Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vic & Dan news  (Read 1122166 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 12:37:37 PM »

We don't really know how the relationship between the two sisters is. I always found it strange how Madde got engaged to Jonas so shortly after Viccan, like to show "I can keep up". On Madde's side, e.g. it was not a wise move either, she would always have looked downsized (smaller wedding, etc.). Maybe Viccan at times envies Madde for the life she has in New York - she gets to go to major events, but can fade into anonymity if she wanted to.

I felt part of her quick engagement was that Madeleine had had to wait for Victoria got engaged. Purely speculation but I've seen little proof that V and M don't have a fine relationship so I find it hard to believe that there was something sinister behind the engagement with Jonas from Madeleine's side (towards V at least. There might have been some desperation involved of another kind).
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »

I have to admit I get the feeling Vic and Dan are "hiding" from the media. Since Madeleine daughter was born I havenīt  seen them. We saw Silvia and CG in NY, CP gave interviews. And yesterday he was there to welcome the swedish athletes.  Why not Victoria with her "sportprince" Dan? And Ski holidays in Norway? With her foot? Thinking

Star I get the feeling as well. I think this could be to give Madde her share of the limelight that Viccan is stepping back on purpose.

We don't really know how the relationship between the two sisters is. I always found it strange how Madde got engaged to Jonas so shortly after Viccan, like to show "I can keep up". On Madde's side, e.g. it was not a wise move either, she would always have looked downsized (smaller wedding, etc.). Maybe Viccan at times envies Madde for the life she has in New York - she gets to go to major events, but can fade into anonymity if she wanted to.

Plus - there might be a personal side (I hope not). Estelle was born (if I am right) 18 months after the wedding. Viccan might be ttc again. Then it might be a meanie that the sister gets married and gets pregnant instantly.

I had exact the same thoughts Star Plus (wishful thinking): Vic is pregnant again and donīt want to steal Madeleines limelight. But, well, we saw her last week (I thought she could be pregnant) and will see her, I assume, tomorrow (konselj) and on Sunday (Te Deum). So I think that is not the answer. Sad

I felt part of her quick engagement was that Madeleine had had to wait for Victoria got engaged. Purely speculation but I've seen little proof that V and M don't have a fine relationship so I find it hard to believe that there was something sinister behind the engagement with Jonas from Madeleine's side (towards V at least. There might have been some desperation involved of another kind).

Iīm sure she didn't mean it like that. But I still think it was kind of reckless. I will never understand why she had to do that (and I remember how mad I was back then-I said to my mother: Iīm sure that couple will divorce very soon. Somehow I was right  Wink ). She knew how long Vic and Dan had to wait, She was 27 years back then. She could have wait one more year. It was the typical thing: I want to, I do it. (I think that engagement should rescue the relatonship-a stupid idea in the first place and, well, she paid the price Sad ) Madeleine was always younger, thinner, cuter, more beautiful, etc. blabla. So I think just once she should have been considerate. But I think she was simply used to it.

Now, I think, after Jonas (and Snakey!) the sisters seem very close. In the past that was different IMO: CP and Madeleine were very close, Vic had a different life.
But of course, I would understand if Vic would be jealous: Madeleine has a healthy husband who is very beloved by her parents, got pregnant immediately and can live the life she wants.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »

I would not see those "two" engagements in a short space as a problem if Madde and Viccan were "normal" sisters - but in this case it was clear that Viccan, because of her position would have gotten the bigger and more expensive wedding.

If things had gone ahead as planned, Madde would have opened herself and her wedding to comparsions. You know how tabloids write - who is the nicer bride, who gets pregnant first, who had the nicest sermon, celebration, guests. Madde would have lost a bit ... so I am not clear why she did it.

It was a bit ridiculous that she had to wait for Viccan, but in the end it was her profit. Imagine that story had exploded AFTER her wedding, but then I never really understood why she get engaged AFTER she knew of the cheating but broke up then because it became public. The other question is if there was a proof. They could have simply denied it or acknowledged "yes, we had a short rough path, but we are x years together and we are sure we are meant for each other". But that is another topic.
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »

I would not see those "two" engagements in a short space as a problem if Madde and Viccan were "normal" sisters - but in this case it was clear that Viccan, because of her position would have gotten the bigger and more expensive wedding.

If things had gone ahead as planned, Madde would have opened herself and her wedding to comparsions. You know how tabloids write - who is the nicer bride, who gets pregnant first, who had the nicest sermon, celebration, guests. Madde would have lost a bit ... so I am not clear why she did it.

It was a bit ridiculous that she had to wait for Viccan, but in the end it was her profit. Imagine that story had exploded AFTER her wedding, but then I never really understood why she get engaged AFTER she knew of the cheating but broke up then because it became public. The other question is if there was a proof. They could have simply denied it or acknowledged "yes, we had a short rough path, but we are x years together and we are sure we are meant for each other". But that is another topic.

miss marple,ITA.
madeleine had to wait for her dad to swallow his pride and let victoria wed daniel. then,after v+d were given the green light,she finally was able to get engaged too,but while she stayed true to her jonas, jonas got bored of all that waiting and looked for solace with the volleyball girl.
poor madeleine. i was so sorry for her,and although i think the sisters are very tender with each other, the day of V wedding our poor madde had a glance that could kill...
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »

Yes, but all is well that ends well. Both sisters are happy now. Madde definitely won the lottery by marrying Chris. He does love her, not her titles. It would have been a lot easier for him if she had just been a Miss Gustafsson from Sweden  Grin
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

Yes, but all is well that ends well. Both sisters are happy now. Madde definitely won the lottery by marrying Chris. He does love her, not her titles. It would have been a lot easier for him if she had just been a Miss Gustafsson from Sweden  Grin

Yes!  Champagne The only problem is the snake around CP neck ....  This won't end well.  It will give us a lot to dish about, though.  Halo
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2014, 05:24:33 PM »

P.S. This is Viccan's second skiing holiday within a short time span, isn't it? She hurt her foot in France and now she is in Norway?

And CP is running the show until her parents are back?

Interesting. Any Swedish opinions on that? I would have totally understood if everyone had been to NY or so, but like that?
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2014, 05:49:49 PM »

The last time CP were at the konselj too. So I expected Vic to be there tomorrow, but she is not mentioned on the homepage. Weird. Thinking
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2014, 06:46:45 PM »

I always wondered if it was Maddes attempt to have a low key wedding --> the focus would be on Viccan (obviously since she is to be queen one day), Maddes wedding would be less interesting, out-shined. And her troubles with Jonas probably made it more sensible that way as well. If something happened (divorce), there would be less interest from the public. Two weddings close together - one gets eclipsed, that's my thinking..... Thinking

Could be wrong!  Tongue 
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2014, 07:19:08 PM »

Interesting theory. But when Madde did get married, she choose a rather lavish big party. So I am not sure.
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »

Interesting theory. But when Madde did get married, she choose a rather lavish big party. So I am not sure.

I don't think she had those problems with Chris though (insecurities, trust issues), and she didn't think it would lead to a divorce. Jonas and Madde were a off and on couple. As far as I know Chris and Madde weren't. Maybe that's why? Thinking She def seemed more secure/confident and happy the second time around (with Chris).
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »

Victoria looked very bad at the konselj. Thinking
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2014, 03:38:05 PM »

Was there a bump perhaps.....? Spiteful
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »

Was there a bump perhaps.....? Spiteful

I really hope so, that would be awesome. Banana
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2014, 06:11:51 AM »

now that Princess Leonore is here, perhaps there won't be so much pressure on V&D to procreate a spare.
I mean, the next generation of Bernadottes is "safe" in the hands of these two little princesses (and, much as i loathe it, perhaps little snake princes and princesses too).

I know that there's perhaps the importance of keeping it in the main line (eldest child line), but for the sake of the argument let's just say it's a new age. plus, the heirs and kings are no longer allowed into battle anyway (in the old days, the King is in the front line, now, even the spare-spare (like Harry) can't be in the front line too long for safety reasons (his own and members of his team-- but this is argument for another day).

I think, it's not necessarily Victoria and Daniel who puts the pressure on themselves, they seem content with Estelle's presence, and cherish the little cherub.
perhaps the weight of historical expectation.
Plus, they might be receiving subtle "digs" from the people closest to them (why am I picturing that sleazebag CG doing this?), not necessarily to be vicious (intentionally), but they might be asking "so when's your next child? madde's popped out one already" <-- you know, much like the nosy extended family members during family meetings. My older sister has 5 (FIVE!!) and still whenever we have a big family meeting the old ladies (and some old men) would ask her when she's going to have her next. let's not even discuss what they' re telling me with my one.

But, Victoria has her own competitiveness, which can be quite ferocious at times. So yeah.

Please Vic and Dan, don't worry so much.

And I think it's okay just having one child (Estelle). less mouths for the taxpayers to feed.
It's not like the Swedish RF don't have a history of adopting. y'all did it once, y'all can do it again 's what i say.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: