Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About Board Helpers  (Read 32413 times)
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« on: June 04, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »

Board Helpers are a new thing on RD and I want to briefly explain what they are and why they are here.

RD has grown a lot over the past years. And we are greatful for that. But it also means that moderating the board has become increasingly difficult and time consuming.

In order to fix that, we have created the role of Board Helper.

A Board Helper is regular member who has been active on RD for a long time, and who knows the board well, and is willing to spend some time helping Maria and I in the task of moderating the board.

A Board Helper does NOT have any moderation rights. They are purely here to report what is happening on the board to Maria and I.

They are just regular members who have access to a moderation forum on the board where they can report and discuss what is happening on the board.

You can clearly see who is a Board Helper. The member profile will have the title "Board Helper" as well as a line of green stars.
DuchessaDelMar
Banned
Micro Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 09:33:20 AM »

Should be fun.
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »

And of course, don't hesitate to report out of line Board Helpers  Smiley

They need to behave like everybody else.
winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »

A Board Helper is regular member who has been active on RD for a long time

And how long is that?  Confused

Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:56:32 AM »

A Board Helper is regular member who has been active on RD for a long time

And how long is that?  Confused

More than a week  Wink

It doesn't really matter. Post count, reputation etc. doesn't matter either.

What matters is that we feel the member can help.

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 02:55:03 PM »

Thomas, I hope that the new idea works well and that the moderating task is less onerous for you and Maria.
Thanks for putting the effort in to create the plan of Board Helpers.   Star Star  
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »

And of course, don't hesitate to report out of line Board Helpers  Smiley

They need to behave like everybody else.

Thumb up

Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »

Good luck Board Helpers! I was once a mod on a completely unrelated website some years back. It's not the easiest task and you very rarely get thanked for it.

I think it's a good idea and I'll try and behave myself.

(As a newish poster who mostly visits the British boards and still doesn't recognise all the royal nicknames, I'm always paranoid that I'm one of the newbies that's ruined this place for everyone else...  Nerves )
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »

Good Luck everybody, I'm willing to help anyway I can  Champagne

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
LucyintheSky

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »

Board Helpers are a new thing on RD and I want to briefly explain what they are and why they are here.

RD has grown a lot over the past years. And we are greatful for that. But it also means that moderating the board has become increasingly difficult and time consuming.

A Board Helper is regular member who has been active on RD for a long time, and who knows the board well, and is willing to spend some time helping Maria and I in the task of moderating the board.

A Board Helper does NOT have any moderation rights. They are purely here to report what is happening on the board to Maria and I.

They are just regular members who have access to a moderation forum on the board where they can report and discuss what is happening on the board.

You can clearly see who is a Board Helper. The member profile will have the title "Board Helper" as well as a line of green stars.

Will this moderation forum be accessible to members where they can read what is being discussed but not post.

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 05:25:26 PM »

(As a newish poster who mostly visits the British boards and still doesn't recognise all the royal nicknames, I'm always paranoid that I'm one of the newbies that's ruined this place for everyone else...  Nerves )

Welcome to the Delusion of Grandeur Club, Madame!  Hug Thatíll make two of us!  Whistle (Counting on your brilliant British sense of humour, though...  Confused )

Countess dearest!  Star Still remember your no-nonsense attitude  Angry on some long-lost boards,  Secret bless my soul!  Smiley I like you so!   

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »

Will this moderation forum be accessible to members where they can read what is being discussed but not post.

Interesting idea Lucy, if people break rules then they shouldn't be surprised to see their names.

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »

Hug   thank you Tulips I'm very fond of you too

I learned real fast that flying monkey flunkies from the royal houses plant trouble makers and sugah posters on boards to push their agenda or destroy the fabric of the board.  I hope it doesn't happen here and I'm glad it didn't get out of control before people were paying attention  Jumping thanks again Maria and Thomas

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »

If I may speak on behalf of us Green Stars  the paid employee posters are one of the primary focusses we have. And also had before we got this fancy extra title.

Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 05:41:43 PM »

No, it will not. But it will be moderated. It will not be a trash talk forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: