Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 245   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine & Chris news  (Read 1247408 times)
ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »

I like Chris  Secret

I like him too.  I actually think he is a nice guy and he was emotional on his wedding day. Bless him. 
     But I feel sorry for him too. I don't trust Madde , especially the way she up and left Sweden after her failed
     engagement and went to live in NYC. Chris is convenient and safe for her at the moment as is living so
     far from Sweden and the bad memories too.  IMO 
     I hope I am wrong !!!!

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »

Anyone know what the tatttoo on Chris's arm/shoulder is please?

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »

http://translate.google.c...client%3Dsafari%26hl%3Den

Expressen article saying Chris will spend sometime working for the royal family.

Hope not I prefer him having his own career.  Not sure how this will work out, part in the family business part out of the family business just like Madeline pick and choose activity.   This might work for them as a couple.
Sometime in Sweden and sometime in NYC.    I think the court is trying to figure this princess couple thing out.

Smiley
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2013, 06:43:53 AM »

She should do her work on her own; she is after all perfectly able and he has a career he has to maintain if he's going to be able to maintain her.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »

Expressen article saying Chris will spend sometime working for the royal family.

Hope not I prefer him having his own career.  Not sure how this will work out, part in the family business part out of the family business just like Madeline pick and choose activity.   This might work for them as a couple.
Sometime in Sweden and sometime in NYC.    I think the court is trying to figure this princess couple thing out.

Smiley

Thanks Bunnyluv Star I think you meant to link to this article?
http://www.expressen.se/n...lir-chris-nya-familjeliv/

Expressen is excited about old news. It's summer.....
When they announced the engagement, the court said Chris would attend events with Madeleine
Will Christopher O'Neill represent Sweden in any capacity?
Christopher O'Neill will support his wife in her official engagements.

Will Christopher O'Neill attend events together with the Royal Family?
Christopher O'Neill will accompany his wife at those events that she and the Royal Family would be expected to be involved in.
http://www.kungahuset.se/...a62ce13848168ac52afc.html

and in May, Chris told Aftonbladet "I'm learning to represent Sweden."
http://www.aftonbladet.se...llopet/article16744078.ab

In the Expressen article, Ternert confirms Chris will represent with Madeleine, so he will be able to continue his career - my guess is, he'll only attend the Nobels and galas with Len now and then.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »

She should do her work on her own; she is after all perfectly able and he has a career he has to maintain if he's going to be able to maintain her.

ITA - I really belive he has a serious job. I also believe she is just Michey Mousing with Childhood so all he has to do is go to some charity dinners with her that she has some photo opts and that the money from Sweden keeps coming.
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »

Hope not I prefer him having his own career.  Not sure how this will work out, part in the family business part out of the family business just like Madeline pick and choose activity.   This might work for them as a couple.
Sometime in Sweden and sometime in NYC.    I think the court is trying to figure this princess couple thing out.

Smiley

Thanks Bunnyluv Star I think you meant to link to this article?
http://www.expressen.se/n...lir-chris-nya-familjeliv/

Expressen is excited about old news. It's summer.....
When they announced the engagement, the court said Chris would attend events with Madeleine
Will Christopher O'Neill represent Sweden in any capacity?
Christopher O'Neill will support his wife in her official engagements.

Will Christopher O'Neill attend events together with the Royal Family?
Christopher O'Neill will accompany his wife at those events that she and the Royal Family would be expected to be involved in.
http://www.kungahuset.se/...a62ce13848168ac52afc.html

and in May, Chris told Aftonbladet "I'm learning to represent Sweden."
http://www.aftonbladet.se...llopet/article16744078.ab

In the Expressen article, Ternert confirms Chris will represent with Madeleine, so he will be able to continue his career - my guess is, he'll only attend the Nobels and galas with Len now and then.

Hug Thanks my13, sometimes I get the links right and sometimes not.  Rerun of old stuff I guess.  Just don't want hubby to get lost in Madde profile, he needs his own work to keep him from being consume by his wife's profile.

Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2013, 06:40:59 AM »

Interview with Madde and Chris from SVD, hope this works.
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »

http://www.aftonbladet.se...yheter/article17133552.ab

Aftonbladet is writing about the article in SvD. Swedish not English , problems with translator .
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »

Thanks Bunnyluv, there you go Smiley
http://www.svd.se/nyheter...ine-och-chris_8346610.svd

Interesting, they gave the interview to SvD, a newspaper that usually doesn't cover the royals (except "big" news like weddings). Maybe they wanted to be treated seriously, but the headline for the interview on SvD's website is "The honeymoon: 'It destroyed everything'". Whistle

Part 1, I'll translate the rest of it later.

The summer is offering one of the most beautiful and sunny days at Solliden in Öland when Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill meet us on the terrace outside the so-called green room, furnished with fantastic colorful 1970s furniture which the king and queen received as gifts from the Swedish people .

The honeymoon to Seychelles is over. But they are still "in paradise," as Madeleine says.

"In a way, you could say that it is continuing, though we are back in Sweden."

Although Chris has started working a little.

"I'm sitting in front of a computer during part of the day, which means that I know the honeymoon, unfortunately, is over."

Madeleine, too, is kick-starting and working long-distance on the "Thank you" campaign for the Childhood Foundation, which will be launched in late August when she and Chris return to everyday life in New York.

The possibility of using modern technology to work wherever you are makes it easier for a couple who are often on the move. But during their honeymoon, they chose to disconnect.

"We decided to turn off all cell phones and computers," says Madeleine.

The couple met through mutual friends.

"The first time we met was a few years ago in New York. At that time, we lived completely separate lives. Madeleine had friends who had moved to New York whom she went to visit sometimes. And sometimes you came with other friends just to be in New York. During this period, we encountered each other from time to time at various events and dinners through mutual friends and acquaintances," says Chris.

In the late summer of 2010, Madeleine moved to New York more permanently to work at Childhood's U.S. office. During the previous spring, she had lived in the city to get away from Sweden after she and her then fiancé broke their engagement.

"Just before you moved to New York more permanently, in September 2010, we met again by chance. It was a mutual friend who had invited a bunch of friends to his house for a long weekend. After that, we kept in touch and started to meet. Then it grew slowly, slowly," says Chris.

"It started as a friendship that grew into something more," says Madeleine.

The conversation is in English. The answers are addressed sometimes to me and sometimes to each other. They are merry, relaxed, and constantly interject things in each other's answers and bicker in a loving way.

"I didn't know from the start that Madeleine was a princess from Sweden. But of course I learned it very quickly. Obviously, it would have been different if we had met in Sweden. New York is a city full of people who 'are someone' somewhere. It is a very equal ground, which I like," says Chris.

When did you two know that this was something more serious?

"If you ask me, immediately," said Chris, and laughs. "Above all, it was when we started to spend time together without other people so we could become closer to each other."

"For me, it took a little longer. But I came from a long relationship that had lasted for 8 years, so it was also nice to be single for a little," says Madeleine.

During the autumn, their friendship and blooming love had successfully stayed within the circle of their closest friends. But on 16 January 2011, a cellphone video circulated around the world. It was a Spanish tourist who had managed to capture the couple on film when they were at The Boathouse in Central Park.

"I remember that it was cold outside, and we went in to drink something warm. We were at The Boat House for 10 minutes. Then the film was out."

"Because we had been dating for months, Madeleine had slowly begun to prepare me for what would happen when it became known, outside our little group, that we were dating. Very quickly, it escalated into something intense."
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »

My13 thanks  Star, wondering if Aftonblat is adding new material or rehashing the SvD, most likely putting their own spin on what the couple said.

Interesting that the interview was conducted with the papers who did the least bashing of the couple.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »

You're welcome Bunnyluv Star Aftonbladet just summarizes and quotes the SvD interview.

Part 2

Two years after they became a couple, Chris proposed to Madeleine. On October 25, the royal house announced the engagement on its Facebook page, complemented with a film where at the end, Madeleine let out a little "teehee", which quickly spread through social media and became the autumn's "säg." (?)

Engagement video: http://www.kungahuset.se/...a62ce13848168ac52a75.html

"Yes, it was terrible," says Madeleine and laughs.

Was it an accident?

"It's a thing we have in the family. We make very different sounds for us, and Chris often jokes with me about it. The funny thing is that we saw the film ourselves without reacting," continues Madeleine.

When the wedding planning started - in addition to involving massive logistics, as a royal wedding does - it was very much about the choice between public and private. A discussion that goes back to the conversation with the newlyweds, where they chose what they call a middle way.

"For us, it was obvious that the wedding would be in Sweden and that part of it would be televised so the Swedish people could take part in it."

I sat in the Royal Chapel and saw you make your entrance. That moment when one collects oneself, takes a deep breath, and goes out, and I wondered: "What are they thinking now?"

"I remember," says Chris.

"That you almost fainted," Madeleine fills in.

"Yes, actually. That I almost fainted in five minutes. It is overwhelming for all grooms to stand before family and friends. Seeing the people you love most in the world sit and watch you. Then you have the TV cameras and cameramen. The first few minutes, I remember thinking, 'Please, don't faint, please don't faint.' But then when the doors opened and I saw Madeleine, all that disappeared. Then it was just her."

"For me, it was also very special. It was so beautiful with all the children singing. I thought I would be nervous, but I was surprisingly calm. I think when you know what you want in life, then you're calm," says Madeleine.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:45:42 PM by My13 » Logged
winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »

What is a "Tihi" .....a fart!!  Confused

Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »

It was a really good interview with Madeleine and Chris. I wish they had given it at the time of the engagement to stop all the speculations and questions at that time.
It is a bit sad to read that Chris don't get any training och help with his new role. I guess that goes for Sophia Hellqvist also, and I don't think that is very wise of the royal family to do to their new family members.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »

What is a "Tihi" .....a fart!!  Confused

Madeleine's fake sounding giggle in the engagement video - she actually said "teehee". I edited the translation and added the video. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 245   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: