Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 60th Anniversary of the Coronation - service at Westminster Abbey 4 June 13  (Read 58060 times)
Limabeany
Banned
Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »

I hadn't even noticed, thanks. :D 

Champagne Here's to many, many more.  Smiley

When you come to the edge of all the light you know
and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on or you will learn how to fly.
a commoner
Banned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2013, 03:38:43 PM »

To whoever pointed out that Louise's outfit is in fact different from last year, thank you! :D  It is VERY similar colour and design wise.  A bit disappointed really as there are such lovely girls dresses out there,  but Sophie prefers to spend her cash (or Edward's) on many dresses for herself.  I don't see why people keep saying she is too old for her dress...she's not yet 50...give her a break!  I hated her shoe, WHAT were they about? ........

Louise's dress looked inappropriate for her age and height.  I don't understand why the BRF seem to have such a problem with age-appropriate clothes for girls.  She isn't 50, she isn't a teenager and she isn't a toddler.   A short, skimpy dress is as inappropriate as high heels and makeup would be for a prepubescent girl.  A knee-length 'prom-style' dress with ballet pumps and fine, rather than thick, tights would have been right for the occasion.

I was referring to people saying SOPHIE'S dress was age-inappropriate, hence why I said she is not yet 50.  Sophie doesn't look her age, so why shouldn't she dress how she feels?  I don't think she has look too old for any dress she has worn, and it's better than 10 years ago when she used to dress TOO OLD for her age.  

Louise's dress was lovely and suited her, but I do think it was a bit short and should not have been paired with her school shoes.  It just surprises me how much Sophie loves fashion and how many dresses she has, yet Louise doesn't have any adorable pumps to go with her dress yesterday.  Of course Louise may have chosen her own shoes, but as it was a family day I would have imagined Sophie did the choosing.  It is just odd as James is dressed in trendy clothes for a 5 year old, yet Louise tends to wear old fashioned clothes.  I love Louise's clothes, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping for something more yesterday.  Not a similar dress from last year.  It looks so similar I thought it was the same one.

Sorry for the mistake.  I was in agreement with fairy's comment that they both look too old for what they are wearing so read that into your comment too.  
Sophie: hand the dress over to your daughter, it is quite lovely, but sadly you are a tad too old for it. As btw your daughter is for the dress you made her wear. How old is Louise? Surely not 4 any more!

I don't think Sophie looks much younger than her age.  She usually looks pretty and well-groomed but not remarkably younger.  Her dress was a poor choice IMO because the style made her look bulky and because white lace as a day-time choice is better suited to brides and young girls.  A scaled-down version would have suited Louise.  

As for Louise, I can't see anything 'lovely' about her dress and I don't think she suits the babyfied clothes she often turns up at these events.   The dress has the look of an old-fashioned smocked baby dress, the kind of thing an old-style nanny would be able to sew by hand.

silverhorse
Banned
Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »

Sophie is beautiful but too fat. The Queen is doing very well for her age but Philip is almost dead.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »

Sophie is beautiful but too fat. The Queen is doing very well for her age but Philip is almost dead.

Shocked Sophie looks fantastic, the Queen looks great and Philip is doing great for a man of his age, still walking tall and I thought he looked better than he has done in the last few months.
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »

Sophie's fat?? Huh?

Limabeany
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »

Yikes

When you come to the edge of all the light you know
and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on or you will learn how to fly.
a commoner
Banned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2013, 04:11:10 PM »

Sophie's waist is too thick for some of the clothes she wears.  The Queen looks very sweet and in her finery, yes, beautiful.  Philip is looking frail.

silverhorse
Banned
Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »

I'm sorry if I upset someone, but Sophie and Mette-Marrit are similar in that they are not very thing and both wear dresses that are meant for someone thing.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »

Oh dear. If Sophie;s fat, then I must be a spacehopper.  Sad

Anyway, the Duchess of Gloucester looks nice. She's a very elegant woman.

Cool your jets, everyone
Miss Hathaway
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »

To whoever pointed out that Louise's outfit is in fact different from last year, thank you! :D  It is VERY similar colour and design wise.  A bit disappointed really as there are such lovely girls dresses out there,  but Sophie prefers to spend her cash (or Edward's) on many dresses for herself.  I don't see why people keep saying she is too old for her dress...she's not yet 50...give her a break!  I hated her shoe, WHAT were they about?

Sophie is 48.   Way too old for such a flimsy, lacy frock.   Sophie and Bea should have traded outfits.   Yes, Sophie looks good for 48, but she does look like a good 48!   Her mutton-dressed-as-lamb act is becoming desperate, but it is soooo entertaining, and I always look forward to seeing how she's going to one-up herself with every appearance.   I can hardly wait for what she will unveil to draw attention to herself when the Wales baby is born!   

Miss Hathaway
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »

Sophie's fat?? Huh?

Sophie isn't fat, but she's hippy.  Like Fergie.  She'll never lose them.   Like Fergie.    Wink
Miss Hathaway
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »

Notice how desperately the Wessexes are sucking up to the A-Team!    Tongue
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2013, 06:49:56 PM »

Later on the queen was given a replica of the Coronation Bouquet.

She suits lilac!

Cool your jets, everyone
a commoner
Banned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »

Anyway, the Duchess of Gloucester looks nice. She's a very elegant woman.

Yes, very elegant always.  Others in the RF could learn from her.  I like this coat, she's had it on before - at Ascot
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »

Notice how desperately the Wessexes are sucking up to the A-Team!    Tongue

Would it be so wrong if they ACTUALLY got on?  They have been seen together at the Olympics/Paralympics and they all seem to get on, so why not at another family gathering?

Sophie fat?  That's something new!  She's got a pretty good figure for someone nearing 50 who had a baby in her 40's.  She is hippy though, i'll agree with that statement. 

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: