Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Philippe & Queen Mathilde  (Read 517162 times)
Pulsatilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1800 on: July 20, 2019, 07:22:47 AM »

King Philippe & Queen Mathilde will pay a State Visit to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg from 15 to 17 October 2019.

Looking forward to it!

The chances are higher that they will bring Elisabeth than Guillaume or Steph showing up.

Although it would be nice to see Elisabeth with a tiara for the first time, I don't think she will be present. It is her last year at school in Wales and her parents certainly put her education above all. Philippe and Mathilde don't strike me as that kind of royals who pretend that their kids are "normal" and at the same time take them out of school when it pleases them (Norway) or abuse of their position to get her kids into a concert which wasn't allowed for other kids (the oh so down to earth and nice Victoria  Dead Nono).
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1801 on: July 20, 2019, 10:03:54 AM »

I agree, I don't think that Elisabeth will be present. First of all she has school, and second I think that her parents' wise plan to show her the ropes, so to speak, of her future role includes above all the "real" work, such as the Unicef mission with Mathilde, while the glamorous parts, like tiara events and the likes, may well wait.  
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1802 on: July 20, 2019, 11:14:18 AM »

I agree, I don't think that Elisabeth will be present. First of all she has school, and second I think that her parents' wise plan to show her the ropes, so to speak, of her future role includes above all the "real" work, such as the Unicef mission with Mathilde, while the glamorous parts, like tiara events and the likes, may well wait. 

I would not be surprised if she is there - the lux royals are family so it is different to other State Visits - but I'd be surprised if she was at formal dinners in a tiara
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1803 on: July 20, 2019, 11:31:48 AM »

Linus is not going to miss this. She loves royals and they are from Belgium, no way she misses this. It is just events that include dirty peasants that she misses, as for example, the international forum her MIL made for the survivors.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1804 on: July 20, 2019, 03:51:24 PM »

King Philippe & Queen Mathilde will pay a State Visit to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg from 15 to 17 October 2019.

Looking forward to it!

The chances are higher that they will bring Elisabeth than Guillaume or Steph showing up.

Although it would be nice to see Elisabeth with a tiara for the first time, I don't think she will be present. It is her last year at school in Wales and her parents certainly put her education above all. Philippe and Mathilde don't strike me as that kind of royals who pretend that their kids are "normal" and at the same time take them out of school when it pleases them (Norway) or abuse of their position to get her kids into a concert which wasn't allowed for other kids (the oh so down to earth and nice Victoria  Dead Nono).

I also don't think she'll be present. As you say Philippe and Mathilde put duty before fun.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1805 on: July 20, 2019, 03:55:36 PM »

Linus is not going to miss this. She loves royals and they are from Belgium, no way she misses this. It is just events that include dirty peasants that she misses, as for example, the international forum her MIL made for the survivors.

We will see. I'm just fed up with the lazy Lux children, who're just picking out the best events for them.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1806 on: July 22, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »

Perhaps I am wrong about that, but my Miss Fairies would so much rather do a humanitarian trip to Kenia or visit a fire Brigade than to go to a formal dinner with people at least as old as Mom and Dad (with just a couple of boring younger ones thrown in).
I am quite pursuaded that Elisabeth did not have to be pushed or convinced too hard to come along to Kenia with her mother, this is exactly what a lot of younger people would very much like to do. (hence the gap year crowds) but a dinner with most likely elderly statespeople asking idiotish questions for an endless duration of an endless and tasteless meal?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1807 on: July 22, 2019, 10:33:17 AM »

Also, Elisabeth has outworked Gui and Stef combined this year so she deserves to put her feet up

Currently visualizing my highest self
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1808 on: July 22, 2019, 11:23:25 AM »

We will see. I'm just fed up with the lazy Lux children, who're just picking out the best events for them.
Meeting famous people/royals/nobles seems to be a thing Linus loves. But to be fair to the Lux kids, not all of them pick only the nice events. Sebastien attended the memorial event for the soldiers that were killed in February and he went to the funeral (together with one of Guillaume's sons) of his grandfather's cousin the day before his own grandfather was burried. I guess we might see some of Henri's kids attending this visit because it is a family visit as well but I think they will only attend the dinners and not the daytime events. Not sure if the Belgians bring their kids, would be a bit embarrassing for Gui and Linus to be outworked by the 18 year old crown princess.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1809 on: August 07, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »

On 31 August 2019, the Dutch & Belgian royal couples will celebrate the 75th anniversary of  the liberation of the Netherlands & the Battle of the Scheldt in Terneuzen, Holland.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1810 on: August 19, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »

Phil meeting the Red Panthers hockey team

And the Red Lions:

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1811 on: September 04, 2019, 07:07:53 PM »

Behind the scenes photos for a forthcoming series, "Thank you for the Music" which honours people through music. It's linked to the Music Connects part of the Mathilde Fund

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1812 on: September 04, 2019, 09:32:47 PM »

With Mathilde it's really the case that she wholeheartedly and generally enjoys her engagements. It doesn't look like work for her, but a naturally meeting good friends.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1813 on: September 05, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »

Til n Phil on a visit to Hainaut. Til looks great in that colour

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1814 on: September 05, 2019, 07:52:25 PM »