Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: number of working/funded royals by country  (Read 1404 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2019, 04:01:47 AM »

So I had this thought just pop into my head that it would be interesting to compare how many working royals there are in each country and whether they're funded FT (and how) or just Per Diem/Event.  Plus what countrie have concrete plans, not just rumors or theories, for the next generation in terms of who will or won't be a working or funded royal.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 08:37:29 AM »

Denmark:

The Queen
Crown Prince Frederik
Crown Princess Mary (10% of Fred's apanage)
Prince Joachim
Princess Marie (I think Joachim pays her. It is not specified that she has to get a cartain amount of his apanage like it does with Mary)
Princess Benedikte

Joachim's ex wife Countess Alexandra (She will receive no more money from July 2020 when her youngest son turns 18. This has been her own choice)

Count Ingolf, who is the Queen's cousin, also receives apanage from the state to compensate that he never became king. In 1953, it was decided Margrethe was to follow her father on the throne insted of Ingolf.

In the future, only Prince Christian will receive money from the state. Not his siblings.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 08:45:15 AM by Lille » Logged
Florine

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:07:54 AM »

the Netherlands

- King Willem-Alexander: €949,000 per annum*
- Queen Maxima: €377,000
- Princess Beatrix: €537,000

* These are only their personal allowances. The king also receives money for the upkeep of palaces, staffing, security etc. This is paid for by various state departments and therefore not very transparent, to say the least. The government budget states that the total costs for the royal house will be €44,4 million for 2020.
* Princess Catharina-Amalia (as heir to the throne) is due to receive a yearly allowance of €275,000 from when she turns 18 on 7 December 2021.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:38:47 AM by Florine » Logged
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 06:09:42 AM »

Denmark:

The Queen
Crown Prince Frederik
Crown Princess Mary (10% of Fred's apanage)
Prince Joachim
Princess Marie (I think Joachim pays her. It is not specified that she has to get a cartain amount of his apanage like it does with Mary)
Princess Benedikte

Joachim's ex wife Countess Alexandra (She will receive no more money from July 2020 when her youngest son turns 18. This has been her own choice)

Count Ingolf, who is the Queen's cousin, also receives apanage from the state to compensate that he never became king. In 1953, it was decided Margrethe was to follow her father on the throne insted of Ingolf.

In the future, only Prince Christian will receive money from the state. Not his siblings.

really?  Yikes
Does he has a public role?
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 10:13:13 AM »

Sweden:

King Carl Gustav
Queen Silvia

From that generation to some extend:
Princess Brigitta
(Princess Margaretha)
(Princess Desiree)
(Princess Christina)
Marianne Bernadotte

Crown Princess Victoria
Prince Daniel
Princess Estelle 
Prince Oscar

Prince Carl Philip
Princess Snakey Sofia
(Alexander)
(Gabriel)

Princess Madeleine
(Leonore)
(Nicolas)
(Adienne)       

MoMo

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »

the Netherlands

* These are only their personal allowances. The king also receives money for the upkeep of palaces, staffing, security etc. This is paid for by various state departments and therefore not very transparent, to say the least. The government budget states that the total costs for the royal house will be €44,4 million for 2020.
* Princess Catharina-Amalia (as heir to the throne) is due to receive a yearly allowance of €275,000 from when she turns 18 on 7 December 2021.

I enjoy following royalty as much as anyone, but put in black and white like this, my American side pops up and sees this as an injustice to every citizen not born into the royal family.  Just because one wins the lottery on parents, one receives from the citizens of their country a large amount of money upon turning 18. Crazy. Maybe I’m less a Royalist than I thought.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 01:10:11 PM »

the Netherlands

I enjoy following royalty as much as anyone, but put in black and white like this, my American side pops up and sees this as an injustice to every citizen not born into the royal family.  Just because one wins the lottery on parents, one receives from the citizens of their country a large amount of money upon turning 18. Crazy. Maybe I’m less a Royalist than I thought.

I can understand the older generations who were expected to do the day to day stuff and through possible conflicts of interest not able to work independently... but these people would be dying out now. No excuse for younger generations .... I'm not so ok with celebrity royals such as many current Kings etc being on the huge payroll... fine for palaces etc that are owned by the State to be maintained but it seems some are on the take... I'd put WA in that perspective... loads of family money and he and family get a huge amount of funds directly and even more through the back door. The Lux and the Lichs next door are the same. And the Brits .... they all think they need to pampered cradle to grave
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 02:16:31 PM »

Spanish Royal House : 8 million Euros

Their salaries:
King Felipe :242.769 euros
Queen Letizia : 135.530 euros
K. Juan Carlos: 194.232 euros
Q. Sofํa : 109.260 euros

Pages: [1]   Go Up