Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 115366 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2013, 12:11:10 AM »

Is this right? Each member country of the EC gets to make its coins (and currency?) in the Euro denominations but uses its own design? That's very cool.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »

It is indeed - the notes are all the same, but the 'head' side of the coins are different in each country.
Right now, I'm counting the following coin designs in my wallet:
5x Dutch
5x German
3x Belgian
2x Spanish
2x Italian
2x French
1X Luxemburgish
1x Greek

Here's a (Dutch) link to the wiki that links to all the different designs:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromunten

I don't know who regulates the issue of the various coins, I assume the national bank of each country.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »

what WA ever contribute to society for such honor

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 03:17:39 PM »

It is indeed - the notes are all the same, but the 'head' side of the coins are different in each country.
Right now, I'm counting the following coin designs in my wallet:
5x Dutch
5x German
3x Belgian
2x Spanish
2x Italian
2x French
1X Luxemburgish
1x Greek

Here's a (Dutch) link to the wiki that links to all the different designs:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromunten

I don't know who regulates the issue of the various coins, I assume the national bank of each country.

This also gives participating countries the possibility to issue (own) special coins besides their regular ones, for example a remembrance coin for the abdication of Beatrix. Since the introduction of the Euro in the Netherlands (2002) my mother collects the Euro coins per country, she was triggered by the starter skit Wink.  As over the years new countries join the Eurozone my mother is kept busy (and we also, helping her). In recent years she especially collects the special 2 Euro coins. These 2 Euro coins are predominantly used for special editions. I am so trained that I automatically check every 2 Euro coin I receive.

By the way my mother uses to describe the Belgian regular 2 Euro with the image of Albert II as “the fathead” Tongue

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:41:04 PM by Principessa » Logged
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »

Wow, this is very cool.  I know that coins sometimes get informal names, witness the ``loonie'' in Canada. Will the new WA Dutch coin be known as the Wax?
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »

Uh, hanzo. whaddaya mean?

Get a the Olympic Gold thingie plus honorary membership?  No-brainer: win the vagina lottery
Get coins with his Royal Double Chin on them? No-brainer: win the vagina lottery

Laughing

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »

Uh, hanzo. whaddaya mean?

Get a the Olympic Gold thingie plus honorary membership?  No-brainer: win the vagina lottery
Get coins with his Royal Double Chin on them? No-brainer: win the vagina lottery

Laughing
I meant Max is much more worthy

Tongue

Laughing

Dead

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »

Wow, this is very cool.  I know that coins sometimes get informal names, witness the ``loonie'' in Canada. Will the new WA Dutch coin be known as the Wax?

I know that some old Dutch coins (from before the Euro era) had a sort of nicknames. Often it was an abbreviation of the original name. Some people, especially the older ones, use some of these names also for the Euro coins.

For examples a nickname of the Dutch 10 cent coin (dubbeltje - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubbeltje) was 'duppie', an abbrevation of the name dubbeltje.  I still hear this nickname in my surroundings, but now it is used for the Euro 10 cent coin.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »

The Dutch 2 Euro coin with the heads of W-A and Beatrix. Striking is the positioning of both heads. Based on previous remembrance coins you would expect the head of W-A before Beatrix's, but here it is the other way around.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »

By the way there are also remembrance coins which originate in two or more countries. For example the 'Treaty of Rome' coin which is issued by all Euro countries. The only distinct feature is the country name mentioned on the coin.

There is also a 2 euro coin with the heads of Grandduke Henri of Luxembourg and King Albert II of Belgium:
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2013, 10:44:08 PM »

King W-A @ opening European Cancer Congress today

https://www.anpfoto.nl/ro...search.pp?eventid=1652973
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »

Thanks for all the info on the Euro coins. As I live on the west coast of the U.s. and almost all of my foreign travels are to Asia, or to Norway (which isn't on the Euro),  I haven't had the chance to see any of them.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 04:56:06 PM »

pres Peres with WA

Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 09:58:51 PM »

King W-A at 175th anniversary of the Supreme Court
http://www.ppe-agency.com...=01-10-2013%20Hoge%20Raad
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »

Thanks for all the info on the Euro coins. As I live on the west coast of the U.s. and almost all of my foreign travels are to Asia, or to Norway (which isn't on the Euro),  I haven't had the chance to see any of them.

You are welcome. As mentioned before my mother is a (amateur) collector of Euro coins and got me also interested Smiley In the past she also collected specific Guldens (guilders). the former currency of the European part of the kingdom was the gulden (guilder), with the sign fl or ƒ . The Dutch name gulden was a Middle Dutch adjective meaning "golden", and the name indicates the coin was originally made of gold. The symbol ƒ or fl. for the Dutch guilder was derived from another old currency, the florijn, called the florin in English

By the way there is a part of the Dutch kingdom which is closer to the US, the former Dutch Antilles. They have their own currency.

The Netherlands Antilles (Dutch: Nederlandse Antillen, Papiamentu: Antia Hulandes) also referred to informally as the Dutch Antilles, was an autonomous Caribbean country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Although the country has now been dissolved, all of its constituent islands remain part of the kingdom under a different legal status and the term is still used to refer to these Dutch Caribbean islands.

The Dutch Antilles currency was the Antilles guilder, which was linked to the US Dollar

Aruba became a separate country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands in 1986. The rest of the Netherlands Antilles was dissolved on 10 October 2010, with Curaçao and Sint Maarten becoming two new constituent countries and with the other islands becoming special municipalities within the Netherlands.

On Aruba the currency is the Aruban florin. Which is related to the rate of the dollar (fixed exchange rate: 1 U.S. dollar = 1.75 Aruban Florin). In practice, you can also use the dollar.

The currency on Curaçao and Sint Maarten is the Antillean guilder (abbreviation ANG).

On the islands Bonaire, Saba and Sint Eustasius the currency is the US Dollar.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: