Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 236   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vic & Dan news  (Read 1248264 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3300 on: January 13, 2022, 06:02:29 PM »

Nice strawman Smiley
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3301 on: January 13, 2022, 06:08:19 PM »

Stoppapressarna mentions this clip were some people think Daniel was rude.

THE LINK: https://imgur.com/gallery/SlRyuhw

Translation:

Daniel also says to Oscar- a lot of focus on mommy before Oscar says mama mama.

Oscar: Mama,mama mama

Daniel says to Oscar- this maybe will air on tv when you are saying mama and singing.

Estelle- starts saying papa papa papa

Daniel says to Estelle- did you feel sorry for me?

Estelle replies - yes

Daniel replies- Dad is used being nr.2.

Estelle replies- Stackare( like poor you)

Look at Victoriaís body language in this clip.

Danielís answers are bit strange and for me he comes off ď a bit jealousĒ in the clip.

What do you others think?

Forgot to mention that also Daniel says when the clip startsĒ a lot of focus on momĒ to Oscar.

Imo you can interpret bad things in everything.

Oscar and Estelle certainly spend a fair amount of time with Daniel. Probably more than with their mother.

Of course that shows and doesn't have to worry anyone.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3302 on: January 13, 2022, 06:21:13 PM »

Oscar seems a bit bored. Victoriaís reaction to him looks a bit annoyed to me.

Oscar, Daniel and Estelle seem very comfortable with each other, especially Daniel and Estelle. I think perhaps Daniel feels Oscar is acting out a bit and tries to remind him gently - the handshaking and teasing him a bit. Estelle picks up on it.

Victoria does look annoyed but if itís with Oscar, Daniel, the dog or the situation is hard to say IMO.

If thereís frequently conflicts between V&D I donít think it shows in the children.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3303 on: January 14, 2022, 01:01:52 AM »

It is telling in so much as Daniel has always been portrayed as not being bothered by Victoria's status so its jarring to see him comment in that way. That said, I can think of a number of other consorts who would possibly have said the same - Philip and Henrik being two as mentioned previously - they both had loving long marriages so I don't think we can say "this is the end" just from this but it does show another side to Daniel. Part of me hopes its very tongue in cheek but Victoria's reaction - or at the very least her lack of reaction e.g. a playful punch to arm and "hey stop it" or something similar says a lot to me - it suggests there is tension there.  
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3304 on: January 14, 2022, 01:54:20 AM »

Perhaps she was in a bad mood already over something else and so his joke (which she would normally laugh at) fell flat? I know my boyfriend can tease me about something and Iíll laugh but if Iím having a bad day and he does it, it just upsets me further.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3305 on: January 14, 2022, 02:13:03 AM »

It is telling in so much as Daniel has always been portrayed as not being bothered by Victoria's status so its jarring to see him comment in that way. That said, I can think of a number of other consorts who would possibly have said the same - Philip and Henrik being two as mentioned previously - they both had loving long marriages so I don't think we can say "this is the end" just from this but it does show another side to Daniel. Part of me hopes its very tongue in cheek but Victoria's reaction - or at the very least her lack of reaction e.g. a playful punch to arm and "hey stop it" or something similar says a lot to me - it suggests there is tension there.  

I see tension and a lot of frustration like it's not the first time she's heard it and she's really, really done with it. 

I don't know, Dan has gone down in my estimation recently. It started with his enthusiastic approval of Ssssofia and over-enjoyment of her company (I'm thinking of the concert they went to as one example). Then I started sensing Vikkan wasn't happy as she usually is and the chemistry between them was off.  I'm getting the feeling he's not all that pleasant to be around at times and has a bit of an 'I don't give a flip' attitude, which someone as duty bound as Victoria would have a hard time dealing with.
Isabel

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3306 on: January 14, 2022, 05:42:10 AM »

Monarchies are no more relevant today than the patriarchy Champagne

Seriously. Thereís nothing fair or reasonable or democratic or equal about the HOS being born heir to that position. Everything about is deeply archaic. Very few royals - if anyone? - arenít in the very nature of their existence supporting conservative values.

So yeah. Itís understandable that it can be a somewhat strange position to be in for a man, even if itís sexist and old-fashioned. By all accounts Daniel was a successful self-made business man. He had to give that up and live always in an unequal position simply because of his sex. He wonít be King Daniel. Had Daniella married Victor, she had become Queen Daniella. Itís possible it bugs him from time to time. I actually think many men would be bothered by a non-equal relationship. Itís not a fantasy they are raised to strive for after all..

Monarchies are the opposite to democracy, there is no democracy when a Head of State inherits the position.

I think parliamentary monarchies have a place in our societies....if they change with society.  Monarchies can't sustain their position in the XXI century if they can't offer INTEGRITY and imparciality for the huge amount of privileges they receive.  We've had scandals in every monarchy in Europe for the past 10 years.  (I'm leaving non European ones as what's happening in Japan and in the ME is beyond comprehension)

From money in offshore accounts, sex scandals, going on holidays to another country when your own is in lockdown, abusing staff, racism suspicions, affairs, mistresses, children born out of wedlock.... ALL of them are in trouble for the same reason - lack of integrity and too much entitlement of being above everyone else.  They need to SERIOUSLY change.

To go back to Daniel's and Vic's video - Daniel is a self made man but it doesn't mean he's not as controlling as Joe Block.  This video is awful and one of the reasons is because he's making these comments to his CHILDREN.  Estelle and Oscar are not adults, they are influenced by their parents and if this is an example of what Daniel is doing in private, it's no wonder Vic is pissed off.  He's emotionally grooming them to be on the side of "poor no.2 papa"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 06:15:42 AM by Isabel » Logged
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3307 on: January 14, 2022, 07:56:20 PM »

To me it looked like she had already looked away/been attracted by something to her right before the remark about being "number two" was made.
I don't think there were any "undercurrents".

Thatís how I see it, too. And Oscar is taking the mickey out of Daniel and it works. Look how Oscar is shacking Danielís hand while chanting ďmamaĒ with all his might. I donít see it as being anything worth mentioning.

Me three. If she was annoyed I think it had to do with Oscar.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3308 on: January 14, 2022, 08:58:01 PM »

Who filmed that? I think the situation is tense, you have a small, attention seeking kid, someone filming the interaction and your husband being smart. What do you do? If she had hissed back, it would have made big headlines. Honestly I would not interpret too much into that ... they might have had a really bad day.

And basically Dan was right - plus he has inlaws that shove that into his face - remember the nobels where Daniel had to sit behind his wife. This was the 21st century. He had to wait for a decade - and then comes Sofia and is glorified. He was a small business owner but still they behaved as he was worse off than Sofia before he married into the family.

He was not right in the way he behaved. But I am sure the kids was unnerving.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3309 on: January 14, 2022, 09:19:03 PM »

Who filmed that? I think the situation is tense, you have a small, attention seeking kid, someone filming the interaction and your husband being smart. What do you do? If she had hissed back, it would have made big headlines. Honestly I would not interpret too much into that ... they might have had a really bad day.

And basically Dan was right - plus he has inlaws that shove that into his face - remember the nobels where Daniel had to sit behind his wife. This was the 21st century. He had to wait for a decade - and then comes Sofia and is glorified. He was a small business owner but still they behaved as he was worse off than Sofia before he married into the family.

He was not right in the way he behaved. But I am sure the kids was unnerving.

If I'm right this film was a part of "Ňret med kungafamiljen 2021".
RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #3310 on: January 14, 2022, 10:49:22 PM »

If there was a problem with how it might be conceived would they even have allowed it to be published?
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3311 on: January 14, 2022, 11:46:55 PM »

I think this clip, as all clips for the programme, would be reviewed before included as part of the programme. If this clip did show the cracks, I doubt Vic, Dan, the SRF or the editing team would have included it in the programme.

I'm thinking of how much Silvia strained to depict that "perfect family life" when we all know there were major issues. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but I can't see a snippet exposing such a crack in the marriage being allowed to remain in the final edit of the programme.

Imo (admittedly wishful opinion) I think Vic is annoyed at Oscar. Even I am just watching the clip, but I admit I don't have kids and am not the most patient of people. Estelle never acted out like this at that age and maybe Vic is having a hard time reconciling that Oscar may not be as well-behaved publicly as his sister. With cameras in front of them it's not really a time for Vic or Dan to reprimand Oscar for being irritating.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3312 on: January 27, 2022, 05:06:09 PM »

Victoria and Daniel attended the presentation of scholarships from Micael Bindefeld Foundation in memory of the Holocaust

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3313 on: January 27, 2022, 05:32:11 PM »

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3314 on: January 27, 2022, 05:53:17 PM »

I hate that he wears a ring on his index finger
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 236   Go Up
  Print