Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2018 Events  (Read 35648 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2018, 04:57:35 PM »

"It cost her to earn the respect of her father-in-law?"

Never heard of that and don't believe it for minute.

remember she was  NOT allowed to have her Father (can't remember if this included her mother and sisters) at the wedding, or be seen any where near her father  by  the media for many years due to his being in "nasty" politics in Argentina................
Duchess of Suffolk

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2018, 05:14:44 PM »

Thanks for posting DoS!   Star

Hug Star

Small mistranslation - it says 'su suegra' - her mother-in-law.

Where I took the phrase (instagram) it said "suegro" (father-in-law)  Smiley

genever

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »

Thanks for posting DoS!   Star

Hug Star

Small mistranslation - it says 'su suegra' - her mother-in-law.

Where I took the phrase (instagram) it said "suegro" (father-in-law)  Smiley

How funny! This is where I saw it:

http://www.revistavanityf...portada-vanity-fair/32419

"Le costó ganarse el respeto de su suegra y aprender a ser la reina de los Países Bajos. "No sé nada", decía. Sin embargo, Máxima de Holanda entendió que podía convertirse en un agente de cambio."

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2018, 09:03:43 PM »

"It cost her to earn the respect of her father-in-law?"

Never heard of that and don't believe it for minute.

remember she was  NOT allowed to have her Father (can't remember if this included her mother and sisters) at the wedding, or be seen any where near her father  by  the media for many years due to his being in "nasty" politics in Argentina................

They decided that her father would not be present at the actual wedding in Amsterdam. Her mother choose to be with her husband. As far as I know Máximas siblings were present at the actual wedding

But if I understand it correct, in the article it is referred to Maximas father in law, which would be the late prince Claus. The one who came across as being (very) acceptive of Máxima and was said to have given her advice on how to integrate into the Netherlands
Princess Jasmine

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2018, 09:14:38 PM »

Her brother Martin was a witness at the wedding, sister Ines a bridesmaid. Some people think her parents were actually in Amsterdam at the wedding. She is seen waving with the biggest smile to a window during the balcony scene. Some people think that her parents were in a hotel. Other believe they were in London, where they flew to in the evening - as the big dance was the evening before the wedding. Her father was actually very often present in her life and public life events, like baptisms of the girls. Beatrix was seen with him and also hung out with Max' parents socially during holidays. Dutch people can be very forgiving. We love Max so we laugh when she is happy and cry when she is sad. Her wedding tears to the song Adios Nonino (Bye Daddy) made a deep impression. And everybody thought: poor girl that her dad isn't here. And 'whatever happened, he is still her dad'. Max made it also publicly very clear she does not support all horrific actions in the past, but believes her father is innocent. As most of us would probably do.
KatyMc

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2018, 12:27:21 AM »

As much as I like Maxima and as much I would like an inside view to the opinions and life of queens/kings etc, maybe it's better for them not to give interviwes in lifestyle magazines.

I don’t think she has. I think she has given permission to use the photo and presumably the article is a favourable one. But she hasn’t sat down with them.
Princess Jasmine

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »

As much as I like Maxima and as much I would like an inside view to the opinions and life of queens/kings etc, maybe it's better for them not to give interviwes in lifestyle magazines.

I don’t think she has. I think she has given permission to use the photo and presumably the article is a favourable one. But she hasn’t sat down with them.

This!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: