Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 120242 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »

Past weekend, before Christmas, there was the story WA got rid of the beard. WTH, just when we Dutchies (and others) got used to it.

But at a closer look it was apparently a misunderstanding. For their Christmas whishes the royal family used an older picture. One grouppicture of them in Sevilla, Spain earlier this year. And yeah in that picture WA doesn't has a beard.

Past Christmas we saw the repeat of WA's Christmas message and his beard was still present Wink
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »

Willem-Alexander is in Israel for the Auschwitz remembrance, including an own programm of visiting Yad Vashem and meeting elder Israeli's of Dutch origin (of whom some have experienced WWII).

https://www.nu.nl/278559/...oor-willem-alexander.html

King Willem-Alexander arrived on Wednesday at Ben Gurion airport in Israel. The king flew himself to Israel with the 737NG aircraft of the Dutch government. On Thursday Willem-Alexander will participate in the commemoration of the liberation of Auschwitz in Jerusalem.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »

Tuesday January 22

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-en-thuislozenopvang.html

King has his tie cut off when he visits the homeless shelter

A visit to the homeless shelter in Weert cost King Willem-Alexander his tie this afternoon. Project leader Jozé Moonen cut the tie off.

Moonen opened the center herself years ago by cutting a tie and so today asked on her last workday if she could cut the king's tie. "The king doubted for a moment when I asked him," she says to 1 Limburg. "But of course I gave him a new tie."

She said she cut off the tie instead of letting the king cut a ribbon, "because in the self-management center we do everything ourselves".

According to alderman Paul Sterk van Weert, also present at the king's visit, it was a spontaneous action. "We saw the king look very doubtful, because it was a very nice designer tie, matching his suit. I wondered what he would do, but then he said" I will do that for you ".

After his tie was cut off, the king received a new one from project manager Moonen. At the end of the visit, the king looked briefly at his new tie. Not quite his taste, he admitted.

Together with State Secretary Paul Blokhuis (Health, Welfare and Sport), the king paid an unannounced working visit to the homeless shelter. At the center they spoke with local stakeholders about the reception.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2020, 09:01:09 PM »

A fun tradition in Germany allows women to cut a man's tie on the thursday ahead of shrove (or rose) monday:
And women do it everywhere!!! I have seen countless men with cut offs (some try to be clever and re-wear last years ruined tie - pretending some other women had already cut it that morning): most know it and take it with a bit of humour, some however can get really angry. Halo To my knowledge however, legal claims have never been admitted…
BTW this year it will be 02/20/2020....
Yet it is a bit of a bummer for the nice and expensive Hermes, but I presume, he has countless more and won't even notice the loss of that one...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2020, 09:05:07 PM »

A fun tradition in Germany allows women to cut a man's tie on the thursday ahead of shrove (or rose) monday:
And women do it everywhere!!! I have seen countless men with cut offs (some try to be clever and re-wear last years ruined tie - pretending some other women had already cut it that morning): most know it and take it with a bit of humour, some however can get really angry. Halo To my knowledge however, legal claims have never been admitted…
Yet it is a bit of a bummer for the nice and expensive Hermes, but I presume, he has countless more and won't even notice the loss of that one...

Nice tradition! Do you know what the origin is? What the first cause was for it?
Just curiosity Wink Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2020, 10:25:01 AM »

Just spotted an older online (non RD) item about WA entitled "Spotted Willy in the Wild" ("Gespot: Willy in het wild")

Such a hilarious title  Laughing
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2020, 05:09:03 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...ig-bij-koningsspelen.html

King Willem-Alexander not present at the King's Games for the first time

King Willem-Alexander will not be present this year for the first time at the King's Games on April 17. That confirms a spokesperson for the Government Information Service (RVD) after reporting by the NOS.

The king is not present at the event this year because he is going to celebrate the 80th birthday of his godmother Margrethe of Denmark.

According to the RVD, the king will be present on 15 April at a gala dinner at the Christiansborg Palace. A dinner at Fredensborg Palace is scheduled for April 16, with Princess Beatrix also attending. "The King's Games are early in the morning and the obligations in Denmark until late in the evening, so that cannot be combined," said an RVD spokesperson.

Various sports activities are organized by schools during the King's Games. A festive breakfast is provided prior to the activities. The first edition of the King's Games took place in 2013. The aim of the organization was to show primary school children and their parents and / or caregivers how important a good breakfast and exercise are.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2020, 10:57:20 PM »

Nice tradition! Do you know what the origin is? What the first cause was for it?
Just curiosity Wink Smiley

So in Germany there is a thing called "Fasching" = Karneval
It is a time of festivity and merry making - a time to break the rules, poke fun at those who make them and then to make your own new rules. In Germany, particularly in the Rhineland area, the tradition can be traced to medieval times where many countries existed under harsh rules.

The "Weiberfastnacht" = Women's Shrovetide
Marks the transition on from Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. It is also used as a carnival for women.

On that day, that night, women are granted power for one day. This idea that the regiment was left to women on one since the Middle Ages. At a time when women were subordinate to men in everything and men exercised gender guardianship over women, it was considered a "wrong world" when women were given power.

So on this day, or evening, women in their costumes are at work, in pubs, and on the streets. It has been the custom since the mid-20th century for women to cut men's ties as a symbol of male power. Bluntly speaking, instead of cutting off a man's ding-dong, you cut off his tie to emasculate him for a brief second.

where I worked guys wore the ties they hated, or gotten gifted, so they had an excuse to get rid of them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:06:00 PM by PeDe » Logged

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2020, 08:53:53 AM »

Thank you for the explanation and interesting info.

Very recently I have heard from a (Dutch) colleague also about the tie cutting during carnaval. He has celebrated carnaval with some Dutch friends in Cologne for several years now.

Personally I am more familiar with the carnaval in the south of the Netherlands (the provinces of Noord-Brabant and Limburg).
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2020, 06:46:28 PM »

Never hearb about this ties cutting stuff.... We always Know something new her in the RD  Thumb up
So thank you for those informations

Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2020, 01:58:25 AM »

My German buddy's father always made a point to wear his least favourite tie (or bought one at a thrift store especially for this occasion) so he wouldn't lose anything expensive.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2020, 03:23:05 AM »

Now that King Willem-Alexander will not be going to Queen Margarethe II's birthday celebrations, will he be at the King's Breakfast in The Netherlands?
katymc2

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2020, 06:39:17 PM »

Now that King Willem-Alexander will not be going to Queen Margarethe II's birthday celebrations, will he be at the King's Breakfast in The Netherlands?

I am pretty sure it will cancelled too the way things are going. Apparently bars and cafes have been told to shut at 6pm. The prime minister of the Netherlands is going to address the country this evening
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2020, 08:54:36 PM »

It was already confirmed that WAx wouldn't attend the Koningsspelen (King's Games) at a primary school this year because of Margrete's birthday.
Schools are closed until at least April 6th, maybe even longer. Maybe we won't even have the King's breakfast nor Koningsspelen this year. I don't thinks Daisy's bd party will be un-cancelled once the virus is under control; tbh.
No Wax for breakfast in 2020 I'm afraid...

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2020, 09:02:03 AM »

It was already confirmed that WAx wouldn't attend the Koningsspelen (King's Games) at a primary school this year because of Margrete's birthday.
Schools are closed until at least April 6th, maybe even longer. Maybe we won't even have the King's breakfast nor Koningsspelen this year. I don't thinks Daisy's bd party will be un-cancelled once the virus is under control; tbh.
No Wax for breakfast in 2020 I'm afraid...

Also, if I heard it correct Kingsday in Maastricht has even been cancelled. WA and his family would visit Maastricht, the capital of the province of Limburg, this year. Also the Koningsspelen (King games) are cancelled.

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...t-wegens-coronavirus.html
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: