Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vic & Dan news  (Read 928031 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2940 on: February 03, 2021, 06:24:04 PM »

I don't think it's very common for a monarch to abdicate for a younger generation.

That's such a cute picture, I love how down to earth it is.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2941 on: February 04, 2021, 07:25:33 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKtzAdAA4cB/

"Good luck Denmark, may the best team win!"

A short time ago, the Crown Princess and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark wished each other good luck in the World Men's Handball Championship. The Danish Crown Prince is photographed by Prince Christian.

This is the kind of Royal content I would like more of! Down to earth! Real life!

It is indeed a nice item! Well done to both of them!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2942 on: February 04, 2021, 07:28:29 AM »

I don't think it's very common for a monarch to abdicate for a younger generation.

In the Netherlands were are more used to this practice, but it only just started with Queen Wilhelmina (who abdicated in 1948 after having reigned for almost 58 years in favor of her only child Juliana).

Striking is, that in current years more royals followed this practice. Perhaps some because of direct and indirect pressure....but still.  To think of King Albert II of Belgium and King Juan Carlos of Spain.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2943 on: February 04, 2021, 11:52:54 AM »

Victoria and Daniel continued their digital meetings with representatives of various municipalities - Sunne, Ronneby, Torsås, Vännäs and Härjedalen - where they received an update on the local response to the COVID-19 pandemic

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2944 on: February 07, 2021, 06:04:32 PM »

Someone should set up their camera better - they should be more in the center - but well, it is great what they are doing.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2945 on: February 12, 2021, 02:10:41 PM »

The digital meetings with municipalities continue - this time Vaggeryd in southern Sweden

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2946 on: February 19, 2021, 01:19:36 PM »

Another meeting. This time with the mayor of Uppsala

minimoos

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2947 on: February 19, 2021, 04:57:33 PM »

I’m sure they, like all of us, are tired of video meetings. Someone upthread mentioned being tired of the posed photos, but I guess this is the same as releasing photos from events- it’s just that with the same/a similar background, the monotony of the photos is apparent more quickly. I’m just glad I’m not in a position where I have to be ‘on’ all the time- my camera stays off whenever possible!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2948 on: Yesterday at 07:22:17 PM »

Meetings with Munkfors and Kävlinge municipality

Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #2949 on: Yesterday at 07:26:31 PM »

In the Netherlands were are more used to this practice, but it only just started with Queen Wilhelmina (who abdicated in 1948 after having reigned for almost 58 years in favor of her only child Juliana).

Striking is, that in current years more royals followed this practice. Perhaps some because of direct and indirect pressure....but still.  To think of King Albert II of Belgium and King Juan Carlos of Spain.
Let's not forget they've done this in Luxemburg too.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2950 on: Yesterday at 09:17:22 PM »

I think it's smart for monarchs to retire while there is no scandal and just realize that life can be enjoyable without all the duties. People didn't used to live as long as they do since the second half of the 20th century. It also gives the monarch-in-training a chance for the job when s/he is young and energetic. I think QE2 not retiring and making Charles wait so long, while admirable in some ways, has maybe hindered the institution in a number of ways.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #2951 on: Yesterday at 09:59:31 PM »

I think it's smart for monarchs to retire while there is no scandal and just realize that life can be enjoyable without all the duties. People didn't used to live as long as they do since the second half of the 20th century. It also gives the monarch-in-training a chance for the job when s/he is young and energetic. I think QE2 not retiring and making Charles wait so long, while admirable in some ways, has maybe hindered the institution in a number of ways.

Star
I so agree!!   There's much to be said for a long-standing monarch as a figure of stability, respect and dedication, i.e., Elizabeth II. 

But it can also be argued that the younger gen need their chance while they are in good health and have the stamina for the work.   

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: