Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Wedding Cuisine  (Read 25556 times)
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2009, 04:34:21 AM »

F&L wedding cake is like a stack of chopping boards.
mattie

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »

I couldn't think of a more apt description! Thumb up

Marie Chantals looks like a stack of loo rolls.
I love King Letsie III of Lesotho's cake. How can you beat cakes made in the shape of animals??
dutchess

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

you got to be kidding me! WTF

Was that really their cake?? Looks a bit tacky.

Well ugly looking cakes or no ugly looking cakes, reading this thread has made me damn hungry!! Crap

Well, then eat your cake dear....
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »

Joachim and Marie of Denmark
(apologies if it's already been posted)

The Wedding Banquet at Schackenborg Castle
The Wedding of His Royal Highness Prince Joachim and Miss Marie Cavallier on 24 May 2008

MENU

FJORD SHRIMPS AND WADDEN SEA OYSTERS
White asparagus
Herbs
Smoked cheese

TURBOT WITH SCALLOPS
Sauce with caviar & tarragon

BEEF TENDERLOIN FROM SCHACKENBORG
WITH SUMMER TRUFFLES

WHITE AND DARK CHOCOLATE CREAM
WITH RED AND GREEN STRAWBERRIES

LA CIGARALLE DU PRINCE 2005

CHATEAU DE CAYX, CAHORS 1999

DOMAINE CAUHAPE 2004
JURANCON

http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=17260

WEDDING CAKE

The wedding cake is octagonal and consists of eight tiers. On the lowest tier of the cake, the monogram of the bride and bridegroom is presented, surrounded by pulled sugar bows in Danish and French colours. The cake is, furthermore, decorated with fine small crowns in marzipan, French lilies, the monogram of the bride and bridegroom as well as decorations in blown sugar with little birds.

The sides of the wedding cake are decorated with flowers made in pulled sugar and caramel. The delicate colours match the bridal bouquet and the floral decoration.

The wedding cake consists of a bottom layer of white Sacher biscuit with a layer of dark Grenade chocolate with Tahiti vanilla. On top of that, a layer of roast hazelnut, covered by a layer of citrus cream with orange, and sprinkled with Grand Marnier. Finally a pistachio layer. The coating of the cake is a fine layer of marzipan with decoration.

The wedding cake has been produced by Confectioner Daniel Kruuse from Søllerød Kro, Confectioner Peter Finne from Farum konditori and Chief Confectioner Gert Sørensen, all of them representatives of the National Culinary Team of Denmark.

http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=17261
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »

I think the best wedding cake would be
King Edward VII and Princess Alexandra of Great Britain
http://www.clarasdesigner...ii_princess_alexandra.jpg (is that even a cake?)
and
Princess Elizabeth and Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten
http://www.clarasdesigner...009/05/1947-elizabeth.jpg

And the ugliest is
Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima Zorreguieta
http://www.clarasdesigner...andwillemalexander5lw.jpg
I guess most of their wedding money is spent on that fugly Valentino dress.

With regards to M&F's, it looks OK as a wedding cake but I wonder what is so exquisite about that it took 8 chefs to create Confused
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »

Joachim and Marie of Denmark
(apologies if it's already been posted)

The Wedding Banquet at Schackenborg Castle
The Wedding of His Royal Highness Prince Joachim and Miss Marie Cavallier on 24 May 2008

MENU

FJORD SHRIMPS AND WADDEN SEA OYSTERS
White asparagus
Herbs
Smoked cheese

TURBOT WITH SCALLOPS
Sauce with caviar & tarragon

BEEF TENDERLOIN FROM SCHACKENBORG
WITH SUMMER TRUFFLES

WHITE AND DARK CHOCOLATE CREAM
WITH RED AND GREEN STRAWBERRIES

LA CIGARALLE DU PRINCE 2005

CHATEAU DE CAYX, CAHORS 1999

DOMAINE CAUHAPE 2004
JURANCON

http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=17260

WEDDING CAKE

The wedding cake is octagonal and consists of eight tiers. On the lowest tier of the cake, the monogram of the bride and bridegroom is presented, surrounded by pulled sugar bows in Danish and French colours. The cake is, furthermore, decorated with fine small crowns in marzipan, French lilies, the monogram of the bride and bridegroom as well as decorations in blown sugar with little birds.

The sides of the wedding cake are decorated with flowers made in pulled sugar and caramel. The delicate colours match the bridal bouquet and the floral decoration.

The wedding cake consists of a bottom layer of white Sacher biscuit with a layer of dark Grenade chocolate with Tahiti vanilla. On top of that, a layer of roast hazelnut, covered by a layer of citrus cream with orange, and sprinkled with Grand Marnier. Finally a pistachio layer. The coating of the cake is a fine layer of marzipan with decoration.

The wedding cake has been produced by Confectioner Daniel Kruuse from Søllerød Kro, Confectioner Peter Finne from Farum konditori and Chief Confectioner Gert Sørensen, all of them representatives of the National Culinary Team of Denmark.

http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=17261

Does anyone have any picvtures of this wedding cake.....Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »

I coundn't agree more. Its such a dull cake. I bet it didn't take long for the pastry chef to bake that cake
winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2010, 12:45:34 PM »

At cotilleando found a new pic of their cake, but forget the cake!!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MARY'S LEFT HAND! Blink

And I read a not known detail of MAX and WA wedding cake!!! The ribbons comming out of the cake are an argentinian tradition!!! Roll Eyes
Apparently each ribbon has an amulet attached at the end inside the cake, each ribbon is pulled by a single lady at the reception, the one who pulls the ring is the next to get marry!!
According to the poster (not to my surprise) Max best friend Samantha Dean (single at the moment) was the "lucky one" to pulled the ring, she married WA friend the next year   Crazy
I wonder how much dutch tradition played part at the wedding of MAX AND WA, looks none   Whistle When I first saw the pic in 2002, I thought that the ribbons where an extrange decoration!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:58:43 PM by winx » Logged

dutchess

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »

I actually think F and M's cake is quite nice. WAX and MAX's one is a bit on the small side for a CP couple imo. (Mine was about the same size and me and DH are "just middleclass commoners..."
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »

Didn't we have a thread with all the cakes on it?
I don't like WaxMax cake, it is boring, the ribbons and the traditions are somewhat nice, but the boring trim of their monogram is not cutting it.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 04:24:38 PM »

At cotilleando found a new pic of their cake, but forget the cake!!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MARY'S LEFT HAND! Blink

And I read a not known detail of MAX and WA wedding cake!!! The ribbons comming out of the cake are an argentinian tradition!!! Roll Eyes
Apparently each ribbon has an amulet attached at the end inside the cake, each ribbon is pulled by a single lady at the reception, the one who pulls the ring is the next to get marry!!
According to the poster (not to my surprise) Max best friend Samantha Dean (single at the moment) was the "lucky one" to pulled the ring, she married WA friend the next year   Crazy
I wonder how much dutch tradition played part at the wedding of MAX AND WA, looks none   Whistle When I first saw the pic in 2002, I thought that the ribbons where an extrange decoration!

That sword that W-A is holding must not have a blade....look how his fingers are holding it.......................glad it wasn't sharp
Gwen

Large Member

IBM-Ideal Breeding Material

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2010, 06:41:11 PM »

I have always heard that ribbons and charms in a wedding cake is a Victorian tradition.

Ed. to Add: Look at Mary's wedding cake topper! How in the world did she allow them to put that up? It looks like a muppet...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:48:10 PM by Gwen » Logged
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »

I just saw a picture of Juan Carlos and Sofía's wedding cake. It was very... regal?

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »

regal but edible Huh?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: