Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 248   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine & Chris news  (Read 1282786 times)
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3645 on: December 21, 2021, 07:27:36 AM »

Princess Madeleine at the Christmas Trees Cerermony   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkLcPeDkcMQ

we can have a party for Chris's shoes to meet his trousers.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3646 on: December 21, 2021, 09:05:25 AM »

NICE find Cyril!    Star

I need to say this ... Leonore and Nicolas need some discipline.  Yes, they are young, & I know they aren't used to these events- but.  They are charming looking children - they need better manners in public.

Not a Madde fan so I usually hold my tongue but I’ve been thinking this since they let Leonor roll all over the Church floor at a Christening (I think it was).  Secret

I hope Leonore is alright: in the beginning of that video where they make their entrance, she is walking in an odd way, much as she did back in the summer in the first minute of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68_J0z9BnU

I have always had the feeling there is "something" about Leonore. She's a beautiful child, but I do wonder if she is on the autism spectrum? Her mannerisms and such remind me very much of a friend's daughter who has ADHD and autism.

At that age my children walked in all sorts of strange ways - especially if they were in a situation they were not used to. Living a 'normal' life in Florida, I guess events like these are not common for Madeleine's children.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3647 on: December 21, 2021, 11:08:50 AM »

From me that is a yes and no .... we had to sit in church every Sunday and my father had little time for poor behaviour
Diogenes
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3648 on: December 21, 2021, 12:32:59 PM »

I wonder if maybe Madde’s kids are simply not used to wearing shoes. Maybe they wear trainers and flip flops most of the time and shoes feel really strange.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3649 on: December 21, 2021, 12:51:33 PM »

I think its very hard (an IMO a little unfair) to make judgements or statements about Madde’s kids based on what we see of them at these public events. They are so removed from this normally it must be very hard for then to feel comfortable. Even royal children who are not in the spotlight much do often still live close by to the royal palace etc or at least in the same country whereas their day to day life in Florida must be so different from what life is like for them in Sweden. Even if Madde and Chris lived in Sweden in a “normal” home the children would be use to visiting granny and grandpa in royal residences, security guys hanging round etc- that is all quite abnormal for them now.
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3650 on: December 21, 2021, 03:04:09 PM »

NICE find Cyril!    Star

I need to say this ... Leonore and Nicolas need some discipline.  Yes, they are young, & I know they aren't used to these events- but.  They are charming looking children - they need better manners in public.

Not a Madde fan so I usually hold my tongue but I’ve been thinking this since they let Leonor roll all over the Church floor at a Christening (I think it was).  Secret

I hope Leonore is alright: in the beginning of that video where they make their entrance, she is walking in an odd way, much as she did back in the summer in the first minute of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68_J0z9BnU

I have always had the feeling there is "something" about Leonore. She's a beautiful child, but I do wonder if she is on the autism spectrum? Her mannerisms and such remind me very much of a friend's daughter who has ADHD and autism.

I've often thought that Leonore's behaviour is on the far end of 'acceptably naughty'. When she walk in her gait is indeed awkward and she projects her tongue which is often a sensory thing. She also is reluctant to touch / hold a tree...again sensory.  Her behaviour at the end when she simply drops the tree and leaves Chris to pick it up is bad behaviour in any circumstances and for any family....royal or not.
Nicholas should have been told firmly NOT to throw the hedgehog toy around. Why does he have a soft toy anyway? The best behaved is the youngest! What a little star!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3651 on: December 21, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »

I found the kids behaved quite well.
Leonore is a very independant little sprite and I think Nicholas is on the shy side, needing a comfort toy and then playing up a bit to cover it. Him throwing the hedgehog to his father is quite telling IMO: for once he could show up a bit and secondly engaging his father in a game played by two might have given him a bit reassurance.

They were uncomfortable and it showed, but I didn't find it cringeworthy. All three reacted very nicely to their parents instructions, Nicholas was very quick to pick up the toy from the floor upon his father's quick eyebrow raise. And apparently the needles on the small tree stung badly, all of them seem to test that.

Europe has a very relaxed view on child-raising. It is good ton not to "make the children do " something they do not want to, be it sit quietly, eat something they don't like, accept touches. Children are raised to express themselves freely, even if their behaviour is disruptive in public.
Never roll your eyes at a child or his mother, if the child screams, yells, throws a fit in public or disrupts a service, a performance etc. You will get a very nasty backlash from not only the mother, but from many bystanders as well.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #3652 on: December 21, 2021, 05:08:26 PM »

Troll Patrol
Leonore is a very independant little sprite and I think Nicholas is on the shy side, needing a comfort toy and then playing up a bit to cover it. Him throwing the hedgehog to his father is quite telling IMO: for once he could show up a bit and secondly engaging his father in a game played by two might have given him a bit reassurance.

They were uncomfortable and it showed, but I didn't find it cringeworthy. All three reacted very nicely to their parents instructions, Nicholas was very quick to pick up the toy from the floor upon his father's quick eyebrow raise. And apparently the needles on the small tree stung badly, all of them seem to test that.

Europe has a very relaxed view on child-raising. It is good ton not to "make the children do " something they do not want to, be it sit quietly, eat something they don't like, accept touches. Children are raised to express themselves freely, even if their behaviour is disruptive in public.
Never roll your eyes at a child or his mother, if the child screams, yells, throws a fit in public or disrupts a service, a performance etc. You will get a very nasty backlash from not only the mother, but from many bystanders as well.

I'd say many people try to be reasonable with (their) children, understanding their ages, personalities and what to expect, but at the same time not allowing total "anarchy", since there are other people in the world to consider.
To anyone who has seen Madeleine as a child, the "behaviour" of  her children seems familiar Smiley
It'll be ok, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:15:41 PM by Ginger » Logged
JessicaM

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3653 on: December 21, 2021, 05:58:18 PM »

All three seemed to feel really insecure and uncomfortable. Especially Nicolas but also the other two tried to touch their parents as much as possible, maybe to get some security/comfort. All of this must have felt really strange for them compared to their more normal life in Florida.

Nevertheless Adrienne was so well-behaved and also seemed to be excited to be there. She is such a sweet little cutie Star.
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3654 on: December 21, 2021, 06:44:50 PM »

Could anyone pick up which language Madde used when speaking to her children? I could hear her speaking Swedish to the students, but couldn't pick up which language she used when talking to her kids.
I wonder how much Swedish is spoke at home? If its little or disproportionate to English, I would imagine some of the discomfort among the kids could be related to linguistic problems? In the same way that Chris always looks uncomfortable because he has yet to learn Swedish. That, added with the cameras, strange people and circumstances of royal life, I can see why the kids behaved as they did.

Nicolas seems so sweet! I like that he was allowed to bring his toy, not doing so may have caused him to feel even more uncomfortable.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #3655 on: December 21, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »

I thought the kids behaved just fine.

Interesting that the cameraman spoke to everyone in English...
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3656 on: December 22, 2021, 09:45:08 AM »

Troll Patrol

I'd say many people try to be reasonable with (their) children, understanding their ages, personalities and what to expect, but at the same time not allowing total "anarchy", since there are other people in the world to consider.
To anyone who has seen Madeleine as a child, the "behaviour" of  her children seems familiar Smiley
It'll be ok, I'm sure.

You are right. Leonore's behaviour seems strange but I think she it's just bad behaviour. (My children are little younger and would have behaved better, but every child is different.) Chris looked like the butler most of the time.  Laugh bounce
I think they will be fine.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3657 on: December 22, 2021, 10:29:13 AM »

I thought the kids behaved just fine.

Interesting that the cameraman spoke to everyone in English...

They live in USA and would speak English at his... some Swedish but the decision to live there means it will be the day to day language
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3658 on: December 22, 2021, 08:10:12 PM »

Adrienne looks so much like Silvia to me
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore