Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 120923 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »

On Friday March 20;  19:00 local time WA will give a speech with regard to the Corona crisis:

https://www.nu.nl/coronav...vanwege-coronacrisis.html

King gives speech on Friday evening due to corona crisis

King Willem-Alexander will deliver a speech on Friday evening at 7 pm because of the corona crisis. The speech is broadcast live on TV.

It is very exceptional for the king to speak to the country apart from the traditional speeches. This happens, for example, during major disasters, such as after MH17.

Prime Minister Mark Rutte previously gave a live speech to the country. The king, together with his family, also avoids social contacts because they have been on winter sports in Lech and people there have also become infected with the corona virus.

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...vanwege-coronacrisis.html

Speech by King Willem-Alexander at 7 pm because of the corona crisis

King Willem-Alexander addresses the country tonight in response to the crisis surrounding the corona virus. That is at 7 pm; the speech will be broadcast on NPO 1, NPO Radio 1, NPO Nieuws (with sign language interpreter) and nos.nl.

The last time the king addressed the people, apart from his traditional Christmas speech, was after the disaster with flight MH17 in July 2014. His mother Beatrix did so after the attack on the royal family in Apeldoorn on April 30, 2009.

On Monday, Prime Minister Rutte also addressed the population about the corona crisis. It was the first time since 1973 that the Prime Minister had done this; at the time Prime Minister Den Uyl gave a speech because the oil crisis threatened scarcity of energy.
katymc2

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2020, 07:33:13 PM »

Here’s the English translation the speech

https://www.royal-house.n...-light-of-the-coronavirus
Paulina

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2020, 09:30:45 PM »

Love to see these royals stepping up for their populations. It hasn't' been necessary in quite this way for a very, very long time. *slow clap of approval*

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-dit-jaar-woningsdag.html

Corona turns King's Day into Residential Day this year

The celebration of King Willem-Alexander's birthday also takes on a completely different character due to the corona crisis. No King's games, free markets and massively attended concerts in the open air, no King's Day but Woningsdag. The Oranjebond held a brainstorm among the members and an alternative program was launched.

Monday, April 27, will start at 9:45 AM with the bells ringing across the country. At 10.10 a special NOS program starts on television with a look back at previous King's Days.

At 12:00 the bell rings for the digital doily market, a free market on the internet. Children are cordially invited to send a digital letter to the king, in which they also tell what congratulations do for the corona crisis. The letters are bundled and presented to the king in the afternoon.

The day is supposed to end with a home toast. At 4 p.m. everyone raises a glass to the king, who is 53 years old. He would actually celebrate his birthday in Maastricht, but is now forced to stay at home.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/opmerke...-alexander-met-baard.html

Caribbean Netherlands receives first stamp of Willem-Alexander with beard

The Caribbean Netherlands has a special first this week. On King's Day, the first stamps of King Willem-Alexander with beard will be issued in the three special municipalities of Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius.

FXDC Post, the postal company of the Caribbean Netherlands, informed NU.nl on Thursday.

The issue of the stamps has been secretly prepared by the Government Information Service (RVD). The portrait photos were made by Martijn Beekman in Paleis op de Dam.

In principle, the first edition consists of five thousand sheets. Willem-Alexander's new stamps are part of a sheet of stamps where Queen Máxima is also depicted. The sheet is for sale on the website of FXDC Post and costs 7 euros and 92 cents.

Stamps and coins in the Netherlands have not yet been adjusted
King Willem-Alexander has been wearing a beard since last summer. However, the stamps and coins in the Netherlands have not been adjusted more than a year later.

The latest commemorative coin, a Fiver on the occasion of 75 years of liberation, still has an image of the king without facial hair.

It is not clear when Dutch stamps get the beard
Also on the 'normal' euro coins the old effigy of Willem-Alexander without a beard is still used.

At the beginning of April, the Ministry of Finance announced that an alternative to the beardless portrait of Willem-Alexander that Erwin Olaf made for the current euro coins in 2013 is not yet being considered. In principle, only new nickels will be printed for the coming year.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »

Some silly fun news with WA involved this past week in the Netherlands. I have shared it already on other social media, but totally forget to post it over here  Grin

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-moest-er-tussendoor.html

Roughly translated as:

Window cleaner with ladder cycles past king: 'I had to go in between'

The king visited Borger the day before yesterday, but few people knew that. Window cleaner Herman Dinius had also missed it. But on his regular route from home to a job in the village of Drenthe, he almost knocked over the king with his ladder. A security guard tried to stop him. The images are now passing over the internet.

"I realized that something was going on, but I thought it was a wedding," he tells RTV Drenthe. He is overwhelmed by all the attention but can laugh about it.

It was not until the evening that he heard that the king had visited and that videos and photos of his action were posted on social media. "My phone was suddenly ringing off the hook."

"What are you doing, crazy one?"
The window cleaner says he was shocked by the security guard. "He suddenly grabbed me and I thought: soon I will fall. So I say 'what are you doing man crazy,'" he says.

Dinius does not regret it. He is curious whether the king has said anything about this at home. "He must have thought: 'Máxima, what happened today. Such a bald madman in Borger, he passed me like this."

About the town of Borger in the Dutch province of Drenthe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borger,_Netherlands
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2020, 05:40:57 PM »

Thanks for posting Princi!
 Star

It's worth clicking on the link to watch the video of the incident - this is how our royalty is protected  Shocked

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2020, 11:42:42 AM »

Funny story
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: