Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willem & Max - EVENTS  (Read 482535 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: June 05, 2020, 08:48:36 AM »

Wax and Max visited the National Theater. 

There is nothing wrong with the dress Max is wearing but it has more of a holiday vibe than what a Queen would wear to the National Theater.  This boho look is not something I typically see Max in.  She has a nice figure and that dress makes her look pregnant.

I usually like her all dressed up with her BLING BLING.

For our Dutch disher do you know more about the event?  Was it a workshop they attended?  If yes that may explain the more "casual" look from Max.  Wax looks nice in the suit.

According to the agenda of the Dutch Royal House: https://www.koninklijkhui...opening-nationale-theater

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima visit the first performance evening after the reopening of the National Theater.

The Royal Couple sees two performances from the new series "The National Theater always plays", which has been specially developed for reopening, taking into account the applicable measures for theaters.In the aftertalk, the Royal Couple and the other theatergoers talk to the actors and directors. King Willem-Alexander expresses his support and appreciation for everyone working in the theater sector.

A Dutch article about the event, including a nice video clip
https://www.gids.tv/video...an-is-echt-niet-eng-video

The article roughly translated as:

King Willem-Alexander: "Going to theater again is really not scary"

Willem-Alexander and Máxima paid a visit to Theater aan het Spui in The Hague on Wednesday evening. Of course, sufficient distance was kept from the other visitors. The king applauds that the theaters are open again, but also understands that many Dutch people do not yet dare. "But it really isn't scary," he said. Check out images from royalty expert Rick Evers below.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: June 05, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/281166/...r-hart-onder-de-riem.html

Koningspaar steekt geslaagden in 'coronajaar' hart onder de riem
Geslaagde scholieren worden donderdag tijdens nationale slaagdag middels een videoboodschap gefeliciteerd door koning Willem-Alexander en koningin Máxima.

Kingscouple wishes graduates success in 'corona year'
Highschoolgraduates are congratulated on Thursday during National Success Day by a video message from King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.

RED: due to Corona this year the examinations, requirements and such are very different from normal. As also parties and such are restricted, someone came up with "Geslaagdendag" (day of the graduates) this year.

Traditionally in the Netherlans, a school student has exams (tentamens; school-related) throughout the year, with the central final exams (centraal eindexamen; national) in approximately early/mid May. The results will be announced around the beginning of June. In the Netherlands, when a student succeeds, the Dutch flag is often hung outside together with the school bag. Much of this was hardly possible this year or had to be interpreted in a (completely) different way.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1652 on: June 06, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »

anyone know who is the designer of Max's frock please?

Ta

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1653 on: June 07, 2020, 02:37:03 AM »

Ta

G Smiley

Your sartorial wish is my command!

https://royalfashionblog....r-visit-national-theater/

Queen Maxima wore “Lakai” dress by Zazi. The dress is a handmade piece created from upcycled cotton and embroidered by hand with beautiful colors.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1654 on: June 07, 2020, 04:08:28 AM »

Girl, that is not your dress. Take it off immediately and send it to Tatiana Santo Domingo post haste.
Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1655 on: June 07, 2020, 07:17:20 PM »

Girl, that is not your dress. Take it off immediately and send it to Tatiana Santo Domingo post haste.

You nailed it when you said "send it to Tatiana Santo Domingo".  As soon as I read that I thought that is so TSD's look.    Star
Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1656 on: June 07, 2020, 07:17:58 PM »

@Principessa - thanks for the explanation and info.   Star
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1657 on: June 08, 2020, 12:06:41 AM »

Ta

G Smiley

Queen Maxima wore “Lakai” dress by Zazi. The dress is a handmade piece created from upcycled cotton and embroidered by hand with beautiful colors.

Star   Hug thx heaps

and one for Paulina  Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1658 on: June 08, 2020, 10:18:25 AM »

@Principessa - thanks for the explanation and info.   Star

You are welcome.

In the past couple of years I encountered expats, tourists and other non-Dutch who were surprised by all the Dutch flags incl. schoolbags hanging outside early June. Smiley Wink
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1659 on: June 08, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »

Ta

G Smiley

Star   Hug thx heaps

and one for Paulina  Star

G Smiley

I wish I were that clever. My post above is in the style of TLO, Tom and Lorenzo, the fab bloggers i learned of ten or so years ago when they were commenting on Project Runway.

Stars back at you!
Picar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1660 on: June 08, 2020, 03:56:11 PM »

Paulina, thanks for that! Star

I did not completely dislike the look and Max being tall helped too, but it is very TSD and no, not for the National Theatre.
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1661 on: June 08, 2020, 07:28:22 PM »

it just looks 90's casual boho to me. Not offensive, and it's fine, but it doesn't look very fancy to me
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: