Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Philippe & Queen Mathilde  (Read 643309 times)
YellowPoppy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2205 on: October 16, 2020, 08:08:31 AM »

Phil and Delphine have met. What an egocentric and noble gesture.

Joint communication of the King and Princess Delphine:

On Friday 9 October, we met each other for the first time at the Castle of Laken. It was a warm encounter. This long and rich discussion gave us the opportunity to learn to know each other. We talked about our respective lives and areas of shared interest. This bond will further develop within the family setting.

Philippe & Delphine

I meant altruistic, of course. (Babe is teething and I'm working a lot, so I'm running on few hours of sleep  Sweating )

Once you are Real you can?t be ugly, except to people who don?t understand. - The Velveteen Rabbit
Tsarina

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2206 on: October 16, 2020, 08:28:28 AM »

Philippe is too good for this world, he really is Good King Phil. Such a tough situation and facing it head on and being open about it, wonderful.
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2207 on: October 16, 2020, 11:04:57 AM »

Hmmmm, the body language in that photo... but good for them! Neither of them is responsible for their father's actions so there's no good reason to hold it against each other.
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #2208 on: October 16, 2020, 11:15:21 AM »

That's Good King Phil, guys.

I'm pretty sure he invited Delphine - possibly nudged by Good Queen Til - because Delphine was very clear in her press conference and other statements that she wasn't expecting anything and wouldn't force herself towards him.

These two are family.

Who in this world would not want to at least meet a hitherto unknown or unofficial sibling, even if the veracity of the connection had to be forced through Justice in a very public manner? Who would ignore, or worse, deny, someone who is half you?

Such a large part of our selves, our characer, is 'pre-programmed' by our genes (much more than you'd expect), by our 'physical heritage'. I bet these two have plenty of similarities, even in movements.

Besides, IIRC Baudouin and Fabiola, childless yet very kind-hearted towards children, played a large role in Phil's life when his parents were otherwise engaged. B&F must have taught him the importance of being kind and forgiving.

After Baudouin died, the throne could have gone straight to Philippe since Albert was already 60 yrs old. In fact, Philippe had been preparing (and was educated) for this role since it was clear that Baudouin and Fabiola would remain childless. Yet, when Baudouin died, Philippe was still unmarried and considered not too bright and rather awkward (so not (yet) king-material), and his dad took what he (as a second son with 60 years of ennui under his belt) deemed his (and which, technically, indeed was his), and ascended the throne (that actually sounds quite GoT-ish) in 1993.

With his dad kinging along, Phil got engaged and married within the span of 3 months in 1999, got four wonderful wafflets (I'm tooootally stanning Liz the Soldier right now), with his very boring, but absolute ace of a wife GQ Til, lost quite a bit of his awkwardness (maybe all he needed was a good shag, right?), and STILL had to wait until 2013 to become king.

Phil turned 60 this spring (yes he did), but is more youthful after 7 years on the job and has so much more energy compared to his dad had at that age (ok Albert has heart problems).

Anyhoo, IMO Delphine is not the calculating nor evil kind, and meeting with her sibling is a very healing experience for her.

Just my 2 eurocents.

Oh and about the house plants: theyre bulbs, namely parrot tulips on the right and fritillaria (we call this variety lapwing flower, kievietsbloem) on the left. The bell-shaped flowers are supposed to hang like that. The flowers may be artificial, but could also be raised early (if you store bulbs cold to pretend it's winter, you can make them bloom any time of the year).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 11:24:54 AM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2209 on: October 16, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »

That's Good King Phil, guys.

I'm pretty sure he invited Delphine - possibly nudged by Good Queen Til - because Delphine was very clear in her press conference and other statements that she wasn't expecting anything and wouldn't force herself towards him.

These two are family.

Who in this world would not want to at least meet a hitherto unknown or unofficial sibling, even if the veracity of the connection had to be forced through Justice in a very public manner? Who would ignore, or worse, deny, someone who is half you?

Such a large part of our selves, our characer, is 'pre-programmed' by our genes (much more than you'd expect), by our 'physical heritage'. I bet these two have plenty of similarities, even in movements.

Besides, IIRC Baudouin and Fabiola, childless yet very kind-hearted towards children, played a large role in Phil's life when his parents were otherwise engaged. B&F must have taught him the importance of being kind and forgiving.

After Baudouin died, the throne could have gone straight to Philippe since Albert was already 60 yrs old. In fact, Philippe had been preparing (and was educated) for this role since it was clear that Baudouin and Fabiola would remain childless. Yet, when Baudouin died, Philippe was still unmarried and considered not too bright and rather awkward (so not (yet) king-material), and his dad took what he (as a second son with 60 years of ennui under his belt) deemed his (and which, technically, indeed was his), and ascended the throne (that actually sounds quite GoT-ish) in 1993.

With his dad kinging along, Phil got engaged and married within the span of 3 months in 1999, got four wonderful wafflets (I'm tooootally stanning Liz the Soldier right now), with his very boring, but absolute ace of a wife GQ Til, lost quite a bit of his awkwardness (maybe all he needed was a good shag, right?), and STILL had to wait until 2013 to become king.

Phil turned 60 this spring (yes he did), but is more youthful after 7 years on the job and has so much more energy compared to his dad had at that age (ok Albert has heart problems).

Anyhoo, IMO Delphine is not the calculating nor evil kind, and meeting with her sibling is a very healing experience for her.

Just my 2 eurocents.

Oh and about the house plants: theyre bulbs, namely parrot tulips on the right and fritillaria (we call this variety lapwing flower, kievietsbloem) on the left. The bell-shaped flowers are supposed to hang like that. The flowers may be artificial, but could also be raised early (if you store bulbs cold to pretend it's winter, you can make them bloom any time of the year).

Very good reflection on the subject and the person!  Thumb up

And thank you very much for the bold part  Grin Laugh bounce
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #2210 on: October 16, 2020, 12:56:09 PM »

You're welcome!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2211 on: October 16, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »

Hmmmm, the body language in that photo... but good for them! Neither of them is responsible for their father's actions so there's no good reason to hold it against each other.

I would not read too much into it. It is a very arkward situation for both of them: and if they indeed want to have a good relationship there was a lot of pressure on both sides that the first meeting was successful. I am happy for her that Philippe is reaching out to her, because I think that is what she is missing "a sense of belonging".

And basically they share the same fate: both are children of a father who is seriously lacking his sense of responsibility in this story.
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #2212 on: October 16, 2020, 01:20:12 PM »

It was very sweet of Philippe to reach out to Delphine and for Delphine to accept the invitation. If Phil was subtly showing the middle finger towards his father with this meeting, then good for him! Philippe may be shy but he is made of sterner stuff and he has better qualities than his father ever had. I hope Delphine won't use the situation. Lets hope they can find peace in their lives. At least they can now dish on their looser father  Wink
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2213 on: October 16, 2020, 01:42:04 PM »

Good Queen Til had video calls with representatives of UNICEF India and UNICEF Brazil today

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #2214 on: October 16, 2020, 09:35:38 PM »

For anyone who missed it with all the corona news; king Albert has made an official statement today saying as much as he and his wife are 'happy' with what king Philip did. He calls it the beginning of better times, especially for Delphine.

WOAH .... like WOAH Yikes Yikes Banana
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2215 on: October 16, 2020, 10:29:42 PM »

For anyone who missed it with all the corona news; king Albert has made an official statement today saying as much as he and his wife are 'happy' with what king Philip did. He calls it the beginning of better times, especially for Delphine.

It is 2020, it's been on strange year!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2216 on: October 16, 2020, 10:41:32 PM »

Um... isn't it a little late for him to be playing this card? After all the years of freaking DENYING PATERNITY??

A****le.

Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #2217 on: October 16, 2020, 11:25:09 PM »

I was happy to see Philippe and Delphine had a meeting.  (I welcome any uplifting news at the moment.) I don't put much stock in the awkwardness of the photo - if they were like, standing arm-in-arm I'd have been like, "huh?  That was fast."  It was their first meeting and given all the publicity, not to mention emotion, it was bound to be strange to say the least. 

Albert's statement IMO is a sort of "tag on" to Phillippe & Delphine's; trying to drum up some positive press after the fact.  He probably knew nothing about the meeting until after it took place! 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2218 on: October 17, 2020, 01:15:58 AM »

Um... isn't it a little late for him to be playing this card? After all the years of freaking DENYING PATERNITY??

A****le.

Great point, LA.

It takes some stones to make a statement like that after creating (literally) all the drama in the first place. Albert and his deluded counterpart in England can go live with Rama and wax poetic about the better days when they could use people with impunity.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2219 on: October 17, 2020, 12:04:36 PM »

Bloody Albert. Honestly, the shared experience of just how awful their father is must give Delphine and Phil one very big thing in common

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: