Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine & Chris news  (Read 1144079 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3585 on: December 11, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »

A couple more photos from Florida..

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3586 on: August 15, 2021, 06:05:45 PM »

https://www.svenskdam.se/...-skola-at-leonore/7776889

Is Princess Madeleine moving back home? Looking for a school for Leonore

This summer, Madeleine and Chris made a long-awaited comeback in Sweden and in the royal spotlight. New information, which Svensk Damtidning can reveal, also tells us that the Florida family will be spending more time in Stockholm in the future.

Prince Julian was of course the main character of the day at the royal baptism in Drottningholm's castle church. But those who are watching SVT's christening broadcast tonight are probably just as happy to see the aunt of the child being christened, Princess Madeleine. For a year and a half, Madeleine and Chris have been in Florida and the coronavirus has prevented the family from traveling home to Sweden. They have been deeply missed - particularly at royal ceremonies, such as the king's 75th birthday this spring.

But now they are back and according to information to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine plans to spend more time in Stockholm in the future. New information tells us that the princess has visited Estelle's school Campus Manilla because she and Chris are interested in a school for Princess Leonore, who is 7 years old and will start first grade this autumn. Or does this even mean that Madeleine and her family are planning to move home to Sweden?

It is common knowledge that Victoria and Daniel are very happy with Campus Manilla and that cousin Estelle is having a great time with both her teachers and classmates. And of course Madeleine knows this.

Last year, the princess couple also carried out a major renovation of the five-room apartment at Hovstallet. The National Property Board decided, for example, that a new bedroom, walk-in closet, cloakroom and a bathroom would be built. So now Madeleine and Chris have a top apartment waiting at home in Stockholm. An apartment that is only a walk away from beautiful Djurgården and Campus Manilla.

Svensk Damtidning has repeatedly sought the court's information director Margareta Thorgren regarding the new information about Princess Leonore's schooling. But she has not replied.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3587 on: August 15, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »

I don't think Chris would be too keen on this idea.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3588 on: August 15, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »

Me neither. I can't imagine he would feel comfortable living in Stockholm with the press watching every move he makes.

I'm sceptical, but stranger things have happened..
Märta

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #3589 on: August 15, 2021, 07:41:54 PM »

If it was only up to her, I have no doubt they would move back. She is very family oriented and extremely tight with her close-knit group of friends. I bet the pandemic and restrictions have been very tough on her and it's probably extra hard to leave now again as the summer is about to end. But in a relationship and a family it's about what's best for the immediate family and kids. And of course it's especially difficult when you come from different countries, someone will always be away from their native country no matter where you live.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3590 on: August 15, 2021, 08:34:00 PM »

Well, if she stays in Florida their kids will be Americans. Even holidays every so often do not change the situation that their main surrounding is the USA and all the US culture. If they want the children to be more Swedish, they will have to move back.

I am not sure if that will be a wise decision, because they kids will grow up under the public eye, turn teenagers, the press does not like them. Easier to stay in Florida.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3591 on: August 15, 2021, 08:44:37 PM »

Chris seems to be able to make a good living in the States, I suppose that will be uppermost in what they decide to do.  A wholly American education for these children is probably not a great thing though, for a lot of reasons.  I don't envy them, this has got to be a difficult decision to make. 

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3592 on: August 15, 2021, 08:49:08 PM »

Isn't there some requirement that for Leonore to be...something...in the line of succession, perhaps?...she has to be educated in Sweden from a certain age on?  Does anyone know what I'm thinking of? 

Maybe this changed when the grandkids lost their HRH...

And maybe I am just completely confused!
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3593 on: August 15, 2021, 08:53:04 PM »

If it was only up to her, I have no doubt they would move back. She is very family oriented and extremely tight with her close-knit group of friends. I bet the pandemic and restrictions have been very tough on her and it's probably extra hard to leave now again as the summer is about to end. But in a relationship and a family it's about what's best for the immediate family and kids. And of course it's especially difficult when you come from different countries, someone will always be away from their native country no matter where you live.

ITA

I guess Madeleine is homesick and misses her family, but in the long run it's about what's best for the children.

And I think by now they're more American than Swedish.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3594 on: August 15, 2021, 08:53:40 PM »

I had that thought too Cordelia. To be in the LOS which I think they still are even if they lost HRH.  A niggling thought in the back of my mind is what if Oscar can’t be good spare for some reason.
valentine14

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3595 on: August 15, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »

I had that thought too Cordelia. To be in the LOS which I think they still are even if they lost HRH.  A niggling thought in the back of my mind is what if Oscar can’t be good spare for some reason.

Aren’t CP and his 3 boys next up?
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3596 on: August 15, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »

Cp's family is  next in line - Maddie's youngsters are 9/10/11 in line
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3597 on: August 15, 2021, 09:47:45 PM »

I would not say that succession plays any role in the story, they are too much removed to be relevant. Madeleine has lived in the USA for a decade now (New York + Florida) and she might be aware that it is better to make a permanent decision before the children start school.
She might simply miss her family. She seems to be very close to her mom (who is getting on in years) all her kids cousins are in Sweden ... she might hope that they grow up more Swedish and less American.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3598 on: August 15, 2021, 10:48:28 PM »

I would not say that succession plays any role in the story, they are too much removed to be relevant. Madeleine has lived in the USA for a decade now (New York + Florida) and she might be aware that it is better to make a permanent decision before the children start school.
She might simply miss her family. She seems to be very close to her mom (who is getting on in years) all her kids cousins are in Sweden ... she might hope that they grow up more Swedish and less American.
Does Chris not have 5 half siblings? I know some of  them have children.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3599 on: August 15, 2021, 11:40:53 PM »

Oh yeah, y’all are right my mistake. I was thinking at the time of Leonor was born but course that was before CP had children
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: