Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 241   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine & Chris news  (Read 1153333 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 05:11:19 AM »

We RDishers are better than those reporters. We even got the floor plan! 

Those terraces are bigger than my apartment!   Shocked

The 2nd bedroom off the master is probably be Madde's dressing room with all the closets. That means the apart only has 2 bedrooms, the master and the office.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 05:29:10 AM »

Looking at this apartment I get a dark vibe. I feel like Madeleine pushed for this wedding/marriage and it will not bring her the happiness she thinks it will bring. I just don't think that Chris is THAT guy. I hope I am wrong. She just seems so blind to what she needs to do with herself and is just jumping into things to make something happen in her life. Its a something is better than nothing attitude. I really hope this apartment is a happy home. It looks so dark and sad, like Madeleine.  Cry

http://corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/881111

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 05:33:19 AM »

Star Clover for writing it so eloquently than me!

ITA with you!

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 05:40:58 AM »

Getafix,
Thanks!  Champagne  I feel bad saying this, but I know I am among friends and can say what is on my mind. I just don't get a good feeling about this match. That apartment matches the feelings I get from these two.  Confused Blush

joys54

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »

I found it. It's on 57th just west of Sutton Place.

Excellent researching job tgb!!!! Star Thumb up  That is a gorgeous area of the city
and well placed for their needs I'm sure.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2013, 06:12:01 AM »

That apartment's interior needs updating and decorating. That's all. It will look warm and homey with some TLC. Most New York buildings are old and require remodeling. If this apartment has been completely updated, the price would have been higher. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:17:06 AM by Laprincess » Logged
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2013, 06:15:41 AM »

Thankyou tgb  Star and I sadly agree with you Clover  Star .  After the humiliation and fall out after Jonas, Madde needed SOMETHING to change.  I think she settled.  I feel bad for her and maybe worse for Chris.  I think he may be more hurt than her if things go South.
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2013, 06:24:41 AM »

Clover, your instincts may be dead on, but sadly that is a sh*t ton of light and windows for NYC.

To me this screams 'starter' luxury home for a high-class couple that has an immediate need, but it isn't the 'forever' home they will eventually buy. Perhaps moving to Sweden at some point is still in the cards so they bought a 2-bedroom in the meantime? Or maybe they got a good deal and will bide their time in a good investment until they try for children.  

At any rate I think they chose this neighborhood because it's not only close to Childhood but it's got more privacy than areas like the Upper East Side, Soho, or the Village; in the latter two you're far more likely to run into the paps. So maybe they limited themselves geographically.
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »

I found it. It's on 57th just west of Sutton Place.

Excellent researching job tgb!!!! Star Thumb up  That is a gorgeous area of the city
and well placed for their needs I'm sure.

It was all Google Street View 
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:53 AM »

^^^^^^Esther Angeline, I agree. Chris is older and Madeleine is probably the best he will ever do. I just think Chris is a rebound for Madeleine after Jonas and once she is over that humiliation and settles down a bit, she will be off to greener pastures out of sheer boredom with Chris. Chris seems like he is in a stage in life, 40s to 50s, where he wants to retire and relax for the long haul, all the excitement and drama of life is behind him now and he probably wants children and a cozy home life.

TGB,
I agree! I am familiar with upper east side apartments. My friends bought something similar and gutted it and tried to make it brighter and more modern, it costs them a small fortune to renovate it and they regret the investment. It is nice, but they aren't happy with the end result and are considering selling it and moving out of Manhattan for good. They had a second child after the renovation and the children are packed into one room.

Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:45 AM »

Thankyou tgb  Star and I sadly agree with you Clover  Star .  After the humiliation and fall out after Jonas, Madde needed SOMETHING to change.  I think she settled.  I feel bad for her and maybe worse for Chris.  I think he may be more hurt than her if things go South.

I agree with Clover, Madde is a very conflicted  individual she has not resolved or come to terms with her feelings of being a HRH, she hinds behind men in a relationship.  JB was well like by the world he completed the perfect couple image and she was willing to go along with everything till the press blew her dream world which was bless by he parents.  She is a lost child.

I agree Chris is the one who will be hurt, I remember reading some where that Chris picked out the songs and the number one song was....Lady don't hurt me by Haddway....to me very telling request for Song at your wedding

The apartment is not layed  out for a long term family. Very sad.  Pretty, rich and Born HRH and still not happy.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:07 AM »

1600 square feet for a outdoor space? That is nice. Madeleine really is quite lucky, she goes home to Sweden when she wants and gets all the benefits of the royal life then returns to New York and lives the life of what one member stated, the idle rich. Can shop to her hearts content and no one knows who she is or can report anything back to the Swedish public. I think marrying Chris was her way of justifying staying in New York.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »

I wonder how HRH feels about not living in a palace, must be an adjustment.

Smiley She's been living in small apartments since she moved out of her parents' palace in 2004 - so did Victoria before she married Daniel and Carl Philip before he moved in with Sofia.

Before she moved to NYC, Madeleine lived in a three room + kitchen apartment at the Royal Mews in Stockholm.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »

Am I the only one who's curious about the prize of this love nest? Whistle

Any guesses?

well, if i read the map correctly and the real estate price you find online are accurate their new place could have cost almost $ 4 Million  Yikes

http://corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/881111

but...give me a key to that place and I'd move in tomorrow 

Ooooh, gorgeous! That kitchen looks a bit Scandi, actually...The office could def. be a flex 3rd bedroom. It seemed from the overhead image there might be multiple penthouses but this floor plan shows they have the whole entire top floor with all the available terrace space.  That is a VERY nice apartment for New York -- esp. with that much outdoor space.

What's a Scandi kitchen?

Of course to me a "Scandi kitchen" means "a normal kitchen".  I still think that looks more like an American kitchen which I always find a bit exotic. Often (not always) the kitchen appliances look like they were made in the 1950s (because some like them like that) and I wonder if people are cooking for a family of giants because everything is so big! 

I love that apartment and would move in any day! It's a surprisingly normal apartment for a well-off couple (not hugely rich but doing well) and the terraces are to die for...  Drool Maybe they can convert the study into a nursery? I don't think they'll be accommodating anyone in their apartment so no need for a guest room and as for parties? Maybe a get-together for a couple of friends but I'd think they would rather just rent a place like a restaurant when they need to host a bigger event.

Remember the movie Green Card? That apartment used to be a dream of mine. That rooftop garden... This is not far behind it. If I lived in a huge city (and I just might in a couple of months) I would try my best to get even a small terrace above the roofs where I could grow stuff.

Here's the apartment from Green Card:

http://hookedonhouses.net...eenhouse-from-green-card/
http://thisamericanhome.b...-interior-green-card.html

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2013, 04:46:52 PM »

I think that huge gallery is wasted space but all in all ... the kitchen is small compared to the living room, but the garden is gorgeous!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 241   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: