Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphine Boel wants DNA-tests for Filip and Astrid!  (Read 91729 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »

Came across THIS article where Delphine's mother claims there was an agreement on Albert's marriage breaking up.

Interesting Quote:

When Delphine was 10, the divorce papers of Albert and Paola were on the table, tells De Selys. "I have documents. King Baudouin (was there and) eventually agree that his brother would separate. The Government has also given its agreement."

I don't buy that. Is that not the old story "he is going to leave his wife after Christmas, her flu is over, the kids have started secondary ...." it never happens.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2016, 06:28:48 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...lawyer.html#ixzz4OFvE7xS7

BRUSSELS, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Former Belgian king Albert II will have to appear in court in February in a paternity suit brought by a Belgian artist who says she is his daughter, the artist's lawyer said on Tuesday.

Delphine Boel, 48, has sought for more than a decade to gain the royal family's acceptance and end what she says is prejudice against her because of the question over her paternity.
Albert has never commented on the matter himself and there was no response from Belgium's royal palace on Tuesday.

Boel's case, however, gained public attention in a 1999 biography of Queen Paola, Albert's Italian wife, which noted he had an extra-marital relationship from which a daughter was born in the 1960s.
"The court has ordered that those involved in the case have to appear in person," lawyer Alain De Jonge told Reuters, adding that the king would have to appear on Feb. 21.

Albert II, 82, abdicated in 2013, citing health reasons, and was succeeded by his son Philippe.

In the first stage of the legal suit, the court has to decide whether or not to revoke the status of Boel's legal father, billionaire businessman Jacques Boel.
In a second stage, the court will decide whether or not the king is required to give a DNA sample to establish whether he is the biological father.

"Nobody can be forced to give a DNA test but if he refuses it would be an acknowledgement of his paternity," De Jonge added.

Belgian courts do not comment on family lawsuits.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2018, 01:58:48 PM »

The Court of Appeal in Brussels has ruled that Jaques BoŽl is not Delphine's biological father and has ordered Albert to take a paternity test within the next 3 months.

https://www.lesoir.be/188...e-faire-un-test-genetique

Maybe this can finally be resolved now..
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2018, 02:20:29 PM »

albert's attitude during this whole story was shameful  Thumb down
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2018, 02:35:35 PM »

The Court of Appeal in Brussels has ruled that Jaques BoŽl is not Delphine's biological father and has ordered Albert to take a paternity test within the next 3 months.

it Doesnít take a dna test,a mirror is quite enough! She and her dad look the same.it must be horrible to be dismissed this way,year after year after year.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2018, 02:41:21 PM »

I think everyone has a right to know about their background... the long term hiding behind legal issues just confirms a lack of moral fibre ... take the test and own the outcome Albert
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »

I sympathize with Delphine Boels but what does she want to achieve with this?

If it is concrete proof of her family history then more power to her but if she is hoping for some sort of acknowledgement or relationship with King Albert and/or King Philippe and the rest of the kids then she may spend the rest of her life waiting in vain.

King Albert has proven himself to be a prick of the highest order in this matter and Philippe and Astrid may not be interested in dealing with their father's sins.  Laurent,  who knows but he has his own problems.

I truly hope Ms Boels gets what she wants out of this but the likelihood of her being acknowledged is very slim.
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »

I don't even think Delphine wants to form a relationship with Albert. She just wants to know the truth so she can have a peace of mind. Albert should have taken the DNA test as soon as he abdicated.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2018, 04:21:31 PM »

I hadn't heard about this until today when I saw all the posts in this thread. Wow. Albert is a prick for dragging this out for so long. He should have done the DNA test years ago just to be done with it. Either you're the father (and it certainly looks like that's the case) or you're not and its done with. I don't think she should count on having any relationship with the family at this point.
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »

Delphine looks a lot like the late queen Astrid when they were the same age.
I think she is just extremely hurt by a father who acknowledged her for years and all of a sudden cut all contact. I don't think she is after status or money or a relationship at this point anymore. She just wants justice and the truth out. I suspect she might be 'gifted' and hence has a very high sense of moral justice.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »

Wouldn't she be entitled to a share of Albert's estate when he dies?  I'm thinking of Bernhard of the NL's illegitimate daughters getting shares of *his* money.  And yeah, I don't see any sudden Christmas invitations or arms-wide-open to Delphine any time soon, if Albert *does* turn out to be her biological father.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2018, 07:11:58 PM »

Wouldn't she be entitled to a share of Albert's estate when he dies?  I'm thinking of Bernhard of the NL's illegitimate daughters getting shares of *his* money.  And yeah, I don't see any sudden Christmas invitations or arms-wide-open to Delphine any time soon, if Albert *does* turn out to be her biological father.

I think so.  It's nice to see that there are new developments in this case.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2018, 08:05:36 PM »

King Albert has proven himself to be a prick of the highest order in this matter and Philippe and Astrid may not be interested in dealing with their father's sins.  Laurent,  who knows but he has his own problems.

Not just in this matter
karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2018, 08:18:25 PM »

Nice, good! I'm glad she didn't give up on this as tptb wished she would. The fact that she has pursued this so long and hard tells me with 95% certainty there is no doubt in her mind at least the DNA testing will show she is Albert's daughter. Interesting days ahead for the Belgian RF, I hope if the test comes back positive they will do everything in their power to make up for thirty years of denial and character assassination this lady has gone through.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

Delphine looks a lot like the late queen Astrid when they were the same age.
I think she is just extremely hurt by a father who acknowledged her for years and all of a sudden cut all contact. I don't think she is after status or money or a relationship at this point anymore. She just wants justice and the truth out. I suspect she might be 'gifted' and hence has a very high sense of moral justice.

Star ITA, she just wants closure and for the world to see what has been done to her by a morally corrupt man and the system behind him. She gets all my respect for her courage in pursuing this.

I've followed this sordid tale for years, the Belgian RF has lots of skeletons in its closet BTW (see the Congo and more), they are a very wackadoodle family (almost as bad as their cousins the Brits).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: