Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 115367 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »

My apologies for being off topic, but I would like to add other information to my previous post:

Apparently the Netherlands Antillean guilder, which is still used on  Curaçao and Sint Maarten,  will be replaced by the Caribbean guilder (expected to take place in 2013)

The former Dutch colony Suriname, in South America, used the Surinamese guilder until 2004. In that year it was replaced by the Surinamese Dollar.

In the former Dutch (East) Indies the currency was the 'Netherlands Indies' gulden. It was replaced by the Indonesian Rupiah after Indonesian independence in 1945.

The 'Netherlands New Guinean' gulden was the currency of Netherlands New Guinea until 1963. Until 1950, issues of the Netherlands Indies circulated. A separate currency came into being when West New Guinea became the only part of the Netherlands Indies. to remain in Dutch control. The currency was fixed at parity with the Dutch gulden. It circulated until Netherlands New Guinea became part of Indonesia as West Irian in 1963. That year, the West Irian rupiah replaced the gulden at par.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:55:29 AM by Principessa » Logged
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2013, 11:45:34 PM »

King W-A today
http://www.ppe-agency.com...=08-10-2013%20Oosterwolde
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »

New design of Dutch euro coins, with King Willem-Alexander. Design by Erwin Olaf.

RTL and HvNL
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »

It looks carved out of the side of a mountain
Duchess of Lisbon

Mini Member

Portugal Portugal

Tihi

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »

It looks carved out of the side of a mountain

Like this?

Wink
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2013, 11:09:29 PM »

Don't give Maxima any ideas. !!!
BTW, most shopping carts in Germany require a Euro deposit and I have my own little collection of QueenBee Euros for that matter in my purse and car. I am known to get quite nasty when one of those euros find it's way out of my collection and into the local ice cream parlor (a scoop, a euro). There aren't so many around here.... Real mad 

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Duchess of Lisbon

Mini Member

Portugal Portugal

Tihi

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2013, 11:38:38 PM »

BTW, most shopping carts in Germany require a Euro deposit and I have my own little collection of QueenBee Euros for that matter in my purse and car. I am known to get quite nasty when one of those euros find it's way out of my collection and into the local ice cream parlor (a scoop, a euro). There aren't so many around here.... Real mad 

i'm keeping some euro coins with Beatrix and Albert faces as a souvenir   Cute
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »

In the past there have been an experiment in which the roulation of Euro coins through out Europe were monitored. In other words how long would it take if specific Euro coins would pop up in the Netherlands and in which amount.

My own experience is that in the Netherlands you will encouter many German and Belgium Euro coins. And during and after holiday season you will see many Spanish, French and Italian coins.

Recently I have helped my mother sorting out the most recent 2 Euro coins assets (The remembrance ones). I have seen many German coins. And also you have to watch out with the German 2 Euro Coins, as there are multiple variations of one 2 Euro remembrance coins. The same image on the coin, but with a different letter (A, D, F, G, J), which stand voor a different coinhouse.

Respectively:
•A for Berlijn
•D for München
•F for Stuttgart
•G for Karlsruhe
•J for Hamburg
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2014, 09:14:49 PM »

August 20
'Grand Opening' of biofuel plant 'Project Liberty' by Dutch King Willem-Alexander in Iowa, USA
EMMETSBURG, IOWA (August 21, 2014) – The Court of His Majesty Willem-Alexander, King of the Netherlands, has announced that the King will attend the Grand Opening of POET-DSM Advanced Biofuels’ Project LIBERTY cellulosic ethanol plant in Emmetsburg, Iowa on Wednesday, Sept. 3.

The King will take part in the Grand Opening Ceremony to perform the formal opening activity, scheduled for 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m. and tour the plant. POET-DSM is a joint venture between the U.S.-based POET and the Netherlands-based DSM.

The Grand Opening is a public event from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and will feature plant tours, a formal ceremony, a flyover by the ethanol-powered Vanguard Squadron, booths, entertainment and more. The public is invited to attend, and lunch will be provided.

Project LIBERTY will process 770 tons of corn cobs, leaves, husk and some stalk per day to produce 20 million gallons of cellulosic ethanol per year, later ramping up to 25 million gallons per year. Plant personnel are currently running biomass through the pretreatment process and preparing for the first gallons of ethanol. Project LIBERTY will be the flagship plant in POET-DSM Advanced Biofuels’ plan to license this technology to companies across the U.S. and around the world. - See more at: http://poetdsm.com/pr/kin...ning#sthash.jceDwSFV.dpuf

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2014, 10:21:27 PM »

August 20
'Grand Opening' of biofuel plant 'Project Liberty' by Dutch King Willem-Alexander in Iowa, USA
EMMETSBURG, IOWA (August 21, 2014) – The Court of His Majesty Willem-Alexander, King of the Netherlands, has announced that the King will attend the Grand Opening of POET-DSM Advanced Biofuels’ Project LIBERTY cellulosic ethanol plant in Emmetsburg, Iowa on Wednesday, Sept. 3.

The King will take part in the Grand Opening Ceremony to perform the formal opening activity, scheduled for 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m. and tour the plant. POET-DSM is a joint venture between the U.S.-based POET and the Netherlands-based DSM.

The Grand Opening is a public event from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and will feature plant tours, a formal ceremony, a flyover by the ethanol-powered Vanguard Squadron, booths, entertainment and more. The public is invited to attend, and lunch will be provided.

Project LIBERTY will process 770 tons of corn cobs, leaves, husk and some stalk per day to produce 20 million gallons of cellulosic ethanol per year, later ramping up to 25 million gallons per year. Plant personnel are currently running biomass through the pretreatment process and preparing for the first gallons of ethanol. Project LIBERTY will be the flagship plant in POET-DSM Advanced Biofuels’ plan to license this technology to companies across the U.S. and around the world. - See more at: http://poetdsm.com/pr/kin...ning#sthash.jceDwSFV.dpuf

Interesting project!

Also see:
http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=12541.555
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »

Willem Alexander will be present at the 70th commemoration of Operation Market Garden (WW II) in Driel, Netherlands. Including in memory of the contribution of the 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade at the Battle of Arnhem. Also Polish president Komorowski and Dutch Minister of Defence
Hennis-Plasschaert will be present and speech during the commemoration.

During the Battle of Arnhem in September 1944 about 1,500 Polish soldiers of the 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade parachute were deployed to support the British units from the surroundings of Driel, especially in Oosterbeek The Polish units have made ​​a significant contribution to the final retreat of the British paratroopers.

During the days of September 1944  a friendly relationship developed between the people of Driel and Polish paratroopers. In September 1945, the people of Driel adopted the graves of all Polish casualties. Since 1946 in Driel commemorations of the Polish struggle are organized.Every year also a group of Polish veterans is present. This year, 12 Polish veterans will attend, from Poland, England, America, Canada and the Netherlands.

The Foundation Driel Poland is organizing the commemoration in Driel. From 1994, all commemorations in the context of the Battle of Arnhem coordinated within the Airborne Commemoration Foundation.
Aleksandra

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:15 PM »

20 September, His Majesty King Willem-Alexander attended a ceremony in Driel commemorating the 70th anniversary of the contribution of the Polish 1st Independent Parachute Brigade to the Battle of Arnhem
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Dzlz_Kj3g

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:27:51 PM by Aleksandra » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »

@Aleksandra, on the following site http://nos.nl/koningshuis...rdenkt-market-garden.html you will find photos from the polish soldiers in 1944
Aleksandra

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2014, 08:10:49 PM »

Thanks Principessa Smiley There are galleries of them on Polish websites today too, and as usual they take more space than report from the commemorations because nobody cares about politicians.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2014, 08:15:04 PM »

These days have encountered several British and Polish soldiers (veterans, young/old, female/male etc), all present here for the commenoration of Market Garden Interesting an fun talks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: