Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 240   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine & Chris news  (Read 1106163 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #540 on: January 20, 2014, 08:53:32 PM »

Hmm...never thought of if articles in Svensk Damtidning generates articles in Expressen and Aftonbladet.... It could be so will try to look out for that now....
But I donīt know if Johan T Lindwall at Expressen would agree with that description....he takes a pride in him being the big breaking news court journalist at Expressen.....and I wouldnīt say that he is pro-Madde.....

Iīm currently re-reading the book he wrote about Princess Madeleine, because of this discussion here... Grin Oh how ridiculous one could be with the fascination of the Royals...well well I could allways go back to my Jane Austen fascination again instead.. Well sorry, back on topic well I re-read Lindwallīs book about Madeleine and well....it is not a flattering picture of her person that is given.

I do not know what kind of incitament Lindwall could have to make her in to a unsympaphetic person in his book...

However I have one thought about the media DARING to be more negative to Madleine and forced to be positive to Sophia - and that is: pragmatism.

Think about it:

Madde is on her way out.
Clearly leaving Sweden, she has "wrote herself out"(donīt know hat that legal term is in english, sorry think it is kind of "emigrate") from Sweden officialy by applying to "be written out" at the tax authorities.

Well this among a lot of other things indicates that she will not be an active or more important part of the royal family anymore.....Well then the journalist do not need to have a good relationship with her anymore... Madde is on her way out - no more use of her...

Soifa at the other side is on her way in....and she and CP seems to be staying in Sweden, wanting to "work" for the Royal Family....they will be here...be part of the top of the wedding cake in Sweden....the press will need photos and interviews with them for years to come....sure better to keep a decent decent and nice  relatonship with Sofia that are here...that will continue to be here.

I think it is more of that pragmatic strategy that the press uses than some "deal" with Sofia... Does it make sense?

It makes a lot of sense Yes I want to add that Johan T Lindwall is so full of himself that there's little room for common sense or fact finding. In other words: he's a crap reporter. During the visit Madde had, before Christmas, he made a short filmed news update for one of the main papers (Expressen tv? Aftonbladet tv? I can't remember, but we discussed it "live" here on RD) and he made one error after another. I think this is something, you can find in the countries where there's little real debate about the monarchies: certain journalists/reporters "take over" and become the go-to person on royal news and they don't need to work very hard before their stories becomes facts. I would not trust his stores longer than they take to read.
LillaMy

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2014, 09:17:41 PM »

Hmm...never thought of if articles in Svensk Damtidning generates articles in Expressen and Aftonbladet.... It could be so will try to look out for that now....
But I donīt know if Johan T Lindwall at Expressen would agree with that description....he takes a pride in him being the big breaking news court journalist at Expressen.....and I wouldnīt say that he is pro-Madde.....

Iīm currently re-reading the book he wrote about Princess Madeleine, because of this discussion here... Grin Oh how ridiculous one could be with the fascination of the Royals...well well I could allways go back to my Jane Austen fascination again instead.. Well sorry, back on topic well I re-read Lindwallīs book about Madeleine and well....it is not a flattering picture of her person that is given.

I do not know what kind of incitament Lindwall could have to make her in to a unsympaphetic person in his book...

However I have one thought about the media DARING to be more negative to Madleine and forced to be positive to Sophia - and that is: pragmatism.

Think about it:

Madde is on her way out.
Clearly leaving Sweden, she has "wrote herself out"(donīt know hat that legal term is in english, sorry think it is kind of "emigrate") from Sweden officialy by applying to "be written out" at the tax authorities.

Well this among a lot of other things indicates that she will not be an active or more important part of the royal family anymore.....Well then the journalist do not need to have a good relationship with her anymore... Madde is on her way out - no more use of her...

Soifa at the other side is on her way in....and she and CP seems to be staying in Sweden, wanting to "work" for the Royal Family....they will be here...be part of the top of the wedding cake in Sweden....the press will need photos and interviews with them for years to come....sure better to keep a decent decent and nice  relatonship with Sofia that are here...that will continue to be here.

I think it is more of that pragmatic strategy that the press uses than some "deal" with Sofia... Does it make sense?

It makes a lot of sense Yes I want to add that Johan T Lindwall is so full of himself that there's little room for common sense or fact finding. In other words: he's a crap reporter. During the visit Madde had, before Christmas, he made a short filmed news update for one of the main papers (Expressen tv? Aftonbladet tv? I can't remember, but we discussed it "live" here on RD) and he made one error after another. I think this is something, you can find in the countries where there's little real debate about the monarchies: certain journalists/reporters "take over" and become the go-to person on royal news and they don't need to work very hard before their stories becomes facts. I would not trust his stores longer than they take to read.

Well I read Lindwall with a big grain of salt if you know what I mean.....but not even he would dare to name other journalists like Swedish Televisionīs Agneta Bolme as by name as a person that Madeleine well in to her twenites have started to cry before then she "had" to give official interviews for SVT for "The year with the Royal Family"
Or to tell the name of the restaurant there Madde used to lunch in Stockholm there she always asked for something that was not on the menu that day....
 the staff felt embaressed....until the day she came there said "Oh no melon salad? Oh what a pity....I so fancied a melon salad....I had a lovely salad woth melon at XXX, but you donīt have that I see. The staff was tired of her every time asking for something that was not on the menu so they had a waiter in stand by posistion at the nearby foodmarket on Östermalm who they phoned. He bought melons runed back to the restaurant and they brought in a huge plate of melons to Madeleine and said that oh after all we had melons...
 Well a bit ridiculous example perhaps but I think it says something of a persons character to demand something else than what is on the menu...time after time after time....and I do not think that Lindwall would dare to write the name of the restaurant if it was not true....

But yeah he is full of himself - I think he would ove to be royal himself.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: January 21, 2014, 04:06:02 AM »

I wonder if this negative info Sophia spins on Madde  is payback for Madde  never accepting her in the beginning ( or perhaps now?). 

Also , i think if Madde had moved anywhere else than the US and had not married an Anglo American there would not be this uproar over her title.  Between Snake and anti US sentiment, Madde can't win.  JMO , of course.
Baron Brockdorf

Medium Member

Malta Malta

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: March 02, 2014, 12:46:01 AM »

Madeleine, Chris, Leonore and Zorro today in New York
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/...adeleine&service[]=1&service[]=2&service[]=3&service[]=4&service[]=5&service[]=6
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: March 02, 2014, 03:24:38 AM »

Does anyone know why the King's name is split such as: Carl 16 Gustaf?  Ie why split his name like that?
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: March 02, 2014, 03:33:28 AM »

Does anyone know why the King's name is split such as: Carl 16 Gustaf?  Ie why split his name like that?

As I understand it....he is the 16 member of the family to be named Carl,  many are have the combination of Carl as first or middle name.  Someone correct me if need be.  Smiley
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: March 02, 2014, 03:41:29 AM »

But there have also been numerous Gustafs right?  Why aren't they numbered?
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: March 02, 2014, 03:57:42 AM »

Yes, you are correct, many Gustafs.   

Good question, why they are not numbered?

Sorry can not answer than one, however I would like to know what the deal is with names corresponding with numbers.

Someone let us know.

Smiley
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: March 02, 2014, 04:15:59 AM »

It's only the very first name that counts.

CG claims to be the sixtienth King of Sweden to be named Carl/Karl. The funny part here is that the number 16 is based on historical errors. Sweden has only had 9 Kings named Carl prior to CG, so CG's regnal name should actually be Carl X Gustaf, but that's a story for another thread... Smiley

I found a Swedish article about it here: http://www.sydsvenskan.se...jen/fel-nummer-pa-kungen/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:55:46 AM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: March 02, 2014, 08:00:52 AM »

Madeleine, Chris, Leonore and Zorro today in New York
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/...adeleine&service[]=1&service[]=2&service[]=3&service[]=4&service[]=5&service[]=6

Thank you! Star

Funny, it seems as if they switched dog and pram after seeing the photographer. Did they do that to show the Swedes what a wonderful daddy Chris is?  Tongue

(Sorry, Iīm just joking, I read in a swedish article about Chris he should do that (to show himself in public pushing the pram) to endear himself to the Swedes.  Laugh bounce )
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:08:01 AM by Lovis » Logged
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: March 02, 2014, 08:10:18 AM »

Deleted
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: March 02, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »

They should give them a break now. We have seen them, had an interview, got some pictures.

It will be interesting to see if Madde intensfies her role again ... now with Leonor being offically the "spare spare".
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: March 02, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »

They should give them a break now. We have seen them, had an interview, got some pictures.

It will be interesting to see if Madde intensfies her role again ... now with Leonor being offically the "spare spare".

ITA, I wonder how much longer the photographers want to hang around there. Confused
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2014, 05:46:42 PM »

I think they will back off, soon. We have seen Madde, Chris, the baby, them doing usual family stuff (first walk, etc.). Madde's m-i-l has visited and bought herself a pair of expensive shoes. So that is everyday stuff now - not worth to create headlines.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: March 06, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »

Some newspapers have published pics of M & C's apartment. They probably have done some redecorating but you get the idea.

I wonder if these really are pictures of the apartment we saw earlier. Some things don't match.  Thinking

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 240   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: