Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About Board Helpers  (Read 30347 times)
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »

Board Helpers are a new thing on RD and I want to briefly explain what they are and why they are here.

RD has grown a lot over the past years. And we are greatful for that. But it also means that moderating the board has become increasingly difficult and time consuming.

In order to fix that, we have created the role of Board Helper.

A Board Helper is regular member who has been active on RD for a long time, and who knows the board well, and is willing to spend some time helping Maria and I in the task of moderating the board.

A Board Helper does NOT have any moderation rights. They are purely here to report what is happening on the board to Maria and I.

They are just regular members who have access to a moderation forum on the board where they can report and discuss what is happening on the board.

You can clearly see who is a Board Helper. The member profile will have the title "Board Helper" as well as a line of green stars.

Will this moderation forum be accessible to members where they can read what is being discussed but not post.

Interesting idea Lucy, if people break rules then they shouldn't be surprised to see their names.

I doubt it. If it is Thomas would have told us.

Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »

And of course, don't hesitate to report out of line Board Helpers  Smiley

They need to behave like everybody else.
Cool Thumb up

Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »

If I may speak on behalf of us Green Stars  the paid employee posters are one of the primary focusses we have. And also had before we got this fancy extra title.

Do you also have a secret handshake?
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »

If I may speak on behalf of us Green Stars  the paid employee posters are one of the primary focusses we have. And also had before we got this fancy extra title.
Do you also have a secret handshake?
LOL Star
This made me smile.

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »

LOL, nope sorry   It's really not like a secret society or a cult or anything, I'm afraid. (Of course, that's what people always say - right? )  Wink   

No, in all seriousness, I'm sorry that some posters are overreacting out of only knowing half truths and whole lies. I completely understand that it's easy to become paranoid but as long as people post by the rules there's nothing to fear from Maria/Thomas. In that sense NOTHING has changed  Wink The BHs don't have any power, we are simply posters who have promised to report if we notice something iffy - the same way that normal posters can do - which is handy because of different time zones.

CF: Thanks for making both Jazzy and me smile  Star

royalwatcher2010

Large Member

Canada Canada

Yellow Pride!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »

I think it's extremely unfair that some members get green stars, while I am stuck with yellow.

No... just kidding Wink I'm perfectly OK with stars the colour of urine while others get green...  Wink

Helpers on RD is a great idea, in particular when the board is a period of growth.

Edited to add: the above yellow v. green remark is meant in good humour. I love yellow. Yellow rules Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:42:11 PM by royalwatcher2010 » Logged
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »

LOL, nope sorry   It's really not like a secret society or a cult or anything, I'm afraid. (Of course, that's what people always say - right? )  Wink   

No, in all seriousness, I'm sorry that some posters are overreacting out of only knowing half truths and whole lies. I completely understand that it's easy to become paranoid but as long as people post by the rules there's nothing to fear from Maria/Thomas. In that sense NOTHING has changed  Wink The BHs don't have any power, we are simply posters who have promised to report if we notice something iffy - the same way that normal posters can do - which is handy because of different time zones.

CF: Thanks for making both Jazzy and me smile  Star

Harley, you should build the mystique! Don't deny the existence of a board helpers forum, but pretend it meets in Monte Carlo every full moon! And there are secret rituals involving large quantities of shiraz and back issues of Hello magazine! And you all have matching tattoos!
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »

I think it's extremely unfair that some members get green stars, while I am stuck with yellow.

No... just kidding Wink I'm perfectly OK with stars the colour of urine while others get green...  Wink

Helpers on RD is a great idea, in particular when the board is a period of growth.

Star

Looks like we are both members of the urine royal dish club! We are not members of the Irish green royal dish club.
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:07 PM »

Star

Looks like we are both members of the urine royal dish club! We are not members of the Irish green royal dish club.

I have a strange urge to burst into Danny Boy. 

Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »

Star

Pee-Pals unite!  Star
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »

Star

I have a strange urge to burst into Danny Boy.  

At least we can share a urinal together. As we are member of the urine group. Hug
Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 06:38:02 PM »

At some point today I thought that EVERYBODY besides me was a Board Helper (who would they talk about in the secret board then ?)

"She isnīt wearing ANYTHING", said a young child

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »

I definitely need more sleep. I completely mis-read the name of this thread  Laughing At first glance I thought it said About Board Herpes....I'm off to get some sleep.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 06:42:33 PM »

Star

love it ! So for those that are in the RIDC , every thing must alway be grand , so it will be grand, your grand , sure tis grand will do, if you don't know you ask the muder , as the muder know everything , you must make Tay for all online , eat a sandwich or roll with a packet of taytos, drink minerals, drop the th in words and put the word like at the end of every sentence. 
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »

I think it's extremely unfair that some members get green stars, while I am stuck with yellow...

I guess any minute now my stars are going to be black!  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: