Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 79783 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »

On Facebook and in some Dutch media a sweet picture is going round.

The current mayor of Amsterdam, Van Laan, has lungcancer. And if I am correct he is terminally ill.

In this picture WA has provided Van Laan support and the walked arm in arm.

Here is the photograph you describe, Principessa.  I found it very moving.  WA seems like a kind-hearted person  Hug

Thank you very much!!

I wasn't able to post the picture (a.o. because of my own inabilities in the digital world 😉😊)

If I remember it correct WA wanted to act as a sort mixture of his mother (buisiness like, a bit more distance) and grandmother (people orientated, try to have a close connection to common people).

EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2017, 12:09:01 PM »

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a hot daddy, but I do think the beard suits Wax.

I've said it before - I've always gotten the impression that Wax is a warm and kind hearted person. He may not be the most handsome prince in Europe, but he is a good husband, a good father and a good uncle. He also seems to have hit the right balance between taking his duties/job seriously but not TOO seriously either. He works hard, but isn't too good to help someone who needs assistance walking, or take a picture with someone who wants one etc.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2017, 03:21:46 PM »

WA has visited the Dutch islands in the Caribbean; to see the effects of hurricanes Irma and Jose for himself. In accordance with the announcement he made after Irma had hit the islands badly.

https://nos.nl/artikel/21...-vertrouw-op-de-hulp.html
https://nos.nl/artikel/21...verbeelding-te-boven.html
https://nos.nl/artikel/21...trokken-naar-curacao.html
https://nos.nl/artikel/21...ius-over-orkaan-irma.html

lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »

how did they get to the Island////I thought the airport and runway is gone...nothing left..........where did they land??
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2017, 09:55:28 PM »

Per Chopper from a different island or per boat?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »

Here is the photograph you describe, Principessa.  I found it very moving.  WA seems like a kind-hearted person  Hug

I have written a few times that I have a friend who had WA doing an internship when WA finished college. My (male) friend was totally clueless who WA was and it was not communicated that he was the future king of the Netherlands. They were slagging him about his German and they had a brilliant time. He was totally mortified later to find out who WA really was - but he said that he was absolutely normal, down to earth and very willing to learn (and also taking orders without questioning them).
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

I have written a few times that I have a friend who had WA doing an internship when WA finished college. My (male) friend was totally clueless who WA was and it was not communicated that he was the future king of the Netherlands. They were slagging him about his German and they had a brilliant time. He was totally mortified later to find out who WA really was - but he said that he was absolutely normal, down to earth and very willing to learn (and also taking orders without questioning them).

I liked hearing about this, thanks Miss  Thumb up
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »

Prime Minister Mark Rutte went to visit King Willem-Alexander by bike (because of the formation of the new government). And when he arrived at Paleis Noordeinde he locked his bike, just to be sure it wouldn’t get stolen!

Laughing Laughing
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »

LOL, wouldn't it be hoot, had Rutte chained it to the pillars?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »

LOL, wouldn't it be hoot, had Rutte chained it to the pillars?

Certainly!!  Laughing

I guess it is a kind of habit. You are so used to lock you bike when you leave it parked somewhere, exemptions excluded Wink
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2018, 09:46:09 PM »

King receives President Macron

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »

Willem-Alexander declared the 6th Koningsspelen (King Games) for opened, this time at a basisschool in the Dutch town of Twello

https://nos.nl/artikel/22...t-altijd-fantastisch.html
https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...en-twello.html?redirect=1

Maxima wasn't present, as she had another appointment.

According to the king, their youngest daughter, Ariane, will participate at her school. Ariane is currently in the last grade (groep 8 ) of the basisschool.

Every year the King Games are organized on the last Friday before King's Day (27 April). Because  next year that day is Good Friday, the games are held a week earlier, on Friday 12 April.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:45:39 AM by Principessa » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: