Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Hagasessorna  (Read 74177 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2020, 09:59:52 PM »

Christina and Tord attended a charity event at Vasateatern

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2020, 10:29:58 PM »

They are such a sweet couple
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2020, 01:50:29 AM »

Christina's shoes are very striking! I would love to see them in more detail!
It's always great to see Christina out and about. I always feel that she got shafted by her brother once St Hoefia married into the family and of course had to take a patronage with her name in it (like the use of Princess Sofia Albertina's crown at the altar during her wedding  Roll Eyes ) I know Christina was battling cancer roughly around this time, which kind of makes it worse that she was forced to give up her decades-long patronage for a new married in, whose children would later lose their royal status. Yet Christina has seemed to handle it with great dignity, perhaps glad to get away from the potential s**tshow the SRF could easily descend into with St Hoefia front and centre.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2020, 01:55:12 AM »

Do we know she was unhappy about giving it up?  Just wondering if, between being sick and of retirement age, she was ok with letting it go. 

Really, once a Princess, always a princess if you were born into the family.  Maybe that’s enough for her. 
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2020, 02:08:06 AM »

Do we know she was unhappy about giving it up?  Just wondering if, between being sick and of retirement age, she was ok with letting it go. 

Really, once a Princess, always a princess if you were born into the family.  Maybe that’s enough for her. 

I could see her being happy to hand over the reigns and not wanting to get into a drama about it, she seems quite a relaxed person. She's only two years older than CG but has had various bouts of ill health, so perhaps she wanted to spend more time with her family. I just wish she had been given a decent farewell from Sophiahemmet, rather than St Hoefia smugly grinning like the Cheshire Cat at the ceremony. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I seem to think Christina inherited the patronage from her mother, Princess Sibylla, who may have inherited it after the death of Queen Louise.

I just checked Wikipedia, and Christina was diagnosed with Leukemia in October 2016, ten months after Sofia was given the patronage of Sophiahemmet. I think it made sense for the patronage to be passed on to younger generations, but maybe Vic in view of Estelle inheriting it eventually to keep it in the line of heirs? In the far distant future maybe the wife of Oscar (should he marry a woman) would be a suitable patron? I don't know, I'm just supposing now haha!
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2020, 02:11:47 AM »

I could see her being happy to hand over the reigns and not wanting to get into a drama about it, she seems quite a relaxed person. She's only two years older than CG but has had various bouts of ill health, so perhaps she wanted to spend more time with her family. I just wish she had been given a decent farewell from Sophiahemmet, rather than St Hoefia smugly grinning like the Cheshire Cat at the ceremony. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I seem to think Christina inherited the patronage from her mother, Princess Sibylla, who may have inherited it after the death of Queen Louise.

I just checked Wikipedia, and Christina was diagnosed with Leukemia in October 2016, ten months after Sofia was given the patronage of Sophiahemmet. I think it made sense for the patronage to be passed on to younger generations, but maybe Vic in view of Estelle inheriting it eventually to keep it in the line of heirs? In the far distant future maybe the wife of Oscar (should he marry a woman) would be a suitable patron? I don't know, I'm just supposing now haha!

I am certainly in agreement - the last person I want to see is Sophia doing ANYthing lol! 

I didn’t know the history.  It sure would be interesting to know what the SRF members think about each other. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: