Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 74113 times)
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2017, 11:25:48 PM »

The Flying King....

He needs to maintain his skills/lincence by clocking hours in the same aircraft as the licence is for, obviously.
The government's airplane is (was) a Fokker 70, the PH-KBX (it was recently sold), and the older KLM Cityhopper planes were also Fokker 70s. These are now replaced by Embraers. I'm not sure if you can fly these Embraers with the Fokker licence, but as it happens, WAX decided some time ago he wanted bigger, better, cooler, faster, and started working on his 737 licence.  Of course KLM is happy to provide the good lad with the opportunity to clock his practice hours + maintenance hours.

How big a coincidence then, that the government (after a looooong process, caused by the need for less refuelling stops on intercontinental trips and a plane that could reach the Antilles non-stop) decided to purchase a Boeing 737, for the hefty sum op 89 million euros?!

The alternative, IIRC an Airbus (European....), would have cost about 18 million euros less. And here's the fun part: authorities deny and deny again that the fact that Wax is practicing for a licence in, oh, what number Boeing was that again, has anything to do with the decision.

According to their own website, the active KLM fleet is currently 118 aircraft, thereof only 13 are Airbus. They have 50 Boeing 737 on duty. All their Fokkers are reported off duty.
I cannot imagine that the governments decision to buy a 737 was made solely to allow Wax to fly the government plane, as he would certainly not be able to pile up the necessary flight hours for maintaining his (not yet available) license just by flying the government plane from time to time?

In turn, as KLM no longer flies Fokkers, his last change to fly a Fokker was indeed the current goverment plane, which will go off duty when the 737 comes.

Catananche

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2017, 01:54:35 PM »

The Flying King....

He needs to maintain his skills/lincence by clocking hours in the same aircraft as the licence is for, obviously.
The government's airplane is (was) a Fokker 70, the PH-KBX (it was recently sold), and the older KLM Cityhopper planes were also Fokker 70s. These are now replaced by Embraers. I'm not sure if you can fly these Embraers with the Fokker licence, but as it happens, WAX decided some time ago he wanted bigger, better, cooler, faster, and started working on his 737 licence.  Of course KLM is happy to provide the good lad with the opportunity to clock his practice hours + maintenance hours.

How big a coincidence then, that the government (after a looooong process, caused by the need for less refuelling stops on intercontinental trips and a plane that could reach the Antilles non-stop) decided to purchase a Boeing 737, for the hefty sum op 89 million euros?!

The alternative, IIRC an Airbus (European....), would have cost about 18 million euros less. And here's the fun part: authorities deny and deny again that the fact that Wax is practicing for a licence in, oh, what number Boeing was that again, has anything to do with the decision.

According to their own website, the active KLM fleet is currently 118 aircraft, thereof only 13 are Airbus. They have 50 Boeing 737 on duty. All their Fokkers are reported off duty.
I cannot imagine that the governments decision to buy a 737 was made solely to allow Wax to fly the government plane, as he would certainly not be able to pile up the necessary flight hours for maintaining his (not yet available) license just by flying the government plane from time to time?

In turn, as KLM no longer flies Fokkers, his last change to fly a Fokker was indeed the current goverment plane, which will go off duty when the 737 comes.

I also understood it was the fact that the government decided to go with an 737 that made him train for that license, not the other way around. If you add the fact that KLM has lots of 737's it makes even more sense to get that license. If he wants to keep his part-time pilot job it makes sense to get a license for a 737.

There are several things where I blame him for (greek fence/mozambique villa) but this isn't one of them.
Qua Patet Orbis

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2017, 03:32:46 PM »

Members of Parliament have already asked the Minister of Infrastructure and the Environment to give proper explanation on why the Airbus could not compete in the tender and Boeing could. She only mentioned in her press release that the Airbus bid was invalid but did not specify why.
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2017, 11:19:40 PM »

Well, he is one cool king, I say!

Upon inheriting the Family Business from his Mama, he did not give up his job, but just reduced the hours.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2017, 07:36:21 PM »

Well he flies when he has time and when he wants to. It is a bit like William. Not only is a fully trained pilot standing by, in case Willem can't/won't make it, but also there is a pilot deadheading on board. At least that used to be like that, and I doubt this has changed.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2017, 11:00:27 PM »

My husband being a professional pilot I can assure you: there's always a second pilot on board, in his case the actual captain. The king is co-pilot and as such under the order of the captain. And there is always a pilot on standby, because it can happen to any pilot that he can't make it. And the king must be a fully trained pilot himself, otherwise the flight regulations would not let him co-pilot a passenger plane. He has a licence, and therefore is as good as any other pilot KLM has. He just does not need the money...

But if he should get sacked as a king, at least he has something to fall back on to support his family.... Wink
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »

I think it's very special that he does that, and to know that Wilhelmina and Juliana went by incognito reservations Countess van Buren. I learned something new today, and I really like WA and the Dutch royals back to Wilhelmina and I don't know much before her.

Princess Jasmine

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2017, 07:08:48 PM »

Can we please (PLEASE!) take a moment to deal with the fact that Willem-Alexander is an actual hot daddy with this bearded situation? 

(These pic were taken at the funeral of Max' father yesterday) 
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2017, 07:37:19 PM »

Beside the sad occasion. He should keep the beard!!!! It suits him.
Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2017, 08:02:13 PM »

I feel a bit conflicted right now!

I think the press should have given the family more privacy.  At the same time, I think that W-A looks absolutely hot with his beard.

...Wow, never imagined I'd go weak at the knees for Willem-Alexander
NotAgain

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »

It's gotta be the Felipe effect.

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »

i must be he only one who think beard doesn't suit him,he should let that to Felipe Icecream

Qua Patet Orbis

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2017, 09:48:05 AM »

Can we please (PLEASE!) take a moment to deal with the fact that Willem-Alexander is an actual hot daddy with this bearded situation?  

http://tpo.nl/wp-content/...lem-alexander-baard-2.jpg

http://tpo.nl/wp-content/...illem-alexander-baard.jpg
(These pic were taken at the funeral of Max' father yesterday)  

I agree with you it suits him more, he should have started wearing a beard when he became king.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2017, 10:42:22 AM »

On Facebook and in some Dutch media a sweet picture is going round.

The current mayor of Amsterdam, Van Laan, has lungcancer. And if I am correct he is terminally ill.

In this picture WA has provided Van Laan support and the walked arm in arm.
Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2017, 11:45:11 AM »

On Facebook and in some Dutch media a sweet picture is going round.

The current mayor of Amsterdam, Van Laan, has lungcancer. And if I am correct he is terminally ill.

In this picture WA has provided Van Laan support and the walked arm in arm.

Here is the photograph you describe, Principessa.  I found it very moving.  WA seems like a kind-hearted person  Hug

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: