Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 131103 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »

On Friday March 20;  19:00 local time WA will give a speech with regard to the Corona crisis:

https://www.nu.nl/coronav...vanwege-coronacrisis.html

King gives speech on Friday evening due to corona crisis

King Willem-Alexander will deliver a speech on Friday evening at 7 pm because of the corona crisis. The speech is broadcast live on TV.

It is very exceptional for the king to speak to the country apart from the traditional speeches. This happens, for example, during major disasters, such as after MH17.

Prime Minister Mark Rutte previously gave a live speech to the country. The king, together with his family, also avoids social contacts because they have been on winter sports in Lech and people there have also become infected with the corona virus.

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...vanwege-coronacrisis.html

Speech by King Willem-Alexander at 7 pm because of the corona crisis

King Willem-Alexander addresses the country tonight in response to the crisis surrounding the corona virus. That is at 7 pm; the speech will be broadcast on NPO 1, NPO Radio 1, NPO Nieuws (with sign language interpreter) and nos.nl.

The last time the king addressed the people, apart from his traditional Christmas speech, was after the disaster with flight MH17 in July 2014. His mother Beatrix did so after the attack on the royal family in Apeldoorn on April 30, 2009.

On Monday, Prime Minister Rutte also addressed the population about the corona crisis. It was the first time since 1973 that the Prime Minister had done this; at the time Prime Minister Den Uyl gave a speech because the oil crisis threatened scarcity of energy.
katymc2

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2020, 07:33:13 PM »

Here’s the English translation the speech

https://www.royal-house.n...-light-of-the-coronavirus
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2020, 09:30:45 PM »

Love to see these royals stepping up for their populations. It hasn't' been necessary in quite this way for a very, very long time. *slow clap of approval*

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-dit-jaar-woningsdag.html

Corona turns King's Day into Residential Day this year

The celebration of King Willem-Alexander's birthday also takes on a completely different character due to the corona crisis. No King's games, free markets and massively attended concerts in the open air, no King's Day but Woningsdag. The Oranjebond held a brainstorm among the members and an alternative program was launched.

Monday, April 27, will start at 9:45 AM with the bells ringing across the country. At 10.10 a special NOS program starts on television with a look back at previous King's Days.

At 12:00 the bell rings for the digital doily market, a free market on the internet. Children are cordially invited to send a digital letter to the king, in which they also tell what congratulations do for the corona crisis. The letters are bundled and presented to the king in the afternoon.

The day is supposed to end with a home toast. At 4 p.m. everyone raises a glass to the king, who is 53 years old. He would actually celebrate his birthday in Maastricht, but is now forced to stay at home.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/opmerke...-alexander-met-baard.html

Caribbean Netherlands receives first stamp of Willem-Alexander with beard

The Caribbean Netherlands has a special first this week. On King's Day, the first stamps of King Willem-Alexander with beard will be issued in the three special municipalities of Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius.

FXDC Post, the postal company of the Caribbean Netherlands, informed NU.nl on Thursday.

The issue of the stamps has been secretly prepared by the Government Information Service (RVD). The portrait photos were made by Martijn Beekman in Paleis op de Dam.

In principle, the first edition consists of five thousand sheets. Willem-Alexander's new stamps are part of a sheet of stamps where Queen Máxima is also depicted. The sheet is for sale on the website of FXDC Post and costs 7 euros and 92 cents.

Stamps and coins in the Netherlands have not yet been adjusted
King Willem-Alexander has been wearing a beard since last summer. However, the stamps and coins in the Netherlands have not been adjusted more than a year later.

The latest commemorative coin, a Fiver on the occasion of 75 years of liberation, still has an image of the king without facial hair.

It is not clear when Dutch stamps get the beard
Also on the 'normal' euro coins the old effigy of Willem-Alexander without a beard is still used.

At the beginning of April, the Ministry of Finance announced that an alternative to the beardless portrait of Willem-Alexander that Erwin Olaf made for the current euro coins in 2013 is not yet being considered. In principle, only new nickels will be printed for the coming year.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »

Some silly fun news with WA involved this past week in the Netherlands. I have shared it already on other social media, but totally forget to post it over here  Grin

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-moest-er-tussendoor.html

Roughly translated as:

Window cleaner with ladder cycles past king: 'I had to go in between'

The king visited Borger the day before yesterday, but few people knew that. Window cleaner Herman Dinius had also missed it. But on his regular route from home to a job in the village of Drenthe, he almost knocked over the king with his ladder. A security guard tried to stop him. The images are now passing over the internet.

"I realized that something was going on, but I thought it was a wedding," he tells RTV Drenthe. He is overwhelmed by all the attention but can laugh about it.

It was not until the evening that he heard that the king had visited and that videos and photos of his action were posted on social media. "My phone was suddenly ringing off the hook."

"What are you doing, crazy one?"
The window cleaner says he was shocked by the security guard. "He suddenly grabbed me and I thought: soon I will fall. So I say 'what are you doing man crazy,'" he says.

Dinius does not regret it. He is curious whether the king has said anything about this at home. "He must have thought: 'Máxima, what happened today. Such a bald madman in Borger, he passed me like this."

About the town of Borger in the Dutch province of Drenthe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borger,_Netherlands
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2020, 05:40:57 PM »

Thanks for posting Princi!
 Star

It's worth clicking on the link to watch the video of the incident - this is how our royalty is protected  Shocked

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2020, 11:42:42 AM »

Funny story
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: September 03, 2020, 09:33:22 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...fgebeeld-op-een-munt.html

King Willem-Alexander for the first time depicted with a beard on a coin

King Willem-Alexander stands with his beard on a coin for the first time. This is the Woudagemaal Vijfje, a special commemorative coin that will be minted this autumn on behalf of the Ministry of Finance.

The design was announced on Thursday by the Royal Dutch Mint, the producer of coins in the Netherlands.

King Willem-Alexander has been appearing in public with a beard for a year, but his facial hair has so far not been included in his image on coins. The Woudgemaal Vijfje therefore has the scoop.

The coin is made in honor of Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal in the Frisian Lemmer. This is the largest steam pumping station in the world that is still functioning. The first coins are minted on October 7, the centennial day of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Depicting a beard is the artist's choice
The Woudagemaal Fiver was designed by visual artist Berend Strik. He also made the design for the Rembrandt Fiver in 2016. That Strik chose to portray the king with his beard was entirely his own choice.

"It is not customary to give instructions to artists with commemorative coins, other than the requirements of the law and the theme," said a spokesperson for the Ministry of Finance. "The rest is up to the artist in the context of artistic freedom."

It is not known when the king with his beard will appear on the Dutch euro coins. According to the spokesman, there is currently no reason to adjust the current coins.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2020, 12:48:33 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...fgebeeld-op-een-munt.html

King Willem-Alexander for the first time depicted with a beard on a coin

King Willem-Alexander stands with his beard on a coin for the first time. This is the Woudagemaal Vijfje, a special commemorative coin that will be minted this autumn on behalf of the Ministry of Finance.

The design was announced on Thursday by the Royal Dutch Mint, the producer of coins in the Netherlands.

King Willem-Alexander has been appearing in public with a beard for a year, but his facial hair has so far not been included in his image on coins. The Woudgemaal Vijfje therefore has the scoop.

The coin is made in honor of Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal in the Frisian Lemmer. This is the largest steam pumping station in the world that is still functioning. The first coins are minted on October 7, the centennial day of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Depicting a beard is the artist's choice
The Woudagemaal Fiver was designed by visual artist Berend Strik. He also made the design for the Rembrandt Fiver in 2016. That Strik chose to portray the king with his beard was entirely his own choice.

"It is not customary to give instructions to artists with commemorative coins, other than the requirements of the law and the theme," said a spokesperson for the Ministry of Finance. "The rest is up to the artist in the context of artistic freedom."

It is not known when the king with his beard will appear on the Dutch euro coins. According to the spokesman, there is currently no reason to adjust the current coins.

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...d-op-herdenkingsmunt.html

Willem-Alexander with beard on commemorative coin

Willem-Alexander's beard has been immortalized on a five euro coin. The image of the king with beard is featured for the first time on a commemorative coin: the Woudagemaal Fiver.

There are 60,000 regular coins in circulation, but the question is whether you will also meet the king with beard in the supermarket. "It is really a collector's item. It is not often that people pay with these kinds of coins in the supermarket, but it is possible", says Sabine Huisman of Koninklijke Nederlandse Munt.

Run on coin with beard
"It is very unique, this first coin with the image of the king with beard. It is a change of his portrait", says Huisman. It is difficult to predict whether there will be a true run on the coin with beard. "The coin is never added, so there is a limited edition. So we do expect enthusiasm."

The commemorative coin is issued to mark the centenary of the largest, still functioning steam pumping station in the world. Queen Wilhelmina opened the Woudagemaal in Lemmer in 1920. This year a commemorative coin was also issued to commemorate 75 years of freedom. That coin is sold out.

The image of Willem-Alexander was designed by visual artist Berend Strik. In 2006 he also designed the Rembrandt Fiver. In the image, the flag of Friesland flies behind the king, with the canals surrounding the Woudagemaal below it. On the other side of the coin the pumping station is abstractly depicted from a bird's eye view.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2020, 11:45:08 AM »

On September 4:

Opening new Polaris building of Air Traffic Control the Netherlands

King Willem-Alexander opens the new Polaris radar and training building of Air Traffic Control the Netherlands, where the new air traffic control system iCAS is being built.

All education and training of air traffic controllers for civil aviation and military air traffic are housed in this building. Polaris includes a 3D tower simulator in which a 360 degree projection can be made with a view from every military and civil control tower in the Netherlands. The operational room contains about 100 radar units that are used for training purposes and for air traffic control.

After the official opening, the King will be given a tour. He visits the tower simulator and is introduced to the different aspects of air traffic controller training. King Willem-Alexander will then speak with stakeholders about developments in the field of air traffic control.

Working visit Schiphol

King Willem-Alexander pays a working visit to Schiphol. The visit takes place in the context of the impact of the corona crisis on the airport and employees.

The measures to prevent the spread of the corona virus have a major impact on the aviation sector and thus also on Schiphol Airport. Schiphol expects a significant decrease in the numbers of passengers and flights by 2020.

The King talks to various employees who work at the airport about their experience in the past period and their expectations for the future.

The King spoke to a taxi driver about the decrease in the number of journeys, a security officer about the changes in work and employees in support functions, such as cleaners, about the measures that have been taken to be able to work safely at Schiphol.

The King will also speak to a catering employee and employees who handle aircraft and cargo about their experience of their work in recent months.

In conversations and through working visits, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima inform themselves about the consequences of the corona pandemic and the use of measures to combat the corona virus. The working visits take place in accordance with the applicable guidelines.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 11:53:23 AM by Principessa » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2020, 03:10:47 PM »

I love that coin, Principessa!  I hope you run across one (if you want to).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »

I love that coin, Principessa!  I hope you run across one (if you want to).

In the past my mother collected specific coins, just for fun. I often helped her with it. But now it has lost most of her interest. Coincidentially I was at my parents place when this coin was also mentioned on tv. It has perhaps sparked some of my mom's interest Wink

Her main items in the past were:
- get for all children and grandchildren all the then in the Netherlands used coins, which are minted in their respective birth year. F.e. my eldest sibling also has 1ct of the former currency Guilders (fl.), which wasn't minted anymore at the time I got born. Mom only had trouble with 2 grandchildren, both were born in a year no Euro's were minted.

- when the Euro was introduced, she collected all the then available Euro series (at the time you could get a free booklet to collect them). Later on we continued with the special 2 Euro coin, those remembrance coins.

- not always, but my siblings and I often received specific Dutch remembrance coins (various values) as a gift at birthdays; Saint Nicholas etc.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: September 09, 2020, 11:48:56 AM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...die-zijn-baard-staan.html

The artist made a statue of Willem-Alexander, and then he let his beard grow

A statue of King Willem-Alexander has been unveiled in the new council chamber of the Overbetuwe municipality. With beard.

The bronze statue was made on the occasion of the renovation of the town hall in Elst by artist Maria Stams. At first she made an image of the king without a beard.

When it turned out that the king was leaving his beard, she first wanted to add a beard to her work, reports Omroep Gelderland. In the end she decided to make a completely new statue.

The statue was unveiled yesterday by the artist and mayor Patricia Hoytink-Roubos. She is happy to be the first to have an image of the king with beard: "It suits the king who gives meaning to the kingship in a contemporary way."

The king is already depicted with a beard on, among other things, a commemorative coin. A statue of Willem-Alexander with beard was also made from Lego blocks last year.

Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: September 09, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...die-zijn-baard-staan.html

The artist made a statue of Willem-Alexander, and then he let his beard grow

A statue of King Willem-Alexander has been unveiled in the new council chamber of the Overbetuwe municipality. With beard.

The bronze statue was made on the occasion of the renovation of the town hall in Elst by artist Maria Stams. At first she made an image of the king without a beard.

When it turned out that the king was leaving his beard, she first wanted to add a beard to her work, reports Omroep Gelderland. In the end she decided to make a completely new statue.

The statue was unveiled yesterday by the artist and mayor Patricia Hoytink-Roubos. She is happy to be the first to have an image of the king with beard: "It suits the king who gives meaning to the kingship in a contemporary way."

The king is already depicted with a beard on, among other things, a commemorative coin. A statue of Willem-Alexander with beard was also made from Lego blocks last year.

Erm...he looks evil. That lighting is tragic hahaha
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: