Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 101   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willem & Max - EVENTS  (Read 408171 times)
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: January 15, 2019, 11:56:53 PM »

My kids would have died if they had to share a bathroom growing up.
I guess whatever your used to though.
I hope the girls love it there.
Was the move due to security reasons or was it always expected ?
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: January 16, 2019, 12:10:15 AM »

Always expected - Beatrix was always going to move back to Drakensteyn after her reign, the little palace where she and Claus lived with their young family (Soestdijk palace, where Juliana lived, is just around the corner) The boys went to school in Baarn, a small, well-to-do town before moving to Huis ten Bosch ( when Beatrix became queen. They went to the Vrijzinnig-Christelijk Lyceum in Scheveningen (ie The Hague), because no way were they going make the 1-hour trip (one way) to their old school every day.

Noordeinde in The Hague is the palace from which the monarch works; and Huis ten Bosch is where he lives, so giving Wax the villa Eikenhorst nearby was a logical move, also because of the girl's education and social life. It's all quite close to eachother. It's just that the renovation and work on Huis ten Bosch took much longer than expected (a.o. due to asbestos everywhere) and was over budget by almost 100%.

The State (ie tax payer) provides the monarch with three palaces; the third one being het Paleis op de Dam in Amsterdam, where official receptions and state dinners are held. It was built as a town hall, so I don't think there are (bed)rooms for guests - they will have to stay across Dam square in the Krasnapolsky hotel or hotel de l'Europe close by. This palace is the one next to the church where WaxMax wed and where he was sworn in as king.

The woman in the picture btw is the mayor of The Hague, registering MaxWax as residents (Wassenaar is a separate city//borough with a separate mayor and administration.

Dutch kids really live in the pits... imagine having to share a bathroom with not just your siblings but yout PARENTS als well!!

(When we renovated our top priority was to build a second full bathroom and eventually there will be a proper 3rd too (not just a simple shower)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 12:15:59 AM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: January 16, 2019, 12:20:00 AM »

Always expected - Beatrix was always going to move back to Drakensteyn after her reign, the little palace where she and Claus lived with their young family (Soestdijk palace, where Juliana lived, is just around the corner) The boys went to school in Baarn, a small, well-to-do town before moving to Huis ten Bosch ( when Beatrix became queen. They went to the Vrijzinnig-Christelijk Lyceum in Scheveningen (ie The Hague), because no way were they going make the 1-hour trip (one way) to their old school every day.

Noordeinde in The Hague is the palace from which the monarch works; and Huis ten Bosch is where he lives, so giving Wax the villa Eikenhorst nearby was a logical move, also because of the girl's education and social life. It's all quite close to eachother. It's just that the renovation and work on Huis ten Bosch took much longer than expected (a.o. due to asbestos everywhere) and was over budget by almost 100%.

The State (ie tax payer) provides the monarch with three palaces; the third one being het Paleis op de Dam in Amsterdam, where official receptions and state dinners are held. It was built as a town hall, so I don't think there are (bed)rooms for guests - they will have to stay across Dam square in the Krasnapolsky hotel or hotel de l'Europe close by. This palace is the one next to the church where WaxMax wed and where he was sworn in as king.

The woman in the picture btw is the mayor of The Hague, registering MaxWax as residents (Wassenaar is a separate city//borough with a separate mayor and administration.

Dutch kids really live in the pits... imagine having to share a bathroom with not just your siblings but yout PARENTS als well!!

(When we renovated our top priority was to build a second full bathroom and eventually there will be a proper 3rd too (not just a simple shower)

I am so spoiled!  Thank you for the reminder that not everyone has the conveniences that I take for granted.  Star

Also, thanks for the House for sale links. Gorgeous properties!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: January 16, 2019, 03:32:41 PM »

My kids would have died if they had to share a bathroom growing up.
I guess whatever your used to though.
I hope the girls love it there.
Was the move due to security reasons or was it always expected ?

I am used to sharing my bathroom, when growing up and during my student-time. As a teenager I was already happy that my parents had to separate toilets (outside the bathroom) in the house (up- and downstairs). So no issue of a locked/in use bathroom when you are in the need of the toilet. Which was sometimes a problem in my student housing (which was a very old familyhome, with one bathroom and one toilet, which was in the bathroom)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: January 16, 2019, 03:36:57 PM »

And I had to get used to that, as I have known her as and experienced her as mayor of Arnhem. BTW One of the old nicknames of Arnhem was "The Hague of the east" Tongue
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: January 17, 2019, 02:31:34 AM »

Thanks Pomme and Principessa,
I love hearing about this awesome family and the about the Netherlands!  Star
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: March 25, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima are to pay a state visit to Ireland at the invitation of President Michael D. Higgins. The visit will take place from 12
to 14 June.

Max  +  Guinness? Could be fun!

Take your pedopologies elsewhere
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: April 10, 2019, 10:57:52 AM »

On Tuesday evening, April 9, WA and Max received the Corps Diplomatique for the annual gala dinner at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam.

The dinner takes place to maintain and strengthen international relations. This year the evening was planned to be all around art and culture. For that reason, representatives form the Dutch art and culture world were also invited. Earlier themes of the dinner were politics and governance, international law and international business.

In addition to the Royal Couple, the princesses Beatrix and Margriet were also present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cEo3fFhu1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIFX5R81s0
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:10:03 AM by Principessa » Logged
Kayzilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: April 10, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »

Greek goddess dress! I wish she’d use whatever conditioner she puts on her hair at night during the day, too.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: April 10, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »

Beautiful!  After sadness in the Tessy thread, it’s nice to see my favorites looking so well.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: April 10, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »

Is it just me or do Max toes really going over the edges over her shoes……..
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: April 10, 2019, 04:31:20 PM »

Is it just me or do Max toes really going over the edges over her shoes……..

Yes, her toes are extends over. The shoes are too small for her.
KatyMc

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: April 10, 2019, 06:06:13 PM »

She looks fabulous. Apparently its a Stella McCartney dress, prove once again she should stop wearing so much Natan.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: April 10, 2019, 09:53:02 PM »

STAUNNING,Maxi at her best

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: April 10, 2019, 11:40:02 PM »

Every time I see it, the look on that guards face (on the left) make me laugh. Like he is checking out Max('s bum)  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 101   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: