Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrix News  (Read 53101 times)
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2016, 11:08:17 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/cultuur-...ongesteld-paleis-loo.html

Exhibition of hats Princess Beatrix at Het Loo Palace

A selection of the hats of Princess Beatrix will find a temporary shelter at Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn next year. The museum will open an exhibition with headgear in the former queen in February 2017.

While carrying her 33-year reign Beatrix wore a hat at hundreds of special occasions : at state banquets, receptions, openings and countless awards, and on Budget Day and Queens.

'' Her many hats created a recognizable and familiar image of the queen, '' said Het Loo Palace.

The exhibition Chapeaux! The hats of Queen Beatrix will portray her reign in an 'original way', by designers Maarten Spruyt and Tsur Reshef. The museum is collaborates with the Royal Collections, managed by the Royal Archives in The Hague

That exhibition will be such a hoot!
(see what I did there?)

Anyone planning to visit, do drop me a PM since I live next to the Palace and would love to dish on the coolers and cheese wheels together  Icecream

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2016, 03:07:08 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/cultuur-...ongesteld-paleis-loo.html

Exhibition of hats Princess Beatrix at Het Loo Palace

A selection of the hats of Princess Beatrix will find a temporary shelter at Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn next year. The museum will open an exhibition with headgear in the former queen in February 2017.

While carrying her 33-year reign Beatrix wore a hat at hundreds of special occasions : at state banquets, receptions, openings and countless awards, and on Budget Day and Queens.

'' Her many hats created a recognizable and familiar image of the queen, '' said Het Loo Palace.

The exhibition Chapeaux! The hats of Queen Beatrix will portray her reign in an 'original way', by designers Maarten Spruyt and Tsur Reshef. The museum is collaborates with the Royal Collections, managed by the Royal Archives in The Hague

That exhibition will be such a hoot!
(see what I did there?)

Anyone planning to visit, do drop me a PM since I live next to the Palace and would love to dish on the coolers and cheese wheels together  Icecream

I will let you know if I will come close to Paleis het Loo Smiley
The past year I have visited Apeldoorn a couple of times, among others to see the musical De Tweeling.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2016, 01:12:28 AM »

She's such a lovely lady  Yes

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2016, 09:25:56 PM »

I wonder how much time she is able to spend with her grandkids? Seems as if she is very close to all of them. She's a great role model for all those granddaughters, considering how smart and well-educated and highly regarded she is. If they follow in her footsteps, I doubt any of them will ever qualify as Eurotrash.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2016, 09:42:50 AM »

Small news article about Beatrix and her pension.........

Apparently the Pension Fund of the government officials had previously reported that the pensions are likely to be cut next year (2017). While Beatrix's pension payment will increase with 2.7%. This means that Beatrix is the only retired government official without pension reduction.

BTW WA will have an increase of 2.5% next year (2016: 866 thousand euro --> 2017: 888 thousand euro). And Max will also receive more, an increase of 2.6%  (2016: 343 thousand euro --> 2017: 352 thousand euro).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »

25-11-2016

Princess Beatrix is shown around in the exhibition "collecting Dynamic, 100 years" at the Maritime Museum
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2016, 09:34:24 PM »

Love the hat, it is such a lovely lunch cooler with a nod to the Maritime Museum (bet it would float admirably) and to Fairy Merryweather.
BTW what's with her wearing black so much lately?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2017, 05:15:46 PM »

Almost according a tradition princess Bee was present at Jumping Amsterdam last Saturday, together with her niece princess Margarita (eldest daughter of Bee's sister Irene):

Princess Margarita de Bourbon-Parma or Mrs. Tjalling ten Cate is one of the board members of Jumping Amsterdam

Margarita's hubby Tjalling ten Cate was also present I assume.
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2017, 06:15:24 PM »

The Bee looks good! Great pictures to see her so relaxed.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2017, 09:46:22 AM »

Today it is Bee's 79th birthday!  Jumping  Jumping

Congratulations and all the best to her!  Banana

Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard was born on January 31, 1938 at Soestdijk Palace in Baarn. More than two years after her birth WWII breaks out and  the whole family moves to the UK.  Princess Juliana travels almost immediately again with her daughters, they leave for the Canadian capital Ottawa. Prince Bernhard stayes behind in London with his mother in law Queen Wilhelmina. On August 2, 1945 the family returns to the Netherlands.

After returning to Netherlands Beatrix passes her exams at age eighteen on a branch of the Baarns Lyceum (in 1956) On her eighteenth birthday she gets as a national gift Yacht Green Draeck. The royal family still uses the ship in 2017.

Beatrix's student time brings her to the University of Leiden (in Leiden, NL). She amongs others follows courses that prepare her for her future role as head of state. In 1959, while still studying, Beatrix buys Drakensteyn Castle in the woods of Lage Vuursche (not far from Soestdijk Palace). Later it turns out she is going to live there only until 1963.

During her studies she is a member of the Student Association of Female Students (VVSL). In 1961, Princess Beatrix received her master's degree Law. After the exam ceremony Beatrix is festive received by her yearmates (of VVSL) in the building of the student union, where it is so busy that her own sister Margriet can hardly enter.

About love relationships that Beatrix had before she met her great love Claus von Amsberg are no concrete stories known. The media have done an extensive report of the jet set life of the princess, weddings, anniversaries and hunts she visits.

Beatrix is among others photographed with Prince Richard Casimir of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. For a moment he seems to be the future husband of the then crownprincess. Later it becomes clear that Beatrix  has just met her Claus at the wedding of the sister of Prince Richard in the  Berleburg Castle.

Beatrix was not on speaking terms about how they interfered with her love life. The princess says: "It is abnormal if any introduction or volatile friendship immediately is bombarded as love."

On June 26, 1965 the Dagblad De Tijd mades an inventory of all potential suitors including seventeen princes, three hereditary princes, two crown princes, an earl, four Dukes of German descent and some princely figures. Beatrix says: "Sometimes people you have never seen in your life or you can not stand preferably."

On May 1, 1965 this will change as the Princess is hand in hand photographed with the German diplomat Claus von Amsberg. Photographer John de Rooy has already wandering days at Castle Drakensteyn after journalist Eelke de Jong was tipped about a young man with a sports car, who visited Beatrix each weekend.

De Rooy will see at one point movement in the bushes, but at that moment is his camera in the car. De Rooy rushes to his car, but going in the rush to sit on the horn. Eventually, the photographer is able to photograph the couple and goes with the photo to Dutch (gossip) newspaper De Telegraaf.

It turns out to be a German official gentry eleven years older than the Crown Princess. The German-born Van Amsberg encounters with many people negatively, because the WWII is still so fresh in the memory of many (Dutch). The engagement of the pair can be followed live on television on June 28, 1965.

On their wedding day, March 10, 1966 in Amsterdam, protests/riots are taken place at the same time. Protestants shout slogans as; 'Claus Raus!'. On the way to the Western Church also threw a smoke bomb to the golden coach.

Despite the resistance to the marriage, the relationship between Beatrix and Prince Claus is stable. Together they have three sons. Willem-Alexander (1967), Prince Friso (1968) and Prince Constantijn (1969). The princes grow up in and around Drakensteyn Castle. In 1981, after Beatrix accession to the Dutch throne, the couple moves to Palace Huis ten Bosch in The Hague.

Currently Beatrix has 8 grandchildren; 7 granddaughters and 1 grandson. Beatrix approaches the eighties, but has probably after the abdication more time for her eight grandchildren who call her "Amma". In public she speaks a little about her grandchildren, but in 2005 she says:. "I never thought it would be so nice. It is really nice! I really enjoy it immensely, and I try to make time . Fortunately, I have daughters in law who find it important that their children know their grandmother and experience her. They give me a lot of time with the kids. really fun because I get to babysit now and then. "

In interviews Beatrix still refers to her husband. In her farewell speech during the abdication in 2013 she says, "Perhaps history will show that the choice of this husband has been my best decision."

The health of Prince Claus is fragile. He has less and less in public after several admissions and surgeries. In 1987 he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. The prince gets prostate cancer in the late 90s  and he suffered a heart attack. On October 6, 2002 the prince dies because of Parkinson's disease and pneumonia at the Academic Medical Center (AMC) in Amsterdam Zuid-Oost.

On February 17, 2012 Beatrix 2nd son, Prince Friso,  gets buried while skiing under an avalanche. After 25 minutes, he is recovered from the snow. His situation seems to be stable, but the prince is not out of danger. In autumn it appears that Prince Friso has 'minimal consciousness'. The prognosis remains uncertain and the doctors are very worried. On 9 July 2013 he was transferred to Huis ten Bosch Palace. His condition is unchanged. On August 12  Friso dies of the consequences of the ski accident. He is buried in the cemetery of the Church Stulp in Lage Vuursche, almost opposite Drakensteyn Castle. The prince had been 44 years of age.

On April 30, 1980 Queen Beatrix is inaugurated in the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam. With its inauguration the annual parade on Queens place changed to visit one or two Dutch sites on April 30 (in honor of her mother, Beatrix states April 30 will continu als Queensday. Also her it would be too cold on her own birthday, January 31). On January 28, 2013, shortly before her 75th birthday, Queen Beatrix announced her abdication as Queen of the Netherlands to. In total, she has been queen for 33 years. On April 30, 2013 Queen Beatrix signs  the Act of Abdication in the Royal Palace in Amsterdam. After her abdication in 2014 Beatrix moved back to Drakensteyn Castle. Her former house, Palace Huis ten Bosch is currently under renovation and will become the new house for her oldest son King Willem-Alexander and his family.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:14:43 AM by Principessa » Logged
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »

This family is super wealthy from oil revenues in dispuited territories- the taxpayer should pay no expenses for them at all
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:15:18 AM by Princess MS » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2017, 01:12:59 PM »

This family is super wealthy from oil revenues in dispuited territories- the taxpayer should pay no expenses for them at all

You mend the Shell connection?
Eya

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2017, 05:46:45 PM »

https://www.koninklijkhui...tionaal-park-arikok-aruba

http://royalcentral.co.uk...ba-on-working-visit-77650

Princess Beatrix visit Aruba 30 March-1 April
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »

Aruba, Bahama, come on pretty mama..... Banana

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »

For NL Doet Beatrix was in IJsselstein (Utrecht, Netherlands) past Saturday:

Beatrix in IJsselstein. Beatrix was told that it wouldn't be strange if she would aim the water pressure hose onto the present press Wink   But unfortunately she didn't  Wink
She was tempted to spray to the press with the pressure washer. ?I really want to do it!?, the laughing Princess said while she looked towards the press.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: