Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frederick and Mary-14 May 2004 in Copenhagen  (Read 24339 times)
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Topaz for November

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »

Never realized  what a bridal dress Elena wore underneath her coat. I imagine she took off the coat during the celebrations, do we have a picture of her from inside without the overcoat?

Only one picture picture, not a very good quality  Blush and the whole outfit was from Christian Lacroix

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »

It looks pinkish (is that a word?  Grin )

dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »

that's a weird dress to come to a wedding in…. to much like bride
not appropriate in my eyes.
looked better then Mary though..
dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:57 PM »

I don't now why l don't like Mary's gown, but the more l see it the more l hate it,
& for some reason her hair & tiara remained me of the evil royal stepmother from the old fairytales,,,

The wide neckline, the veil and the severe hair remind me of a milkmaid.
poor Mary even as a bride she can't steal the show..
still, she made more of an effort then Kate.

Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 01:49:58 AM »

Never realized  what a bridal dress Elena wore underneath her coat. I imagine she took off the coat during the celebrations, do we have a picture of her from inside without the overcoat?

Only one picture picture, not a very good quality  Blush and the whole outfit was from Christian Lacroix

That is one horrible dress, and made for someone 30 years younger than her! Sorry, Elena!
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 01:52:28 AM »

But isn't it sweet to see Fred young and fresh again! - No, I'm not a fan of his, but he looked so incredibly fresh then. And now, only 9 years on, he looks like a train hit him. It's not good!
dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 01:55:37 AM »

Letizia was the best dressed there for me.
she & Felipe had more of a lovers glow then the two at altar tha's for sure.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 02:05:46 AM »

You're welcome  Beer I'll keep posting tomorrow.

The dress was terrible, between the veil and the multiple pleats and underskirts from the waist down it was a mess. Add the unexplainable grass growing from her bouquet, the worst veil, hair, tiara and earrings combo in the world and we have one underwhelming bride. Is it true that the designer criticised Letizia's red gown in an interview afterwards? (I think I've seen the story here) What a sore looser, and what a horrible designer  Tongue

Yes, the Danish designer criticized Letizia's gown as not like a princess and more Hollywood IIRC. Ha! His design looks something Cinderella would wear, before she became a princess. 
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 02:08:54 AM »

I loved Mary's flowers.    And the colours pink to red in the decor of the church.
Her dress was not my favourite Royal wedding gown but I didn't mind her attendants' sleeker look.

On reviewing the shots after such a time, I am struck by how gorgeous Margrethe's outfit was - particularly her jewellery.  
Letizia certainly had the Wow! factor of the day but I thought that Mette-Marit's blue really suited her and I loved the Aunts, Anne Marie and Benedikte.  Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up

It was great seeing again what the guests were wearing and, indeed, who the guests were.
Thank you, Clara.  Star

Caroline (looking lovely) and Ernst were there.  Shocked
Madeleine was more than orange for the special occasion.  Yikes  Perfect dress though. Champagne
The men appeared extra cheerful on the day - celebratory Henrik!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:17:26 AM by Cloaked » Logged
dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 02:11:33 AM »

You're welcome  Beer I'll keep posting tomorrow.

The dress was terrible, between the veil and the multiple pleats and underskirts from the waist down it was a mess. Add the unexplainable grass growing from her bouquet, the worst veil, hair, tiara and earrings combo in the world and we have one underwhelming bride. Is it true that the designer criticised Letizia's red gown in an interview afterwards? (I think I've seen the story here) What a sore looser, and what a horrible designer  Tongue

Yes, the Danish designer criticized Letizia's gown as not like a princess and more Hollywood IIRC. Ha! His design looks something Cinderella would wear, before she became a princess. 
ya.. Leti was the reason Mary failed to bring it on...

didn't they also try to say that Felipe was so in love with Mary that Lety dressed like that as a provocation?
just look at the photos for an answer to that ..

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 03:21:32 AM »

Elena's dress is awful.  I can't stand it when the Spanish princesses wear strapless with their orders and then tuck the order into the dress.  So awkward. 

Both Mary's gown and Alex's dress look like the amateurish attempts of a small town woman who enthusiastically tried to copy something from the latest Butterick pattern (for those outside of the US, please just know that this is NOT a compliment).  Such poorly made gowns.  Alex's looks childish and tacky, and Mary's gown was a complete failure.  It's so heavy, and weird.  The board in the back and the heavy layers that just don't work with those nearly-invisible lace panels underneath are bizarre.  The designer should be ashamed.  I've read that he was heavily influenced by what Mary wanted, but he should have known better than to take design advice from a Bogan.  It's one of the ugliest royal wedding gowns ever. 
dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 03:24:30 AM »

he still has a job?
l don't know who would trust him with her gown if he failed the CP..
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »

Susan Moody wore open toe shoes on that day? And with bright pink nail polish to boot. How classy  Sweating

I've just noticed that, too  
And so is Mary's SIL (her brother's wife).
This family never ceases to amaze me....

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »

not sure who needs to be blamed for this Mary Marge or the designer maybe all
Mary? for having no style/taste what so ever and like a fool listening to others I don't think she has anything to do with this she simply said yes cuase she doesn't no better
Marge? wonder how much she put in the whole look It is a version of her bridal look including the cat hair ball on top of Mary's head Marge was first

The designer? was he simply following Marge's rules? either way It's looks unfinished cheap and crafty not like the final Lux version It needs to be It's embarrassing

other than the horrible dress I think Mary looked so unattractive It really showed her broad shoulders and how unfeminine they are but the worst IMO is the sticking bones It's just so vile IMO add to that heavy make up and not a glowing bride to the mix
The dress was so wrong for her frame

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 02:35:11 PM »

Thanks Clara for the photos  Star

Some of the ladies had fantastic gowns; Sofia,  Bea,   Alex,  Margarethe, Alex, Bene and Anne-Marie, Letty, Farah and  Marie-Chantal Thumb up

I did'nt like MM, Elena, Christina, Elena, and  Slurpy's gowns Thumb down

Thanks again Clara  Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: