Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frederick and Mary-14 May 2004 in Copenhagen  (Read 22433 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »

Speking of Mary's tiara has it ever been stated that her wedding tiara is hers to keep.

Alex was given the A,exandrine Tiara when she married and it is now her possession. I've always thought that as a result of Alex's divorce (which the DRF knew all about before F&M's wedding day) it was decided Mary would not be given a family tiara and was given a tiara that was bought at auction. Subsequently Marie was loaned the Diamond Floral Tiara for use at official events, probably for the same reasons.

Fred owns the parure. The Midnight Tiara is Mary's? A loan when she wants it?

Anyway, is the dinky wedding tiara Mary's? Or like Marie is it loaned for her use, but in the event of a divorce would revert to the family vaults, unlike Alex's tiara? 

The midnight tiara is still owned by the jeweler who made it. Mary has exclusive rights to borrow.

Do we know what was paid for her wedding tiara?

I rememebr seeing the price on RB years ago but I couldn't tell you now. It wasn't particularly expensive IMRIC.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
HCA

Moderated
Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »

Next year is F&M's 10th wedding aniversary, and look what's being made to celebrate it  Laugh bounce

Explanation here http://www.themercury.com...ry-fnj64o6u-1226720519760

Well, Royal Doulton is getting desperate and tacky. They now manufacture in South-East Asia rather than England. I have all my Royal Doulton made in England, and now realise how valuable the collection is.

It's a hideous, sallow looking doll (no rosy bloom) that wouldn't look out of place in one of those $1 junk shops. Who in their right mind would pay $199 for it?  Crazy
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »

I don't mean to be rude, but honestly, who buys these stupid-arse figurines?  I think of old bogan women with crocheted doilies on the backs of their chairs.

I guess it's appropriate Roll Eyes
I agree. On the other hand having dozens of Zita candles to decorate your humble abode is a much classier option.   Shop now and we'll add a special All Saint's Day candle to your order.

Well, duh.  Of course Zita candles are classier.  They also serve a religious purpose, unlike this ridiculous figurine.

Oh...wait a minute!  The Church of Mary will probably send all 17 of their members out to buy these.  I guess there might also be a religious significance. Thinking

But still...they are tacky as hell.

There are more than 17 in my congregation Hug

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2013, 07:48:21 PM »

Speking of Mary's tiara has it ever been stated that her wedding tiara is hers to keep.

Alex was given the A,exandrine Tiara when she married and it is now her possession. I've always thought that as a result of Alex's divorce (which the DRF knew all about before F&M's wedding day) it was decided Mary would not be given a family tiara and was given a tiara that was bought at auction. Subsequently Marie was loaned the Diamond Floral Tiara for use at official events, probably for the same reasons.

Fred owns the parure. The Midnight Tiara is Mary's? A loan when she wants it?

Anyway, is the dinky wedding tiara Mary's? Or like Marie is it loaned for her use, but in the event of a divorce would revert to the family vaults, unlike Alex's tiara? 

The midnight tiara is still owned by the jeweler who made it. Mary has exclusive rights to borrow.

Do we know what was paid for her wedding tiara?
$1.99, from the discount bin
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »

That much?   Yikes
Not worth it ...   Tongue
dlisted

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »

Next year is F&M's 10th wedding aniversary, and look what's being made to celebrate it  Laugh bounce

Unbeleeeeevable. I'd love to know who commissioned this. Whistle
At least this dress fits a lot better than the real one Supercontent

My goodness! For once, the piles of heavey satin, that claimed to give way to exquisite parts of lace, look like they make an accual proper wedding dress. With the distracting outlining of her undergarments gone, I could just start liking it.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »

Next year is F&M's 10th wedding aniversary, and look what's being made to celebrate it  Laugh bounce

Unbeleeeeevable. I'd love to know who commissioned this. Whistle
At least this dress fits a lot better than the real one Supercontent

My goodness! For once, the piles of heavey satin, that claimed to give way to exquisite parts of lace, look like they make an accual proper wedding dress. With the distracting outlining of her undergarments gone, I could just start liking it.
Oh, absolutely. This "gown" fits the figurine far better than the actual dress fit Yrma Yes
dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »

That much?   Yikes
the other one she uses is also very ugly imo...
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2013, 12:38:40 PM »

That much?   Yikes

Well, it's more than Mosh is worth, though.

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2013, 05:45:40 PM »

Well, it's more than Mosh is worth, though.

You've got a point there, Judge.   
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: