Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphine Boel wants DNA-tests for Filip and Astrid!  (Read 111718 times)
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 10:50:12 AM »

it would be great if she does but it's not going to be an easy one.

latest news is that her request may incite the king not to abdicate as he will not have to submit to any dna test as long as he is king.

it's a pathetic situation and part of the problem lies with paola who could never accept that albert had a several year relationship with and was close to leave her for delphine's mother. part of the deal of them resuming/saving their marriage was to pretend that this relationship and the child never existed. it's a violent and cruel thing to do.

I agree. Why is Paola so bitter? She had affairs too. It isn't Delphine's fault. How can Albert look at Delphine's face and see how much she looks like the late Astrid and not feel something for her?

Perhaps she should take a page from the Edwards family in America. John publicly humiliated his dying wife Elizabeth by impregnating his mistress and then repeatedly lied to her and the world by publicly denying His daughter Quinn. But when the truth finally came out Elizabeth was very kind to the child,met her, brought her Christmas presents, took pictures of her and John together and even bought a small gift for Quinn to take back home to her mother as a present. She was so disgusted with John that they split but she was always very clear that the baby was a totally innocent party. Now that Elizabeth is dead the eldest daughter has been very clear that she views Quinn as her sister and doesn't let her dislike for the mother cloud her feelings for the little girl.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »

I agree. Why is Paola so bitter? She had affairs too. It isn't Delphine's fault. How can Albert look at Delphine's face and see how much she looks like the late Astrid and not feel something for her?
I also agree. Albert and Paola need to get over themselves. Their marriage survived the crisis and they're obviously together for life. Let this woman get the peace of mind she needs. I very much doubt the Belgian people would be angry with Albert if he finally allowed the truth to come out. Perhaps they might even respect him for it.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 09:23:23 PM »

My dream is that both Als (Monaco and Belgium) are taken to the European court and get sentenced for having all kids legalized with full rights (money, succession, everything).
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »

What would Astrid, Philippe and Laurent lose by accepting Delphine as sibling? Well, how about money? She would be quite eligible to a handsome inheritance, might even claim some sort of alimony (along the lines of what the royal siblings receive monthly from their father/court?)
I don't think siblings can be legally forced to aid in establishing paternity (maternity), just as other relatives can't. IMO what she is trying to achieve is to put public pressure on them. But legally?  Thinking

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »

What would Astrid, Philippe and Laurent lose by accepting Delphine as sibling? Well, how about money? She would be quite eligible to a handsome inheritance, might even claim some sort of alimony (along the lines of what the royal siblings receive monthly from their father/court?)
I don't think siblings can be legally forced to aid in establishing paternity (maternity), just as other relatives can't. IMO what she is trying to achieve is to put public pressure on them. But legally?  Thinking

I'm not familiar with Belgian law, but I do think that legally, she can't put pressure on them.  Why is she not asking Laurent for a DNA test?  I wonder if he already did this in secret, and now she wants to solidify her claim.   Thinking
Paola

Micro Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:32 PM »

What has been said about Queen Paola, is totally correct.

The HuffPost has now picked up the story:

Delphine Boel, Alleged Unrecognized Daughter Of Belgian King Albert II, Asks Him To Appear In Court
Reuters  |  Posted: 06/18/2013 7:16 am EDT

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A woman who says she is the unrecognized daughter of Belgian King Albert II has summoned the monarch and two of his children to appear in a Brussels court in her bid to prove he is her father, her lawyer said on Tuesday.

Delphine Boel, a 45-year-old artist, has repeatedly stated that she is the daughter of the king and has used this as a theme in some of her work.

First reports about Boel's claims appeared in the Belgian media in the late 1990s. The king has never made any official statement on the subject.

Boel's lawyer, Alain De Jonge, confirmed that his client had launched the legal action, but declined to give details.

The palace confirmed that the king, Crown Prince Philippe and Princess Astrid had received a summons to appear in court but gave no further comment. There was no summons for the king's other son, Laurent.

According to Belgian law, the king cannot be compelled to appear in court, which limits the chances of Boel succeeding with her case, although his children could be forced to testify.

A Brussels court said it did not comment on cases between private individuals.

(Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek; Editing by Philip Blenkinsop and Kevin Liffey)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 10:13:14 PM »

The palace confirmed that the king, Crown Prince Philippe and Princess Astrid had received a summons to appear in court but gave no further comment. There was no summons for the king's other son, Laurent.

This seems to make it incredibly clear that the claimant strongly belives that Laurent is not Albert's son.
This is a very ugly story on many levels.
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 10:41:19 PM »

This seems to make it incredibly clear that the claimant strongly belives that Laurent is not Albert's son.

Laurent  looks like his father though

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 10:58:37 PM »

it's interesting that he is not summoned to court. it makes me wonder if he was tested and if the results did not match delphine's.

i personally don't think that laurent looks like his father, which to me doesn't prove anything.

albert should have the balls to do the right thing, i.e. come out with the truth and give delphine the recognition she deserves if she is indeed his daughter.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »

Laurent  looks like his father though
I agree. But the fact that Delphine is asking Philippe and Astrid--but not Laurent--to submit to DNA testing, is highly suggestive to me.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »

I don't think it's a coincidence that Laurent, who is the only one who has reached out to her (unlike Astrid and Philippe), is the only one who is not dragged into her public process.

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 11:21:16 PM »

I don't think it's a coincidence that Laurent, who is the only one who has reached out to her (unlike Astrid and Philippe), is the only one who is not dragged into her public process.

ITA  Star
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »

I agree Clara.

I also think they probably have privately done a test hence Delphine feels further empowered to take such a public step.

I think it's kind of a bit of funny karma for Paola that this further increases the rumors that Laurent is the product of her affair. Certainly it highlights the hypocrisy present in this situation.

If money is what Astrid and Phillipe are worried about then I suggest they get a real problem. It isnt like Delphine can bankrupt them or even get enough to decrease the lifestyles they have enjoyed their entire lives. I wouldn't sit near any of them in a church as I wouldn't want the bolt of lightening coming after them to accidentally hit me.
babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »

Oh the irony. Albert literally dumped his three young children with Paola to life with Delphine and her mother for many years. And Delphine actually had the father that was absent in her half-siblings' traumatic childhood.

Philippe, Astrid and Laurent were raised by many ppl, but certainly not by their parents who btw didn't even bother to celebrate Christmas with them. So one thing is sure, it sucks being Albert's child and since he already had practice he dumped Delphine too when the situation became inconvenient. The one who is to blame for this mess is Albert and to a lesser degree his entourage. Not Philippe, not Astrid and not Laurent. And that is why Delphine should have spared them. They are victims of this constellation too. Now she forces Philippe and Astrid to publically take sides and surely they will stick to their father. Philippe gets zero support from Albert and had to learn to deal with it. Now if he moves to camp Delphine he will have war with his father and his grey men. I feel sorry for him too. He and his siblings haven't asked for this at all and it's painful for them too.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 12:16:48 AM »

Wow. Albert really sounds like a POS as a father...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: