has inherited the mouth breathing from her very distant cousin, Beatrice.
Vincent is cute and also very handsome - does he have Mary's mother's hair colour?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 04:41:00 AM »

Mary of Denmark
Josephine is a small whining-princess!

She can get really angry and is very attached to her mother Mary. Nevertheless - or perhaps because of it - we find mini princess Josephine very sweet. We show the funniest pictures of the little pouty-Dane!

Super angry and super sweet! Josephine of Denmark (3) shows how it's done. The youngest daughter of Crown Princess Mary (42) likes to pull a pout - and looks like a little cuddly girl while doing it. When she and her family recently visited the Legoland theme park in Billund, there she was again screeching.

Twin brother Vincent was sitting in a red fire truck, Mary stood by with Josephine in her arms. It is not clear to the viewer what exactly the problem was, but suddenly, the Twins began to bawl. As with most young children, first it had to be "Big Drama".

Especially Josephine loves the big show already. In photos, she is often grimacing, pouting or making jokes. At the same time it is obvious: She is much more clingy than her brother Vincent. While he is romping around, Mary carries the the other little twin on the arm. Josephine needs all her love. In the end, she is also just a normal 3-year-old girl.

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 05:35:42 AM »

Poor girl. The Donaldson genes are strong in her.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: