Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 110532 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »

Past weekend, before Christmas, there was the story WA got rid of the beard. WTH, just when we Dutchies (and others) got used to it.

But at a closer look it was apparently a misunderstanding. For their Christmas whishes the royal family used an older picture. One grouppicture of them in Sevilla, Spain earlier this year. And yeah in that picture WA doesn't has a beard.

Past Christmas we saw the repeat of WA's Christmas message and his beard was still present Wink
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »

Willem-Alexander is in Israel for the Auschwitz remembrance, including an own programm of visiting Yad Vashem and meeting elder Israeli's of Dutch origin (of whom some have experienced WWII).

https://www.nu.nl/278559/...oor-willem-alexander.html

King Willem-Alexander arrived on Wednesday at Ben Gurion airport in Israel. The king flew himself to Israel with the 737NG aircraft of the Dutch government. On Thursday Willem-Alexander will participate in the commemoration of the liberation of Auschwitz in Jerusalem.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »

Tuesday January 22

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-en-thuislozenopvang.html

King has his tie cut off when he visits the homeless shelter

A visit to the homeless shelter in Weert cost King Willem-Alexander his tie this afternoon. Project leader Jozé Moonen cut the tie off.

Moonen opened the center herself years ago by cutting a tie and so today asked on her last workday if she could cut the king's tie. "The king doubted for a moment when I asked him," she says to 1 Limburg. "But of course I gave him a new tie."

She said she cut off the tie instead of letting the king cut a ribbon, "because in the self-management center we do everything ourselves".

According to alderman Paul Sterk van Weert, also present at the king's visit, it was a spontaneous action. "We saw the king look very doubtful, because it was a very nice designer tie, matching his suit. I wondered what he would do, but then he said" I will do that for you ".

After his tie was cut off, the king received a new one from project manager Moonen. At the end of the visit, the king looked briefly at his new tie. Not quite his taste, he admitted.

Together with State Secretary Paul Blokhuis (Health, Welfare and Sport), the king paid an unannounced working visit to the homeless shelter. At the center they spoke with local stakeholders about the reception.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2020, 09:01:09 PM »

A fun tradition in Germany allows women to cut a man's tie on the thursday ahead of shrove (or rose) monday:
And women do it everywhere!!! I have seen countless men with cut offs (some try to be clever and re-wear last years ruined tie - pretending some other women had already cut it that morning): most know it and take it with a bit of humour, some however can get really angry. Halo To my knowledge however, legal claims have never been admitted…
BTW this year it will be 02/20/2020....
Yet it is a bit of a bummer for the nice and expensive Hermes, but I presume, he has countless more and won't even notice the loss of that one...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2020, 09:05:07 PM »

A fun tradition in Germany allows women to cut a man's tie on the thursday ahead of shrove (or rose) monday:
And women do it everywhere!!! I have seen countless men with cut offs (some try to be clever and re-wear last years ruined tie - pretending some other women had already cut it that morning): most know it and take it with a bit of humour, some however can get really angry. Halo To my knowledge however, legal claims have never been admitted…
BTW this year it will be 02/20/2020....
Yet it is a bit of a bummer for the nice and expensive Hermes, but I presume, he has countless more and won't even notice the loss of that one...

Nice tradition! Do you know what the origin is? What the first cause was for it?
Just curiosity Wink Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Yesterday at 10:25:01 AM »

Just spotted an older online (non RD) item about WA entitled "Spotted Willy in the Wild" ("Gespot: Willy in het wild")

Such a hilarious title  Laughing
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: