Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred - NEWS  (Read 81044 times)
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 12:00:57 PM »

A Scots soldier who risked his life trying to save an injured Danish comrade in Afghanistan has been honoured by Denmark for his courage.

Explosives expert Andy Peat went to the aid of Oversergeant Rene Brink Jakobsen after his patrol was blasted by an improvised explosive device (IED).

The warrant officer class One (WO1), from Edinburgh, disarmed a second IED and lay across the path of another.

He is the first soldier outside Denmark to receive the Anders Lassen Award.

He was presented with the honour by Crown Prince Frederik at a ceremony at the Royal Danish Military College in Copenhagen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news...nburgh-east-fife-23813076
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »

More of the story:

WO1 Peat is credited with saving the lives of several other Danish soldiers and members of the Afghan police that day.

The Anders Lassen Foundation was established in memory of a highly-decorated soldier who was awarded three Military Crosses and was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross for his exploits in World War II.

WO1 Rene Brink Jakobsen WO1 Rene Brink Jakobsen died later from his wounds
Each year the foundation chooses a single recipient for its honour and cash award, and this year selected WO1 Peat for his "extraordinary courage and determined actions".

At the ceremony in Copenhagen, he received the framed award and donated the 25,000 Krone (about £3,000) to his late colleague's wife, Camilla Brink Jakobsen, and children, Sara, Maja and Thor.

He said of the honour: "I was slightly taken aback when I had the phone call to say I'd been awarded it - it's slightly surreal.

"Meeting the Crown Prince has been a great experience."

The serviceman paid tribute to his own wife following the ceremony and said of his attempt to save WO1 Brink Jakobsen that "all the guys would have done the same thing".

He said: "To bring my wife and daughter along has been fantastic. I knew when my wife heard about what I'd done I'd be mostly in trouble.

"She deserves the rewards as she has to stay up at home at night worrying all the time.

"I'd probably say that wives and girlfriends have the worst jobs because they always think we're doing stuff when sometimes we're just sitting around drinking coffee.

"To be honest, it's just about doing your job and thinking about what you've got in front of you and trying your best to get out of that predicament as quickly as possible."

Mrs Brink Jakobsen said: "I was quite overwhelmed that he wanted to give the money to our family.

"I really appreciate what he did in Afghanistan and I'm very grateful that he would think of us in this way.

"Rene was a guy who spread joy everywhere he went and he wanted everyone to be comfortable. He was a very good soldier and good at his work."

Lt Col Claus Wannen, head of the Danish Special Forces, said: "Warrant Officer One Andy Peat made an extraordinary contribution.

"On that tragic day he proved his worth and it's most likely he saved a number of lives that evening."

WO1 Peat, along with the Danish colleagues he served with in Afghanistan, laid a wreath for WO1 Brink Jakobsen in a public area where other fallen Danish soldiers are remembered.
violeteyes

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »

When did this happen? Isn't he in san Fran?
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »

On 13th August. His event don't get much attention unless it's sport.
http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=4983.1950

On this link you can see one more pic of Fred and Brink's(Danish soldier) family.
http://www2.forsvaret.dk/...ges/Anderslassen2013.aspx

Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »

On this link you can see one more pic of Fred and Brink's(Danish soldier) family.

Thanks Jazzy, I looked but couldn't find a post anywhere. Only made the BBC's local pages today, but is being picked up elsewhere.

Fred actually doing something Crown Prince-ly! Who'd have thought?

With the Brink family

With the Peat family.

The Danish court and press need to promote this sort of thing more, and the sports stuff less.

The story is also being covered in the Guardian, Independent, Daily Mail, Telegraph and Mirror. This also means there are pictures of Crown Prince Frederik on every British newspaper site, but none of his wife in Jordan.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 02:05:50 PM »

Thanks Jazzy, I looked but couldn't find a post anywhere. Only made the BBC's local pages today, but is being picked up elsewhere.

With the Brink family

With the Peat family.

The Danish court and press need to promote this sort of thing more, and the sports stuff less.

The story is also being covered in the Guardian, Independent, Daily Mail, Telegraph and Mirror. This also means there are pictures of Crown Prince Frederik on every British newspaper site, but none of his wife in Jordan.

Fantastic! Thumb up
Just Google: Andy Peat  + Prince Frederik  and then Crown Princess Mary + Jordan and see how many results you get.

leatherface

Large Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »

With the Brink family

With the Peat family.

Fantastic! Thumb up
Just Google: Andy Peat  + Prince Frederik  and then Crown Princess Mary + Jordan and see how many results you get.

My sentiments exactly, Fred needs to do more stuff like this, and FC you are right, the royal court needs to promote events like this more.

Who knew Fred had it in him to do something useful and important and not make a fool of himself. If he keep this up he might not be a complete washout afterall.
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »

Maybe he just needs to step away from his two mothers... The queen and mary... Tongue
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »

He should probably also drop the food in his left hand and actually pose with the dead soldier's family, but it's all relative with Fred.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »

Kudos to Fred for a worthwhile and meaningful event.  Thumb up

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 09:03:55 PM »

That is basic
and he just had to showed up

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

violeteyes

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »

F is quite into Afghanistan isn't he? Isn't one of his murals at Amalienborg a painting of the war in Afghanistan?
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 06:56:53 PM »

Fred sailing in Middlefart:

http://www.sail-world.com...of-royal-diplomacy/112988

'I preferred losing to Nicolai than to my wife 10 years ago. Itís always hard to lose to your wife.

'Itís good to compete and have that tension. Whether you win or lose itís important to do the best you can. Iíd like to have sailed three flights, but unfortunately there wasnít time.

'Iím not so experienced at match racing, I usually do fleet races, but I really enjoyed it.'

'Ah, penalties Ė we didnít have a penalty flag on board or we could have had a penalty back. Itís very good that international sailing comes to Denmark. We have a good track record (for competitions) and we have the weather and currents. Danish waters are known for being challenging.'

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 11:07:04 PM »

~ December 15
Fred participating in Mandela's funeral

Crown Prince representing the Danish royal family at Nelson Mandela's funeral.

When the former South African freedom fighter and President Nelson Mandela will be burried, the Danish royal family will be represented by Crown Prince Frederik, said head of press head of the royal house Lene Balleby to Ekstra Bladet.

The preparations for a state funeral of Nelson Mandela, who died on Thursday night at the age of 95 years old, have already begun.

State and government leaders from around the world, among them U.S. President Barack Obama, are expected to attend. But there are also Royals - including the Danish crown prince.

Visited prison cell
In 1996, the royal couple and the Crown Prince were on an official visit to South Africa, and here they visited, among other things, Mandela's prison cell on Robben Island, where the South African was imprisoned for 27 years.

Mandela will probably be buried 15 December.

The collection of state and government leaders in South Africa is expected to be one of the biggest since Mandela was sworn in as the first black president in 1994.

After the official state funeral in Pretoria, he is sent to the Eastern Cape, where he grew up. He will be buried in a private ceremony in Qunu, a place where his relatives are buried.

lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 02:00:34 PM »

Gee I thought for sure that the icon would be the one going.................
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: