Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 111   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willem & Max - EVENTS  (Read 481845 times)
Lizardcandy

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1605 on: February 04, 2020, 02:15:38 AM »

Max is a stunningly beautiful woman both then and now.  I know she has her moments but she still just lights up a room and always seems engaged and happy to be at whatever the event is.  I really think she is my favorite royal  Smiley

Honestly I think so too. I really like her huge personality. She's so colorful and never boring! No crazy scandals (that i'm aware of anyway) and they seem like great parents to three happy kids
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1606 on: February 04, 2020, 03:50:15 AM »

Max is a stunningly beautiful woman both then and now.  I know she has her moments but she still just lights up a room and always seems engaged and happy to be at whatever the event is.  I really think she is my favorite royal  Smiley

Honestly I think so too. I really like her huge personality. She's so colorful and never boring! No crazy scandals (that i'm aware of anyway) and they seem like great parents to three happy kids

I am always happy to agree with fellow Max sugars!   Star
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1607 on: February 04, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »

I like Max too, but there're times, when I wish she would slow it down a bit.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1608 on: February 04, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »

I love her as well - she seems to throw herself into her role with such enthusiasm and joy!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1609 on: February 04, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »

I always thought Max and WA probably wouldn't have been together if WA was a common, regular Dutch bloke (no millionaire or such). But when seeing them out and about they are coming across as being happy with each other. Off course we can't see what happens behind closed doors.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1610 on: February 04, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »

I always thought Max and WA probably wouldn't have been together if WA was a common, regular Dutch bloke (no millionaire or such). But when seeing them out and about they are coming across as being happy with each other. Off course we can't see what happens behind closed doors.

True. A brief look through the Lux threads bears this out.

But I donít get the same vibe from Wax and Max.  At least not from photos.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #1611 on: February 04, 2020, 11:24:42 PM »

She's def boss in the house - most Dutch women are.
But she knows she will not and can not overshadow him 'in the workplace'.  He, after all, is End Boss (yes I know it is ceremonial but for someone who said he isn't a sucker for protocol (literally he said 'a protocol fetishist') he's quite a sucker for protocol. She will always 'walk behind him' and her work for e.g. the UN is supportive of his work/role. She is a jewel in his crown, and a powerful, independent force to be reckoned with - I guess they're very Dutch in that way (other Dutchies correct me if I'm wrong in this opinion).

They understand the business side of a marriage (in that way they are very 16/17th century Golden Age Netherlanders) - both work for the same firm and can only shine when they do not try to steal the other one's limelight.
Max does her engagements and her UN/microfinance stuff (she is actually very professional in that area and what I've seen in a documentary about that work she is a savvy and educated and professional worker, and she's clever enough to surround herself with top-notch professionals to support her work)
Wax does the King-ing (ceremonial mostly, and some signing of laws etc), his engagements and flies the occasional airplane (his mom made sure all of her sons got a (university) education and a day job)  and together they are the nation's mom and dad, brother and sister, uncle and aunt, courageous son and daughter.

They get an AWFUL lot of cash for that, and a lot of holidays, and a lot of privacy (the press censors itself, so the daughters can live a private life with sports and regular school (I have a friend in Wassenaar and her son had swimming lessons in the same pool as Amalia during the same hours, nothing 'private for the princess' there, ppl just know they should leave them alone), and a huge mansion, and whatnot, but they play their roles with such enthusiams and charisma that we're fine with that.

Apparently the state pays the DuRF money for the upkeep of furniture and other stuff in the royal residencies (not Eikenhorst or Drakesteyn but possibly in Huis ten Bosch and def in the other palaces) even though this furniture was sold to the state decades ago. The DuRF can privately sell stuff that is documented as state gifts/state property (Christina did this but the DRF as a whole did this too). THere are plenty of incidents like this that are uncouth or  Thinking  and they do get reported in the press extensively and our PM Mark Rutte has to answer for it (which is reeeeeally awkward), YET there still isn't a large public outcry let alone a growing republican movement.
This family really knows how to work PR in their favour.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1612 on: February 04, 2020, 11:36:44 PM »

True. A brief look through the Lux threads bears this out.

But I donít get the same vibe from Wax and Max.  At least not from photos.

Plus the As are totally different from the Lux children. I don't see them as bullied or awkward.

Max certainly has a great ego and looker me personality, but I think that's where the similarities with MT end.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1613 on: February 05, 2020, 12:20:28 AM »

Today, February 2, 2020, is the 18th weddingday of WA and Max. Decided to watch some clips, shots etc of their weddingday in Amsterdam, 2002. Including the evening before, offered by the Dutch people.

Max's dress by Valentino was indeed great

I so remember reading this news in the Los Angeles Times. I'd just come home that day with my newborn son who is now 18.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1614 on: February 05, 2020, 09:40:43 AM »

Today, February 2, 2020, is the 18th weddingday of WA and Max. Decided to watch some clips, shots etc of their weddingday in Amsterdam, 2002. Including the evening before, offered by the Dutch people.

Max's dress by Valentino was indeed great

I so remember reading this news in the Los Angeles Times. I'd just come home that day with my newborn son who is now 18.

Nice way Smiley
Picar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1615 on: February 05, 2020, 08:20:19 PM »

I like Max too, but there're times, when I wish she would slow it down a bit.

I feel exactly the same.
Picar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1616 on: February 05, 2020, 08:49:46 PM »

First time I Saw them together on the cover of a magazine was back in 2000. It was early days for them as a couple, I happened to be in Buenos Aires and hadn't heard of her before that. I was not super impressed, and actually didn't buy the story that she didn't know who he was as she met him. Her hair was darker then. I didn't really think it would last.

But as years went by I started believing their relationship was sincere and they seem genuinely happy together.  I also came to appreciate her smiley way, and I believe it is sincere. As a Latin American myself, we are used to smiling a lot more, it is in a way expected from us (culturally) even when all is not great. I realise that sometimes it  may be  seen as insincere or extreme in Europe, where people in general (specially rich and royals) are more composed. But I believe it to be honest.

I sometimes wish it was a bit less (as very well put by Kristallinchen) is when I see footage of videos of her with the family and her need to always appear (even) more.  Speaking over Will's answers, or the girls. I don't think that would be necessary. There's enough love and attention for all. In these moments I wish she would step back a bit, and keep a bit more to self.

I love the fact she is clearly intelligent, well prepared, interested and has a lot to offer in the roll besides being pretty and charming (and she's both too!). I'm glad Willem chose her.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1617 on: February 05, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »

I have written before that a friend of mine had the pleasure to give WA a job training for three days. As he (the friend) was a young professional he had no idea that the Netherlands even had a monarch, leave alone that he was training the future monarch. All he was suprised about that WA turned up with an adjudant, but his boss told him that was alright and not to investigate.

I think that the fact that WA managed to act completely normal in a professional world shows that he had nothing entitled or regal about him.
My friend was totally mortified when he was told after WA had left who he was, because they had slagged him about his name and he had laughed at their jokes and was totally easy-going. He needed to have a wife like Max IMO, even though she is a bit pushy.

With a more subdued wife he would have ended up like Phil of Belgium. Nice and dutyful, but a bit boring.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1618 on: February 06, 2020, 12:29:35 AM »

I have written before that a friend of mine had the pleasure to give WA a job training for three days. As he (the friend) was a young professional he had no idea that the Netherlands even had a monarch, leave alone that he was training the future monarch. All he was suprised about that WA turned up with an adjudant, but his boss told him that was alright and not to investigate.

I think that the fact that WA managed to act completely normal in a professional world shows that he had nothing entitled or regal about him.
My friend was totally mortified when he was told after WA had left who he was, because they had slagged him about his name and he had laughed at their jokes and was totally easy-going. He needed to have a wife like Max IMO, even though she is a bit pushy.

With a more subdued wife he would have ended up like Phil of Belgium. Nice and dutyful, but a bit boring.

Thank you for that story, Miss Marple. I think Max has been good for him, but it sounds like he was already a pretty good guy.
Florine

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1619 on: February 06, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »

That is an amazing story! WA has great people skills. When he was in his twenties/early thirties people expected him to be more intellectual, like his younger brothers. His 'social' qualities weren't really seen. I guess Maxima really helped him to become his own person and they make a great team. By the looks of it even WA's relationship with Beatrix has greatly improved since he got married.

Maxima has always been full of ambition and wouldn't have looked twice at Alexander the lawyer from The Hague  Smiley. She loves, loves being queen and everything that comes with that. But it's also clear that she's genuinely happy with her husband and daughters. She really enjoys her family.

I do hope that Maxima will back off a little when Amalia next makes a public appearance. The kid needs time to grow into her role, which will be difficult enough without mama constantly directing the conversation.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 111   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: