Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphine Boel wants DNA-tests for Filip and Astrid!  (Read 82259 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: September 15, 2020, 01:07:57 AM »

What is/was Delphine's relationship like with Jacques Boel? Did he know she wasn't his biological daughter?
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: September 15, 2020, 01:27:51 AM »

I believe that her mother and Jacques divorce was when Delphine was around 10.  Here mother remarried when Delphine was 14 and was widowed when Delphine was 22.  IIRC they moved to the UK following her mother’s divorce and most of Delphine’s education was at boarding schools between the UK and the continent (Switzerland maybe).

The above is enough to cause issues but then when you add in being a product of adultery and your biological father not willing to acknowledge you...it’s no wonder she’s a mess.  But, getting titles won’t make her feel better. 

I feel for her in all these and I feel for her kids even more.  Getting titles for them will only make their lives harder as they become fodder for the press. 
Condoleezzaa244

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: September 15, 2020, 02:53:29 AM »

She needs a psychiatrist not a title.  Philippe and his two other royal siblings has no responsibility or obligation to her. And I highly doubt he would grant her any title his policy is to limit titles not hand it out like candy. She really lost a lot of public sympathy with her latest move. Everyone was with her when she only went after Albert and his personal estate now people are turned off because she’s asking for titles.
Condoleezzaa244

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2020, 04:24:23 AM »

Of course she's bitter, this has affected her entire life through no fault of her own. Is that surprising? Her sorry excuse for a father has neglected and abused her most of her life. How in the world would that not affect someone? I have no doubt Albert made her life as hard as he could once she started pursuing him, he had the power and motive to try to break her down. Let's put it in perspective indeed.

I'm sorry that she's chosen to go after titles, that's a bridge too far for me. I guess it's her motherly instinct kicking in and she sees the situation as a slight to her own children but really I don't agree. If she's looking for a legacy for her children I think she's accomplished that by her fight for justice and her victory against the nastiness that is her father and TPTB.

Thank goodness the "nasty Belgian king" gene seems to skip a generation, hopefully Elisabeth will break the cycle for good.
Well according to babalux she was not “mistreated” by Albert all her life. He preferred to hang around Delphine and her mother more than his own wife and kids. And she certainly was not slumming it her stepdad was a billionaire.  I’m having a hard time feeling sympathy for her at this point.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2020, 05:21:29 AM »

She needs a psychiatrist not a title.  Philippe and his two other royal siblings has no responsibility or obligation to her. And I highly doubt he would grant her any title his policy is to limit titles not hand it out like candy. She really lost a lot of public sympathy with her latest move. Everyone was with her when she only went after Albert and his personal estate now people are turned off because she’s asking for titles.

Agreed. She needs professional help and I hope someone, anyone, can help her. I hope her partner sees that she needs help. 

Her course of action now will not help her whatsoever and sends the wrong message to the public and her half-siblings.

When you wrestle a pig you both get dirty. Delphine is in terrible danger of getting dirty.

ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2020, 08:02:14 AM »

My point about perspective was based on:

Has Delphine been treated appallingly by Albert? Of course she has (though not always it seems) and she should sue HIM and take every legal action she wants to against HIM and I don't think anyone would really judge her for doing that.

But should she know be trying to get the Belgian state (and effectively the Belgian taxpayers) to hand over perks due to working members of the RF that it seems even some of Philippe children wouldn't get? No IMO not, she has had a tough time in life because of Albert but she has a mother who loves her and also has a billionaire stepfather with whom it seems her relationship was good before she started taking legal action. If the State were to start sympathising with her then where does this end....do they have to do the same for everyone who's father walks out on them? Do those who don't then get a billionaire stepfather deserve more than Delphine gets?

I have every sympathy for Delphine in terms of the actions she takes against Albert, though given how clear it is he wants nothing to do with her IMO she is setting herself up for more hurt going after him so much but that is up to her.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: September 15, 2020, 08:18:48 AM »

Did her mother really say Philipe has autism?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2020, 09:15:54 AM »

Of course she's bitter, this has affected her entire life through no fault of her own. Is that surprising? Her sorry excuse for a father has neglected and abused her most of her life. How in the world would that not affect someone? I have no doubt Albert made her life as hard as he could once she started pursuing him, he had the power and motive to try to break her down. Let's put it in perspective indeed.

I'm sorry that she's chosen to go after titles, that's a bridge too far for me. I guess it's her motherly instinct kicking in and she sees the situation as a slight to her own children but really I don't agree. If she's looking for a legacy for her children I think she's accomplished that by her fight for justice and her victory against the nastiness that is her father and TPTB.

Thank goodness the "nasty Belgian king" gene seems to skip a generation, hopefully Elisabeth will break the cycle for good.

ITA.

There’s a lot of victim blaming going on in this thread Thumb down Disappointing to say the least.
If Delphine is overreacting and need a “psychiatrist” it’s no doubt because of this shitty treatment from her father who, along with her mother and Paola, is ultimately responsible for this mess.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »

I’m sorry if my comments seemed like victim blaming, that was not at all my intention.Crap

I have been in very very similar circumstances to Delphine. I know from personal experience how hard it is to have a father that treats you poorly and publicly doubts your paternity. I also know what it is like to not be acknowledged and supported while he supports and acknowledges another child (in my case my full blood sibling). It stays with you forever and so does the shame attached to everything you go through. Often it creeps back in - any issues you have while dating or arguments you have with a significant other/friend/relative - you think “Am I so unlovable? My own father didn’t want me, so I must be.” Any mental turmoil Delphine experiences is 100% due to her “father”.  

I know everyone is different and has different experiences. I can’t judge her for this - I just hope she has help. This is a permanent scar. You don’t outgrow it, ever. Even if she wins, this is not something you escape without internal turmoil. I gave up my fight long ago, I hope Delphine stays strong. Cry

I really felt a connection to her story and to what she’s been through. I was expressing my own POV due to my experiences, but I realize it may have veered into hurtful territory. I’m sorry again if it came off like victim blaming, it really was not my intention.
Condoleezzaa244

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2020, 10:17:44 AM »

Paola is not responsible for this either.  The only two responsible for Delphine’s situation is the two adults who created her. 
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2020, 07:33:07 PM »

Out of interest, is there any provision for a title that isn't "of Belgium" and thus suggesting some official connotation? Didn't Philippe recently put in place provision for a Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha, i.e. a royal of the family house rather than the state of Belgium?

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2020, 09:21:12 PM »

I’m not sure any of us are qualified to make a statement like that.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2020, 10:09:38 PM »

Out of interest, is there any provision for a title that isn't "of Belgium" and thus suggesting some official connotation? Didn't Philippe recently put in place provision for a Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha, i.e. a royal of the family house rather than the state of Belgium?

I thought he only brought back the Saxonian escutcheon on the coat of arms but not any titles.  I think that they still use “of Belgium” as the family name.  But I could be wrong...my waffle knowledge is fairly limited.
Condoleezzaa244

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2020, 11:49:47 PM »

It’s my comment not a diagnosis.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2020, 12:06:26 AM »

She needs a psychiatrist not a title.  Philippe and his two other royal siblings has no responsibility or obligation to her. And I highly doubt he would grant her any title his policy is to limit titles not hand it out like candy. She really lost a lot of public sympathy with her latest move. Everyone was with her when she only went after Albert and his personal estate now people are turned off because she’s asking for titles.

It’s my comment not a diagnosis.

It was presented as a definitive statement, not an opinion. Stating someone needs a psychiatrist is inappropriate unless you know them well or are actually a medical professional with access to them.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: