Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Paola and King Albert II.  (Read 54162 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2019, 07:35:38 PM »

Happy anniversary Yes

The picture of the church, with the men sitting on one side and all the women on this other makes me realize how long ago this wedding was.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

"Near catastrophic"

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2019, 07:49:24 PM »

Yep, congratulations, Paola and Albert on a long stable marriage interspersed with rare moments of fidelity. Your eldest son is an absolute credit to his aunt and uncle

Cool your jets, everyone
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2019, 07:53:47 PM »

Yep, congratulations, Paola and Albert on a long stable marriage interspersed with rare moments of fidelity. Your eldest son is an absolute credit to his aunt and uncle

Star
karma chamelion

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2019, 02:30:37 AM »

Stable marriage? This marriage may have started and ended stably but for the most part it's been conflict, incompatibility and unsuitable behavior. I see no reason to congratulate them. Perhaps Albert can celebrate by submitting to a DNA sample? Then I'll celebrate.
TexasBear

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2019, 02:51:51 AM »

Stable marriage? This marriage may have started and ended stably but for the most part it's been conflict, incompatibility and unsuitable behavior. I see no reason to congratulate them. Perhaps Albert can celebrate by submitting to a DNA sample? Then I'll celebrate.

FC was being humorous.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

"Near catastrophic"

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2019, 08:43:38 AM »

FC was being humorous.

I was certainly trying to be...

Cool your jets, everyone
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2019, 06:56:50 PM »

Perhaps Albert can celebrate by submitting to a DNA sample? Then I'll celebrate.
Star
Dresstoimpress

Small Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2022, 09:38:59 PM »

Queen Paola is apparently planning her own documentary 'in the near future'. It will be broadcasted on RTBF.
Yesterday a news article appeared in Paris Match. I haven't read it but Paola admits having been very unhappy for almost a decade (between 1970-1980) untill according to her Albert told her he had always loved her.

Basically; we're having a bit of a public catfight between Paola & Sibylle at the moment it seems  Secret. Both of them are claiming Albert's love.

It's sad and yet beautiful at the same time if that makes any sense.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2022, 11:38:32 PM »

Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2023, 10:09:55 AM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/24...-naar-ziekenhuis-gebracht

Loosely translated as:

NOS News

Today, 08:37

Belgian King Albert (89) became unwell and was taken to hospital

King Albert of Belgium (89) became unwell this morning and was taken to hospital. Because the king is showing signs of dehydration, he is said to have been hospitalized as a precaution.

The king is being examined in hospital and is conscious, writes VRT News. How long he has to stay there depends on the results of the investigations.

King Albert and Queen Paola live in Belvédère Castle in Laeken. From there the king was taken to the hospital.

Albert was king from 1993 to 2013. On 21 July 2013, Belgium's national holiday, he abdicated to be succeeded by his son Filip. Unlike in the Netherlands, the king retains his title after abdication.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2023, 10:14:09 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/konings...enomen-in-ziekenhuis.html

Loosely translated as:

Former Belgian king Albert (89) admitted to hospital with dehydration

By Danja Koeleman
Jun 27, 2023 at 8:40 AM
Update: a minute ago

Albert, the 89-year-old former king of Belgium, became unwell on Tuesday morning and was taken to hospital. The Belgian Palace has informed VRT NWS.
The former monarch showed signs of dehydration. He has been admitted as a precaution. Albert is said to be conscious and is currently being examined. He is a heart patient and has previously had heart surgery.

Albert married the Italian Paola in 1959. They had three children. Delphine Boël is his daughter from an extramarital affair. The former king long denied that he is her biological father, but acknowledged her as a daughter in 2020.

Albert became king in 1993. He succeeded his deceased brother Boudewijn, who had no children and therefore no heir to the throne. He abdicated after twenty years as king. His eldest son Filip took over the throne in 2013. Albert is still called king in Belgium.

Albert's son, King Philippe, has postponed a visit to Ghent University that was scheduled for Tuesday. He would talk about topics such as the environment and sustainability.
loveofenglishtradition

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2023, 07:01:14 PM »

Former king Albert was pictured leaving the hospital today, accompanied by his wife Paola

https://www.ppe-agency.co...arch=05-07-2023%20Belgium
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2023, 09:50:18 PM »

Dehydration and UTIs are the curse of old people, I think. Really important to stay on top of both. Which are, BTW, often related.
Celia

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2023, 12:44:54 AM »

Dehydration and UTIs are the curse of old people, I think. Really important to stay on top of both. Which are, BTW, often related.

Apparently he's back in with a blood infection.  That doesn't sound good, especially at his age.
CyrilSebastian

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Today at 12:46:08 AM »

King Albert II and Queen Paola in Chateauneuf De Gras, France on August 13, 1993   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/124053049
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: