Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 74139 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »

At February 12 Willem-Alexander opened the grand exposition of the (art)works of Jeroen Bosch (Hieronymus Bosch ) in the Noordbrabants museum in Den Bosch, Netherlands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieronymus_Bosch

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2016, 06:45:11 PM »

As mentioned earlier Willem-Alexander was present at the remembrance of the February Strike (Februari staking) in Amsterdam today.

http://www.nu.nl/binnenla...terdam-trots-stellen.html

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2016, 05:48:52 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/binnenla...en-piloot-boeing-737.html

King Willem-Alexander, already a pilot, will be trained to fly a Boeing 737.

In 2017 king Willem-Alexander wants to be retrained as a pilot. Currently he has a (pilot)license for the Fokker 70, but he wants to master the Boeing 737.

This has been confirmed by the Government Information Service (RVD) after a message from the site Aviation Watch.

Willem-Alexander is the guest pilot at KLM Cityhopper. As to maintain his license he must make enough flight hours. That may be in the government aircraft, the Fokker 70 PH-KBX, or in the ordinary city hoppers. After retraining, Willem-Alexander will continue to fly with KLM>

The government must also decide on a new government unit. But this decision is regardless of the retraining of Willem-Alexander according to the RVD.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2016, 10:39:51 PM »

Willem-Alexander officially opened the European Championships Athletics 2016 in Amsterdam today (July 5)

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »

At Monday September 5, WA was present at the jubilee celebrations of the Josti Band, which exists for 50 years

The Jostiband Orchestra (originating from Zwammerdam, Netherlands) occurs everywhere, of course, also in the Netherlands. The musicians even had the honor of playing for the then Queen Beatrix and Princess Juliana. The orchestra also played along with none other than Andre Rieu. The 200 musicians all have intellectual disabilities. But Jostiband Orchestra does not think in terms of limitations, indeed in possibilities. Because everything is possible, but if you really want one performs well. Of these, the Jostiband Orchestra is living proof. With enthusiasm and passion for music makes this band of wonderful concerts to enjoy the public.The Jostiband Orchestra is part of the care organization Ipse de Bruggen.

The Jostiband (Orchestra) is, well at least for my generation, well known.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:16:21 PM by Principessa » Logged
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2016, 08:42:59 PM »

He always seems really genuine and down to earth.  He may not be the handsomest of the young kings but he certainly comes across as one of the warmest and kindest.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »

He always seems really genuine and down to earth.  He may not be the handsomest of the young kings but he certainly comes across as one of the warmest and kindest.

I know I have told this before but I have a friend who works as an engineer. In the 1990s he had WA doing a three day internship with him - he had no clue who WA was - and nothing in the three days gave away that he was anything "special". WA apparently had a great sense of humour, could laugh about the fact that our friend could not pronounce Willem and was a eager guy, ate the food everyone ate and made no fuss whatsover. They were told after he left and they could not believe it. So yes.  Thumb up
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2016, 10:30:43 PM »

I know I have told this before but I have a friend who works as an engineer. In the 1990s he had WA doing a three day internship with him - he had no clue who WA was - and nothing in the three days gave away that he was anything "special". WA apparently had a great sense of humour, could laugh about the fact that our friend could not pronounce Willem and was a eager guy, ate the food everyone ate and made no fuss whatsover. They were told after he left and they could not believe it. So yes.  Thumb up

Perhaps you told it before, but I believe ( I think) I have never heard/read it before. Nice to hear. There have been some stories and rumours of nasty and or arrogant behaviour of WA and his brorhers. But I geussed his dad, prince Claus, had a great positive influence. And kept them so to say more down to earth. When WA was on his way to become king it was said he respected his mother, queen Beatrix, and her way of reign, but that he would be more like his grandmother, queen Juliana. She wanted to be with the people, less distance etc.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2016, 05:45:35 PM »

http://www.frankfurt2016.com/en

This is what we share

This is what we share. This is the motto through which Flanders and the Netherlands present themselves as the Guest of Honour of the Frankfurter Buchmesse in 2016. What is it they share? A language, a history and a rich literature and culture.

With Flanders and the Netherlands appearing as Guests of Honour at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2016, this year alone will see more than 250 titles translated from Dutch to German in a mix of genres to include novels and short stories, books for children and teenagers, non-fiction, poetry, plays and graphic novels. To guide you around this abundance, we have asked a number of experts to contribute an essay each on the genre they know best and to introduce us to the authors, themes and distinctive features of Flanders and the Netherlands.

Germany is for Dutch literature already the largest export market.

Past Tuesday night king Willem-Alexander and his Belgian colleague king Philippe, opened the Dutch-Flemish pavilion at the Frankfurt Buchmesse 2016.  Netherlands and Flanders are together guest of honor of this momentous international book fair. 23 years after the countries were also together the country theme or 'Schwerpunkt' of the famous book fair. Then Willem-Alexander and Philippe were also present.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2016, 01:02:45 PM »

Does Wax speak French or would he conversing in English to F & M?

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2016, 03:26:25 PM »

Does Wax speak French or would he conversing in English to F & M?

G Smiley

Or in Dutch Wink

As Dutch is one of the official languages of Belgium.

But I assume Wax can speak French.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2016, 03:59:33 PM »

November 30, 2016 - WA receives the credentials of ambassadors at Palace Noordeinde in The Hague:

Republic of Tunesia

Republic of Jemen

Ireland

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Not too crazy about Snarkle

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »

Wax attended the International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR), the world premiere of Double Play in the old Luxor Theater on Friday January 27.

I first thought the woman beside him was Max and was a bit startled as to what has happened to her.  

Snarkle doing charity
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2017, 06:15:10 AM »

Possibly because this woman wears something that Max could absolutely wear!

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/achterkl...gen-eigen-verjaardag.html

Coming April 27, the Dutch king Willem-Alexander will celebrate his 50th birthday.

WA invites 150 birthday celebrants who would like to celebrate their own and WA's birthday with him on April 27.
Condition is that the participants also celebrate a jubilee year on that day, according to the news posted on the Amsterdam Palace website Monday.

To celebrate WA wants to organize a dinner at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam. After the dinner, the building will be opened for the public for fifty hours. During those fifty hours visitors can follow a special additional program.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: