Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 133569 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2020, 06:53:17 PM »

I think it looks lime a bust that was left out in the elements and is disintegrating.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: September 11, 2020, 03:03:14 PM »

King Willem-Alexander visited the corona test street of the GGD Hollands Midden on Thursday 10 September.

At the test street, the King was given an explanation of the method. He also spoke to employees who carry out the tests.

The King visited the infectious disease control department at the GGD office in Leiden. He spoke to source and contact researchers about the dilemmas they face in their work. Think of the importance and the impact on someone's daily lives versus monitoring and protecting public health.

In conclusion, the King spoke with GGD doctors about the setting up and functioning of test streets and the source and contact investigations. Discussions included the process of testing, tracing, informing and reporting, the capacity deployment and the criteria for scaling up and down.

King Willem-Alexander watches how a corona test is taken during a working visit to the test street of the GGD in Leiderdorp.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 03:09:10 PM by Principessa » Logged
Picar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »

I think it looks lime a bust that was left out in the elements and is disintegrating.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
CrownJewel70

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Loving the Royals since 1970 :)

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2020, 09:21:04 PM »

I think the Netherlands handled to Corona situation quite well. Willem-Alexander proves furthermore to be a sovereign king
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2020, 08:40:08 PM »

there are lots of ways to meet a king, I suppose, but I wouldn't want to have to do so when I had a swab stuck up my nose and halfway to my brains. What a memory to have!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:49 PM »

there are lots of ways to meet a king, I suppose, but I wouldn't want to have to do so when I had a swab stuck up my nose and halfway to my brains. What a memory to have!

Laughing
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2020, 09:54:30 AM »

Speech by WA past Monday in a video message:

https://www.nu.nl/283281/...s-raakt-ons-allemaal.html

King speeches in honor of UN 75th anniversary: 'Virus affects us all'
King Willem-Alexander addressed the UN General Assembly on Monday to mark the 75th anniversary of the United Nations. UN youth representative Hajar Yagkoubi also gave a speech in the video message.

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...oe-in-videoboodschap.html

Willem-Alexander addresses the celebrating UN in a video message

The United Nations deserves a prominent place in the canon of world history "as one of the most positive forces ever". King Willem-Alexander said this in a video message at the annual General Assembly of the UN. It is dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the peoples organization.

Normally representatives of all member states come to the UN headquarters in New York, but due to the corona crisis, this time the meeting is completely digital for the first time in the existence of the UN.

In his video message, the King paid tribute "to the men and women who laid the foundation for the United Nations 75 years ago" and who were called "Builders of a Better World" by then US President Harry S. Truman.

"They came together after five years of war and human suffering. The differences between them were great. But they shared one unshakable purpose: we will build a better world back," said the king. And that promise was fulfilled, according to the king, when more and more countries joined. “My generation and the generation after me are grateful for the opportunities it has given us.

Although the UN has failed to end violence, injustice and poverty, according to the king, the organization has managed to curb and reduce them. "And thanks to the International Criminal Court and international tribunals, hopefully one day the chance of impunity will be eliminated. Billions of people reap the benefits in their daily lives."

'Fair, equal opportunities'
Hajar Yagkoubi, one of the Dutch UN youth representatives, was also allowed to address the meeting. She said young people want to live in a world that offers fair opportunities for everyone to develop to the full, no matter who you are. "We want to live in a world guided by fundamental human rights. We want to live in a world that protects people and the planet and actively counteracts climate change, biodiversity loss and global warming," said Yagkoubi.

The king closed the video message and wished "all the builders of a better world, whatever age, nationality or background they may be, good luck!"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:07:32 AM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2020, 02:41:46 PM »

King Willem-Alexander will not go to Germany

King Willem-Alexander's visit to Münster next Tuesday (September 29) is canceled. Germany issued code red for the Dutch Provinces of North and South Holland last week. In consultation with the German authorities it was therefore decided to cancel the trip.

The visit together with Federal President Steinmeier would be about German-Dutch cooperation.

According to https://www.koninklijkhui...ndse-samenwerking-vervalt

King's visit to Münster for German-Dutch cooperation has been canceled
News release | 24-09-2020 | 12:35

Due to the guidelines amended by the German government on September 16 for travelers from the provinces of North and South Holland to Germany, it was decided, in consultation with the German authorities, not to allow the visit of His Majesty the King to Münster on September 29. find. The visit together with Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier would be about German-Dutch cooperation.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:36:15 PM by Principessa » Logged
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »

Dutch RF is proving to be a class act. I like Willem-Alexander. He seems like a good egg, well raised, a wife who elevated him, and adorable princesses.

Does anyone, Pomme, Principessa, other  Dutch posters, know if the brothers are close and if they see each other regularly, and if all the cousins are each other regularly? Sunday dinners?

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2020, 03:46:10 PM »

Dutch RF is proving to be a class act. I like Willem-Alexander. He seems like a good egg, well raised, a wife who elevated him, and adorable princesses.

Does anyone, Pomme, Principessa, other  Dutch posters, know if the brothers are close and if they see each other regularly, and if all the cousins are each other regularly? Sunday dinners?

Unfortunately one brother, Friso, already passed away. During that time and afterwards you saw a close family. F.e. later on, at international hockey competitions, Max and Wax took Friso's daughters with them. The youngest even sat on her uncle's lap for some time.

Again, they come across as a close knit family, but it is not known to me how often they visit each other and such.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »

IIRC, Max stayed with Constantijn and Laurentien during the courtship/after the engagement and  Laurentien had introduced Friso and Mabel.  Bea and Claus seem to have raised children with families who care about each other very much and get along very well.

“The sheep fear the wolf, only to be eaten by the shepherd." – Flash Gordon
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2020, 06:42:52 PM »

This week WA took the subway (metro) in Amsterdam. On a new line, the north-south line. Including a mask and such. Apparently it was already agreed in Januari that he would visit the new line

https://www.nhnieuws.nl/n...itje-in-amsterdamse-metro
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »

This week WA took the subway (metro) in Amsterdam. On a new line, the north-south line. Including a mask and such. Apparently it was already agreed in Januari that he would visit the new line

https://www.nhnieuws.nl/n...itje-in-amsterdamse-metro

Good for him. He agreed to do it earlier this year and he kept his word.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2020, 07:23:51 PM »

From the official site of the Dutch Royal House

https://www.koninklijkhui...bezoek-aan-noord-zuidlijn
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »

Source: NOS

Willem-Alexander visits The Hague hospital

King Willem-Alexander paid a visit this morning to the Haaglanden Medical Center Westeinde. In the corona and radiology departments, he spoke with doctors, nurses and laboratory technicians about the acute treatment of corona patients.

It was the king's first performance after the fuss about his holiday in Greece. He broke off his vacation after one day. "It hurts to have betrayed your trust in us", Willem-Alexander said about it last week.

According to the Government Information Service, the king was told during his working visit that, in addition to the high workload in intensive care, there is now also a strongly increased peak load in the clinical corona ward. That is different from the first wave.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: