Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Philippe & Queen Mathilde  (Read 643382 times)
Todayonly

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: October 15, 2020, 08:56:45 PM »

This is very heartwarming to see and I like the awkwardness it is real I would imagine. Good for Phil to do this it is surprising because he has no obligation really but clearly he and the queen are in a good place personally and in terms of their family to be able to reach out to their "new" sister. Good for Delphine to go. I can't imagine how difficult and probably kind of fun it was for them to meet you know compare genetic notes in their faces and personalities. I hope for the best for them. I feel that the king and queen understand deeply how important a sense of family and belonging are and they use their faith and good sense to share that with Delphine. I love the flowers and the china on the wall.

Yes, I agree about the awkwardness being 100% real.  My mother met her sister for the first time 2 years ago, though you always have a hope of how meetings are amongst long lost family members, the truth is, it's kind of awkward.  You're strangers, yet, you're family and you want a closeness to be there, but that's only gained with time.  (My mother was given up to an orphanage ((1945)) then her mother's family came and got her, her mother never acknowledged her until she was 32 and she never met her father.  The sister she met is her Dad's youngest child.)
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: October 15, 2020, 08:57:59 PM »

I'm wondering if they are all considering this as a "f*** you" to Albert. He hasn't exactly been an upstanding guy throughout her whole ordeal or in the lives of his "legitimate" children either. This has been going on for so long so it's not exactly a shock right now.

Anybody with eyes can see how much Delphine resembles others in the family. I would hope Philippe, Astrid and Laurent would at least be mildly curious about their sibling. I don't know if any of them have any particular loyalty to their mother where they would be offended by Delphine's existence on her behalf. Of course it would be awkward but at a base level there must be curiosity.

Delphine looks exactly like her paternal grandmother, so I always found it really weird how Albert was contesting her paternity. As for your comment regarding the loyalty to Paola, I will agree that this is a fair point to make, especially since Delphine doesn't seem to be the product of a fling. But my opinion is that whatever Delphine's mother and Albert did is on them, and Paola must be angry with them, but not Delphine because in the end she had nothing to do with that. She's an independent person, and I would like to think that Paola wouldn't want to deprive her children from meeting their sister out of spite.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: October 15, 2020, 09:23:35 PM »

I'm wondering if they are all considering this as a "f*** you" to Albert. He hasn't exactly been an upstanding guy throughout her whole ordeal or in the lives of his "legitimate" children either. This has been going on for so long so it's not exactly a shock right now.

Anybody with eyes can see how much Delphine resembles others in the family. I would hope Philippe, Astrid and Laurent would at least be mildly curious about their sibling. I don't know if any of them have any particular loyalty to their mother where they would be offended by Delphine's existence on her behalf. Of course it would be awkward but at a base level there must be curiosity.

I think King Phil's approach to kingship is to imagine what Albert would do in any situation, and do the opposite. He prioritises his family, loves his wife, and doesn't seem to generate any unnecessary controversy.

What's most impressive is that Phil is clearly a shy man and I don't think would have picked this role if he had any choice, but he has a sense of duty and does his best.

And I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he didn't reach out to Delphine, but he has, and it's a kind, correct, sensible action

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: October 15, 2020, 09:33:07 PM »

This is lovely to see!

Delphine looks quite emotional, I wonder if tears were shed between them?

Philippe had demonstrated his suitability for being King so well in this move. He has acted with dignity, maturity and honesty. On this board we've always said how almost boring Phil, Til and the Wafflets are, but they really do set a wonderful example. I am sure that the Belgian people are proud of their royal family (well the main six anyway!).
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: October 15, 2020, 09:37:06 PM »

I think it really was Phil's genuine wish to meet Delphine. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if it is also a subtle way of revenge to his more than lousy father.
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: October 15, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »

I think the picture is less akward when you see it in full :

IMHO, Delphine seems quite relax when Philippe seems more stressed. But he's a shy man. And him having his fists clenched is not inusual.
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.n...26609c85312e2d57ffe115489
https://www.thebulletin.b...age-157503583-800x800.jpg
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: October 15, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »

This is lovely to see!

Delphine looks quite emotional, I wonder if tears were shed between them?

Philippe had demonstrated his suitability for being King so well in this move. He has acted with dignity, maturity and honesty. On this board we've always said how almost boring Phil, Til and the Wafflets are, but they really do set a wonderful example. I am sure that the Belgian people are proud of their royal family (well the main six anyway!).

*Early #teamgoodwaffle adopter over here*

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: October 15, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »

Phil and Delphine have met. What an egocentric and noble gesture.

Joint communication of the King and Princess Delphine:

On Friday 9 October, we met each other for the first time at the Castle of Laken. It was a warm encounter. This long and rich discussion gave us the opportunity to learn to know each other. We talked about our respective lives and areas of shared interest. This bond will further develop within the family setting.

Philippe & Delphine

Noble indeed..
This is great really and right thing to do. I am more and more impresses with Philippe

Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: October 15, 2020, 10:13:04 PM »

I know a lot of people actually see this gesture as a 'f***k you' to his father.
But could he actually maybe, just maybe, be paving the way to mend bridges?
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2199 on: October 15, 2020, 11:37:31 PM »

Wow. Really impressed by Phil - seems like a tough thing to do and something he had no obligation to make happen. I imagine, even though the blame lies with Albert, it had to be difficult to reach out to Delphine since she's kept this in the news so much (she had no obligation to keep quiet but I'd imagine Phil and the others kind of wish she did). He's definitely a kind soul and seems to have taken after his uncle much more than his parents luckily.
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: October 16, 2020, 01:03:26 AM »

Wow. Really impressed by Phil - seems like a tough thing to do and something he had no obligation to make happen. I imagine, even though the blame lies with Albert, it had to be difficult to reach out to Delphine since she's kept this in the news so much (she had no obligation to keep quiet but I'd imagine Phil and the others kind of wish she did). He's definitely a kind soul and seems to have taken after his uncle much more than his parents luckily.

Indeed. I'd like to think he looked at his parents, and then at his aunt and uncle, and decided whose example to follow.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: October 16, 2020, 06:01:47 AM »

Very impressed by this gesture and I hope that this first meeting will lead to a second and a third and so on. Champagne
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2202 on: October 16, 2020, 06:31:58 AM »

This is very heartwarming to see and I like the awkwardness it is real I would imagine. Good for Phil to do this it is surprising because he has no obligation really but clearly he and the queen are in a good place personally and in terms of their family to be able to reach out to their "new" sister. Good for Delphine to go. I can't imagine how difficult and probably kind of fun it was for them to meet you know compare genetic notes in their faces and personalities. I hope for the best for them. I feel that the king and queen understand deeply how important a sense of family and belonging are and they use their faith and good sense to share that with Delphine. I love the flowers and the china on the wall.
Thumb up

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: October 16, 2020, 06:34:53 AM »

I think King Phil's approach to kingship is to imagine what Albert would do in any situation, and do the opposite. He prioritises his family, loves his wife, and doesn't seem to generate any unnecessary controversy.

What's most impressive is that Phil is clearly a shy man and I don't think would have picked this role if he had any choice, but he has a sense of duty and does his best.

And I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he didn't reach out to Delphine, but he has, and it's a kind, correct, sensible action
Beer

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2204 on: October 16, 2020, 07:51:56 AM »

I am very impressed with Philippe.  Champagne  Whether or not the gesture was some sort of signal to his father, I see this as the act of a very decent man.  It is also a very sensible and timely act, since it is better to deal with the issue of "will they or won't they meet" at an early time like this rather than let it drag on.  All parties can now move on. 
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: