Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Philippe & Queen Mathilde  (Read 833936 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2595 on: July 20, 2021, 02:09:18 AM »

Tbf, if you look around to our world leaders, what seems to be their claim to fame is far more their glam factor, their larger than life persona, their ( in some cases almost pathological) extroverted look at me, listen to me and I have an opinion to everything and boiled eggs.
And when you look much closer, all you see is a facade and not much substance. They all get elected by a public that buys their rainbows and confetti.
I'd much liever had a head of state that might seem a tad dull, but who is geniune and caring, who is considerate and reflected and not out get the best picture and the most tweeted headline out.

Why would people think that Philippe would be a bachelor forever?
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2596 on: July 20, 2021, 02:28:44 AM »

Tbf, if you look around to our world leaders, what seems to be their claim to fame is far more their glam factor, their larger than life persona, their ( in some cases almost pathological) extroverted look at me, listen to me and I have an opinion to everything and boiled eggs.
And when you look much closer, all you see is a facade and not much substance. They all get elected by a public that buys their rainbows and confetti.
I'd much liever had a head of state that might seem a tad dull, but who is geniune and caring, who is considerate and reflected and not out get the best picture and the most tweeted headline out.

Because he isnít flashy or conventionally handsome.

I think heís a hunk, but Iím a little biased.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2597 on: July 20, 2021, 04:28:04 AM »

I think he's hunk too..

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2598 on: July 20, 2021, 04:37:05 AM »

I think he's hunk too..

He seems kind and stable and a bit nerdy, which becomes more and more attractive the older I get! And I bet he never forgets to pick up milk on the way home from work.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2599 on: July 20, 2021, 07:01:00 AM »

I think he's hunk too..

He seems kind and stable and a bit nerdy, which becomes more and more attractive the older I get! And I bet he never forgets to pick up milk on the way home from work.

He was almost 40 when he married, and doesn't seem to have had much of a dating history prior to that (unless he was super discrete). Even when the engagement to Til was announced it took everyone by surprise because there had been no indication he was seeing anyone, leading to some speculation it was "arranged". He wasn't like other bachelor princes, such as Albert of Monaco, who was running around with numerous girlfriends.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2600 on: July 20, 2021, 08:14:43 AM »

I think he's hunk too..

He was almost 40 when he married, and doesn't seem to have had much of a dating history prior to that (unless he was super discrete). Even when the engagement to Til was announced it took everyone by surprise because there had been no indication he was seeing anyone, leading to some speculation it was "arranged". He wasn't like other bachelor princes, such as Albert of Monaco, who was running around with numerous girlfriends.

Well said
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2601 on: July 20, 2021, 08:37:26 AM »

I think he's hunk too..

Well said

I can well see an arranged introduction... most of the Euro aristocracy get introductions to others.... they donít necessarily go to school together or meet in the local pub .... so family weddings or through friends in private homes or parties
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2602 on: July 20, 2021, 10:26:13 AM »

I think he's hunk too..

Well said

I can well see an arranged introduction... most of the Euro aristocracy get introductions to others.... they donít necessarily go to school together or meet in the local pub .... so family weddings or through friends in private homes or parties

And isn't Belgium one of the last places that says it has to be someone with a title?
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2603 on: July 20, 2021, 01:02:12 PM »

Arriving in Verviers to mark the minute's silence for the victims of the recent flooding

Cool your jets, everyone
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2604 on: July 20, 2021, 01:05:54 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...et-dag-van-nationale-rouw

Belgium commemorates flood victims with day of national mourning

Belgium today has a day of national mourning to remember the victims of the flood. At least 31 people have died in the country and the severe weather has wreaked havoc on homes and infrastructure. King Philippe and Prime Minister De Croo attended a memorial ceremony in Verviers. Emergency services blared their sirens for a minute at 12 noon, followed by a minute of silence.

People need to take a moment to reflect on the events of the past few days, says correspondent AÔda Brands. "It is the biggest natural disaster in times that has hit Belgium."

The government asked everyone to "respect the silence as much as possible". The Belgian athletes who are in Tokyo for the Olympic Games also held a minute of silence. Public transport literally stopped for a minute where it could. The Belgian railway company NMBS allowed the trains to continue, but asked passengers and staff to be quiet for a minute.

The number of missing persons in Belgium was adjusted yesterday: 70 people are still missing, instead of 127. "Many missing persons have been found because they can be reached again or have been found in hospital," says Brands. "But the longer the search lasts, the greater the chance that the missing people who remain have been taken by the water."

The day of national mourning coincides with the Feast of the Sacrifice. The Great Mosque in the city of Ronse stands for prayers with the victims, a volunteer tells the Flemish broadcaster VRT. "It's hard for us to have a party and pretend that nothing is wrong, when those people are in a very difficult situation there."

Tomorrow the national holiday in Belgium will be celebrated more soberly. The festivities are smaller and some activities have been cancelled.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2605 on: July 20, 2021, 02:46:24 PM »

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2606 on: July 20, 2021, 03:03:02 PM »

I think he's hunk too..

Well said

And isn't Belgium one of the last places that says it has to be someone with a title?

I would have no idea ... comment was about how people meet and lots of people with aristo backgrounds donít have titles but mix in circles they feel comfortable with or that the parents push them into 😂
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #2607 on: July 20, 2021, 11:50:29 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...et-dag-van-nationale-rouw

Belgium commemorates flood victims with day of national mourning

Belgium today has a day of national mourning to remember the victims of the flood. At least 31 people have died in the country and the severe weather has wreaked havoc on homes and infrastructure. King Philippe and Prime Minister De Croo attended a memorial ceremony in Verviers. Emergency services blared their sirens for a minute at 12 noon, followed by a minute of silence.

People need to take a moment to reflect on the events of the past few days, says correspondent AÔda Brands. "It is the biggest natural disaster in times that has hit Belgium."

The government asked everyone to "respect the silence as much as possible". The Belgian athletes who are in Tokyo for the Olympic Games also held a minute of silence. Public transport literally stopped for a minute where it could. The Belgian railway company NMBS allowed the trains to continue, but asked passengers and staff to be quiet for a minute.

The number of missing persons in Belgium was adjusted yesterday: 70 people are still missing, instead of 127. "Many missing persons have been found because they can be reached again or have been found in hospital," says Brands. "But the longer the search lasts, the greater the chance that the missing people who remain have been taken by the water."

The day of national mourning coincides with the Feast of the Sacrifice. The Great Mosque in the city of Ronse stands for prayers with the victims, a volunteer tells the Flemish broadcaster VRT. "It's hard for us to have a party and pretend that nothing is wrong, when those people are in a very difficult situation there."

Tomorrow the national holiday in Belgium will be celebrated more soberly. The festivities are smaller and some activities have been cancelled.

Cry That's so horrible. I have no words really, that's so much pain.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2608 on: July 22, 2021, 09:40:29 AM »

it has been a smart move of Philippe (or perhaps his entourage) to marry Mathilde.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2609 on: July 22, 2021, 02:23:25 PM »

My normcore faves had a video call with Belgian athletes attending the Tokyo Olympics

Cool your jets, everyone
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: