Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vic & Dan news  (Read 777599 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2595 on: March 26, 2020, 03:31:49 AM »

I have read in several articles (both in French and English) that the Swedish government largely/totally relies on the Public Health Agency and takes the instructions from it.

And I'm not trying to excuse Vikkan and Dan but in most European countries where we can find a royal family, royals do what the government (which actually rules) tells them to do. It's only in Liechstentein and Monaco where the prince has real powers. And in Sweden, the government follows local health experts...

ETA : That said, I still don't get why Dan is out and mingling with people. For Vikkan... moral support is important. But IMO she needs to do that differently.

I hate seeing Daniel out. He's great and has young kids he needs to be there for... not worth getting sick. He should be staying home until this has passed, and Victoria should be isolating herself away from him if she feels she needs to be seen out and about.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #2596 on: March 26, 2020, 09:31:20 AM »

I could not believe my eyes when I saw that Vic & Dan are still out and around meeting people in person indoors and not keep distance from each other. Its like there's no problem with this virus in Sweden. But numbers tell something different: Sweden has confirmed 2526 cases, 62 died. 18 countries over the world have more infected people and deaths but this is a big number and should make people think. Covid-19 is now community infection. There is no knowing how many are really infected and may spread the virus around and around.

This meeting could have been done via Skype. They have another meeting scheduled today in Älvsjö. When they meet so many people how do they know that they aren't already infected and not spread it around? Haven't they heard about Albert of Monaco and Prince Charles? This virus won't choose or select you know! Hand washing isn't enough protection against this virus.

If the government still do not realize the seriousness of the situation, the danger we put vulnerable people in and then the burden we put on hospitals, then at least royals could show good example at social distancing and working from home. Now they send opposite message - its okay, safe to meet people in person, no need to keep distance. The court showed photos that its possible to work from home and held virtual meetings. What changed now? Is the situation suddenly back to normal? And Daniel tag along like he has no health issues  Nerves   It was very sad, irresponsible and lousy example to expose a person from a risk group. Some a** boss may now ask - if Daniel show up in person, then why another risk group person should stay at home? Very dissapointed in Vic and Dan  Sad

LenaT

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2597 on: March 26, 2020, 12:46:35 PM »

If the government still do not realize the seriousness of the situation, the danger we put vulnerable people in and then the burden we put on hospitals, then at least royals could show good example at social distancing and working from home. Now they send opposite message - its okay, safe to meet people in person, no need to keep distance. The court showed photos that its possible to work from home and held virtual meetings. What changed now? Is the situation suddenly back to normal? And Daniel tag along like he has no health issues  Nerves   It was very sad, irresponsible and lousy example to expose a person from a risk group. Some a** boss may now ask - if Daniel show up in person, then why another risk group person should stay at home? Very dissapointed in Vic and Dan  Sad

But the members of any Royal Family cannot go against the government of their country, the government is the one who makes the decisions, we saw it already in three countries, in Spain King Felipe could not go out to speak until his government reached an agreement of how they were going to do things, the country had already been in "State of Alarm" for days and he could not speak because it was not his decision, and for those of us who know his speeches, we could see that when he spoke he was repeating the words of the government in previous days. And today he is visiting IFEMA, the place where a hospital for coronavirus patients was built, today King Philip is visiting a hospital for coronavirus patients... it's crazy!

In the UK we saw how the Royal Family continued with their activities normally until their government decided to take action, then they communicated that they were suspending everything and that the Queen was moving to Windsor.

Now in Sweden we see how their government continues to maintain a certain normality in daily life, the restaurants, pubs... are open, the children continue to attend their schools every day, this means that we are going to see the Royal Family until the Swedish government says that everybody stays at home, just like it happened in the UK.

All last week they had meetings from home, by video calls or by phone, but just this Tuesday there was a meeting between the King, the Queen, Victoria, Daniel and the court staff to plan upcoming activities and programs, I don't think it is a coincidence that these activities scheduled for Tuesday coincide with their government's statements that they are not taking any more serious measures at the moment.

P.S.: I completely agree that it is irresponsible to leave, especially Daniel, I am from Spain and I can see on the front line the damage that the coronavirus does if adequate measures are not taken, but I cannot blame the members of the royalty for the inability of their governments to take those measures.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2598 on: March 26, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »

Today they visited a field hospital set up for corona patients in Älvsjö in southern Stockholm

chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2599 on: March 26, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »

Vic and Dan don't wear a facial mask or gloves...
Not very safe...
Leti and Filipe also visited a field hospital and they were wearing those items...
Just an observation...
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2600 on: March 26, 2020, 01:41:58 PM »

Today they visited a field hospital set up for corona patients in Älvsjö in southern Stockholm

Two metre rule! Two metre rule!

#stayhomesavelives
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2601 on: March 26, 2020, 01:42:40 PM »

I don't know  much about the incidence in Sweden,but here masks are necessary. Being no expert and  receiving too much info and counter-info, I guess they didn't need them.
KeepingUpApp...

Baby Member

Slovenia Slovenia

Ignore
« Reply #2602 on: March 26, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »

Not very safe...
Leti and Filipe also visited a field hospital and they were wearing those items...
Just an observation...

Sweden is taking different approach actually. They don't limit any social interactions, everything is still working as normal though they have closed their borders.
So not wearing masks or not keeping the distance between people is normal there at the moment.

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2603 on: March 26, 2020, 05:27:48 PM »

In norway we are not encourraged to wear facemasks, we should save them for the hospitalworkers and health personel as they are in demens. Also they say that many people who wear facemasks and are not used to it touch their mask and face much more than usual and then it almost worse to wear it than not.

I dont understand for minutt why royals are out and about now, with or without facemasks, they are not critical in an my way right now, more in the way like this show...
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2604 on: March 26, 2020, 05:36:40 PM »

Not very safe...
Just an observation...

Sweden is taking different approach actually. They don't limit any social interactions, everything is still working as normal though they have closed their borders.
So not wearing masks or not keeping the distance between people is normal there at the moment.
\

Seems the Swedish government are trying to take the same action the UK government here did initially. Until the cases become to high that is then a change will no doubt be needed...
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2605 on: March 26, 2020, 05:41:02 PM »

This is very risky behavior in my opinion. They can be supportive virtually and digitally but this is not leadership on their part this is following along and pretending that horrible situations in other countries can't happen to yours so silly and dangerous.
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2606 on: March 26, 2020, 05:47:09 PM »

Seems very odd to visit a special facility set up to deal with coronavirus patients without taking any precautions what so ever.  Vic could easily have gotten away with wearing smart leather gloves or something, not ideal but better than nothing. Just seems odd but maybe not so to Swedish people if the advise isn't to stop every day activities as it is in most countries.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #2607 on: March 26, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »

But the members of any Royal Family cannot go against the government of their country, the government is the one who makes the decisions, we saw it already in three countries, in Spain King Felipe could not go out to speak until his government reached an agreement of how they were going to do things, the country had already been in "State of Alarm" for days and he could not speak because it was not his decision, and for those of us who know his speeches, we could see that when he spoke he was repeating the words of the government in previous days. And today he is visiting IFEMA, the place where a hospital for coronavirus patients was built, today King Philip is visiting a hospital for coronavirus patients... it's crazy!

In the UK we saw how the Royal Family continued with their activities normally until their government decided to take action, then they communicated that they were suspending everything and that the Queen was moving to Windsor.

Now in Sweden we see how their government continues to maintain a certain normality in daily life, the restaurants, pubs... are open, the children continue to attend their schools every day, this means that we are going to see the Royal Family until the Swedish government says that everybody stays at home, just like it happened in the UK.

All last week they had meetings from home, by video calls or by phone, but just this Tuesday there was a meeting between the King, the Queen, Victoria, Daniel and the court staff to plan upcoming activities and programs, I don't think it is a coincidence that these activities scheduled for Tuesday coincide with their government's statements that they are not taking any more serious measures at the moment.

P.S.: I completely agree that it is irresponsible to leave, especially Daniel, I am from Spain and I can see on the front line the damage that the coronavirus does if adequate measures are not taken, but I cannot blame the members of the royalty for the inability of their governments to take those measures.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The royal family are really just puppets to be moved around by the government decisions? I thought the King decided largely who and how much SRF members work. If Victoria wanted to attend the meetings, why add Daniel? There's no certain knowing who may carry the virus... The premises were probably cleared throughly before the royals visit but still Daniel with his medical history...why take chances?

In our country less than 30 days ago when 1st infected was discovered, we were assured that its very small possibility for it to spread locally. Now we have 500+ confirmed cases (1.3m population). I sincerely hope that the spring and warmer sunnier weather will kill the coronavirus outbreak. It has gone on too long already and we are already hit worse than China was.
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2608 on: March 26, 2020, 08:14:12 PM »

Not very safe...
Just an observation...

Oh, i'm so upset with these two! I know they have to follow government rules, BUT for goodness sake, DAN take care of you first! Your family needs you.

Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2609 on: March 26, 2020, 10:25:57 PM »

Seems there's been a change of heart
https://www.dailymail.co....s-restriction-U-turn.html

Sweden considers cutting off Stockholm in dramatic coronavirus restriction U-turn after deaths soar by 60% in a day with the capital hardest hit

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: